Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Ironskin Over Nerfed?

Calikhan

Question

After the latest updates and patches it seems the Rhinos Ironskin Ability seems to be almost worthless now i can't even take out a room of people with out it going down. Is this a Over Nerf, or a much deserved beat down after the hole exposure not effecting it thing?

I keep my conclave at about 700-1200 depending on my load out, if  IS is set at 1500 points then that means 3 earth  lvl 10 grineer are able to do about 120 per hit because they drop my IS in about 12 hits and again most grineer seem to be able to hit me easily because rhino is slow and dodge and rolling don't deter damage, now I have a max Iron skin and i use intensify, and streamline to maximize it (no idea if they add to the value or not).

Went to Mars lvl 15 Corpus. These enemies where even better at destroying my IS due to the Constant Beam weapons that are present  and my IS took 3 beams for about 4 secs before dropping, Nef Anyo Fight which is classed as over Easy, he droped my IS doing about 150 a hit i think.

Saturn turn out about the same as Mars just less beams, the grineer did about the same damage in the same span of time,

Again i have beaten T4 Vor solo (my team left me to fight him mostly) using this same Load out not saying it's not working but it is failing a lot quicker then it use to 

maybe we need more actual testings instead of "i feel" "i guess"

I recently did some very, VERY basic testing involving T1 void lasers, and from a hit-to-hit basis, Post-update IS can take the same amount of abuse. Maybe this is just an issue with the OP, and he needs to submit a support ticket.

I recently did some very, VERY basic testing involving T1 void lasers, and from a hit-to-hit basis, Post-update IS can take the same amount of abuse. Maybe this is just an issue with the OP, and he needs to submit a support ticket.

that sounds pretty convincing to me. ty

Did yet another round of testing on Venus and Europa respectively with the same setup of a maxed IS of default power strength values.

MOAs(level 9) on Venus hit an average of 20 on shields , 11 to health. It takes approximately (for one MOA) over 100 hits to break my IS.

MOAs(level 15) on Europa hit an average of 25 on shields , 13 to health. It takes approximately (for one MOA) over 80 hits to break my IS

Elite Crewman(level 15) on Europa hits an average of 20 per second on shields, 30 to health. It takes approximately (for one Crewman) 35 seconds to break my IS

If there were any signs of an IS nerf, I'm not seeing it.

Maybe a DE staff can come and finally answer this debate since nobody has actual hard facts to provide.

So the people who have reported numbers from play testing today aren't actual hard facts?

People are trying to change objective facts with their subjective feelings.  If iron skin had changed then the calculations on the wiki would have changed and play testing would have brought it to light.  So far two instances of play testing line up with the wiki calculations and no one has reported actual numbers to contradict that.

I'm not, several of my clansmen have noticed to and a person posted that he to noticed it 

It's just the mind playing tricks because of you having a more detailed counter. Same with say, when i did a jailbreak on my ipod touch and enabled % battery. For weeks I was convinced it was depleting faster but its just the detail of the timer making it seem quicker.

I have played The Rhino Frame most of the game and i'm telling you it is Nerfed weather it was intentional or not it has become weaker then it was, i know it's weaker because i can't clear Vor solo anymore  with out him destroying my shields and skin which never happened before the update. 

It definitely hasn't been nerfed.

Do you know that boss difficulty scales with your conclave rating?

Maybe you just got better mods and weapons, increasing your conclave rating, thus making Vor more difficult.

Other than that, it could be you subconsciously watching the counter, making it seem worse. 

It definitely hasn't been nerfed.

Do you know that boss difficulty scales with your conclave rating?

Maybe you just got better mods and weapons, increasing your conclave rating, thus making Vor more difficult.

Other than that, it could be you subconsciously watching the counter, making it seem worse. 

See i post that i ran the Vor mission with differing conclaves to check that point and you dint read that post, See this is why i Hate forums because instead of helping your just making your own answers . I have ran multiple mission using differing load outs to alter my conclave but keeping the same mods, and my results stay the same, Great yours works the same as before then fine MINE doesn't   

See this is why i Hate forums because instead of helping your just making your own answers .

I think that's the exact same thing you're doing. Multiple people have run tests and independently confirmed that the only thing different about iron skin is your perception of it, and yet you continue to insist it's actually broken. 

Perhaps could you make a video of your gameplay experience and mod setup?

Edit:

I think that's the exact same thing you're doing. Multiple people have run tests and independently confirmed that the only thing different about iron skin is your perception of it, and yet you continue to insist it's actually broken. 

There has been rare player specific bugs.

For example when prosecutors glitched out and devs applied their patchwork of making delta beacons drop primarily in survival/defense ceres missions with all other beacon types primarily dropping in other mission types, players would complain nonstop about getting dozens of delta beacons for 20-40 minute runs in survival but when I'd do a survival I'd see the normal random drop rates with a delta only dropping once every 20 minutes, twice if I was lucky.  At the time I was sitting on enough beacons to make 10 vay hek keys except for my complete lack of deltas.

But as soon as I changed my ping limit settings and joined other farmers as a client, deltas out the @$$.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Indeed. And if it REALLY is broken, get a video of it, or submit a ticket. 

Also, your attitude isn't going to inspire people to help you out.

I have read your earlier posts, and people have said the exact same thing I did. What I posted was more of a reassurance than a solution, and I probably could have phrased it better, but no need to get all aggressive about it.