Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Ironskin Over Nerfed?

Calikhan

Question

After the latest updates and patches it seems the Rhinos Ironskin Ability seems to be almost worthless now i can't even take out a room of people with out it going down. Is this a Over Nerf, or a much deserved beat down after the hole exposure not effecting it thing?

My IS is maxed out, my armor is over 500, and i keep my conclave low when fighting Venus Vor in order to test gear and equipment,and as i said  it it taking less damage then it has before  

Not sure what to tell you OP. None us are noticing any difference. So either you're doing something wrong or there's some sort of bug on your end or something. You're welcome to talk to support if want and hear it straight from the source.

Regardless, there has been no nerf of Ironskin in any of the patch notes for over a year at least. You can continue to believe whatever you wish.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Tested a maxed IS out for myself on Mercury with a level 4 Overextended (-50% strength). Takes 5 Grineer (level 4) a minute and a half of continuous firing to get IS to fail. Don't know what OP is talking about.

Then again, according to OP's profile he joined today, at 12:29 pm

37517009.jpg

P.S. Maybe VENUS Vor is stronger than MERCURY Vor hmmm.......

d6e7d17689901c9c79492373d91ce5d597493505

Edited by Neah

My IS is maxed out, my armor is over 500, and i keep my conclave low when fighting Venus Vor in order to test gear and equipment,and as i said  it it taking less damage then it has before

Your armor can't be over 399 on rhino, also armor does nothing for IS so you're wasting a mod slot.

First off Screw You, I Have used Rhino Since Warframe first released him, second I have tested this frame in multiple areas and in differing conclaves and it is not taking the same amount of damage as it was before, lastly I'm just stating the facts as i have found them this is a vanilla warframe with no forma or reactors used on it and testing Iron Skin and I have Found, IT IS WEAKER, and using a power meant for me to run in and take lots of incoming fire so my team can kill and not die is not a crutch you Pompous @$$... 

As I have stated these are My observations; I am Saying that MY Experiences With it Are that it is not taking Hits As it Was Before, And I am not the Only person in my Clan to notice, AS I am sure I am not the only player to notice, I felt I should bring this up as a point of intrest

It still hasn't been nerfed.

State the "facts" as many times as you want, no one else seems to be noticing a nerf except you and people you claim to have the same issue.

As Neah said, perhaps the mythical Vor you are fighting on Venus is different to the one on Mercury seeing as only you know about that one.

Your attitude since you started this thread hasn't helped your case much at all. You say you don't care about other peoples opinions and then go on to insult people when they don't care about yours.

Folk like you do make me chuckle.

Edit - it seems someone above is right, Rhino's armour can't get to 500 even with max Steel Fibre. Rhino has a base armour of 190 with the max 110% from Steel Fibre would give you a total of 399.

It looks like you are making things up.

Edited by Ailissa

After the latest updates and patches it seems the Rhinos Ironskin Ability seems to be almost worthless now i can't even take out a room of people with out it going down. Is this a Over Nerf, or a much deserved beat down after the hole exposure not effecting it thing?

it's been greatly reduced as I said it can't take half of what it use to and it goes down at an accelerated rate even on a much lower lvl area 

I have played The Rhino Frame most of the game and i'm telling you it is Nerfed weather it was intentional or not it has become weaker then it was, i know it's weaker because i can't clear Vor solo anymore  with out him destroying my shields and skin which never happened before the update. 

I have my Rhino Prime set up to maximize his ironskins armor and I don't use overextended or any corrupted mods, i use Flow,  Streamline, & intensify.

Again i know it is not taking the same damage it was i don't care if you think it's not different i know its weaker, i'm not taking any where near what it was before the change

Hey man, I know it seems like it, but there is no change besides the counter.  The problem is this: Now that there is a counter to worry about and to monitor with your eyes, your mind is playing tricks on you.  Damage resistance is exactly the same.

You do know enemies do more damage as their level increases??? Soooo yaaaaa... Also Vor was buffed a long time ago. :/ Your either new, or haven't been here a while because so far it seems like your mad because your God mode ability isn't as good as you thought it was.

Rhino Skin isn't suppose to be run in and kill stuff ability, its suppose to be a defensive ability for reviving. The dam thing can only last 5 seconds after enemies go past level 30.

You can buy zephyr, Zephyr has Rhino skin that can't be destroyed until the timer goes out it has a couple gaps but as long as you keep moving you will be fine.

Edited by Feallike

Steel fiber*

As we said, even with max steel fiber it can't go over 399.

I repeat, Rhino has a base armour of 190. Add the 110% from a max steel fiber and it only hits 399.

It is impossible for Rhino to get 500 armour.

The only Warframe with armour that high is Valkyr.

As we said, even with max steel fiber it can't go over 399.

I repeat, Rhino has a base armour of 190. Add the 110% from a max steel fiber and it only hits 399.

It is impossible for Rhino to get 500 armour.

The only Warframe with armour that high is Valkyr.

Yes i Noticed that and corrected myself again my apologies 

First, these are the facts As i have them, and your just some kid who still lives with his parents,

Lines like this arent going to get people to accept your point of view.

All its doing is giving them an excuse to summon a moderator to shut this thread down.

Look I have played Excalibur, Rhino, Valkyr, Nekros, Oberon, Rhino Prime, Frost prime, Mirage and I use Each One Specificly to fit a role, Void, DPS, Support, and Tank. And i run my RP specifically to be a tank and since this last update my Iron skin is dyeing super quick and I haven't even got it to lvl 30 yet and i'm keeping my areas at Saturn and below and low lvl voids, and I have Solo'd T4 Vor boss twice with it, i'm not saying it doesn't work but it feels like my Skin is going down  far quicker then it was previouslyand i'm not the only person to notice

Well I went ahead and tested IS again, this time using a maxed Iron Skin without any changes to power strength / armor(doesn't affect IS anyway).

Mercury Vor (level 50) hits 200 damage per hit with his Seer pistol to my shields, and around 150 to health (Ferrite). Assuming this damage is constant (which it basically is and should be) , he took out 11% of my Iron Skin with every hit, making the damage he dealt before my IS failed is around ~1500 which is understandable since it is Ferrite armor . There are certain hits that deal 2x the damage, which can be assumed as headshots. And the Grineer he summons are all level 50, which is quite dangerous, as they bring down IS quite quickly.

On a side note, Vor has become quite accurate with his Seer pistol , being able to consistently hit me even while rolling / sprinting left and right to dodge them. So that might be the issue. Other than that there is nothing noteworthy that I've found so far.

So, basically IS has not undergone any nerfs so far that I can see. 

@Calikhan : If you have any numerical / statistical data to support your claim, please do bring them forth as to avoid any further and needless confusion

Edited by Neah

I have to agree about how rapid the IS bleeds off, I'm a long time Rhino player and it also seems to me it goes down a lot quicker at lower levels than before. I have done no changes to my mod setup from before they added the percentage to now. I'm of the mind that they should have used actual numbers instead of percentage because of how you mod your IS is going to be stronger. I think in some way the coding is not seeing a difference and just using a percent across the board.