Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latron

GetBrocked

I haven't really heard all that much about the Latron, all I hear about is: Hek, Gorgon, Boltor and to a lesser degree Paris are the kings.

While Mods get applied equally to all of the guns it really seems like Latron benefits massively from firerate and obviously multishot (which gun doesn't?).  The Latron has the standard 500ish rifle magazine.  The only difference is that it has a 15 round magazine and you're shooting semi auto.  While Gorgon is the king of dps it seems like over time due to the fact that you can always be shooting without the fear of wasting ammo you'll start coming out ahead on damage dealt.

Disclaimer, I'm around 20 or so missions away from beating every mission in the game.  I haven't really farmed out defense mission at 15+ waves, so I'm missing that experience.  I do however have both the gorgon and latron at 30 with the catalsyt and I feel much more effective with the Latron.

I'm just wondering what people thought of this rifle since I haven't really heard all to much about it.

The Latron is for the player that doesn't believe in spray-and-pray. The benefits of this fine weapon are often overlooked. If you favor quick and precise shots, and have the reflexes for it, then it's perfect for you. My wife fits this description and she LOVES this rifle.

Edited by Aramahn

I haven't really heard all that much about the Latron, all I hear about is: Hek, Gorgon, Boltor and to a lesser degree Paris are the kings.

While Mods get applied equally to all of the guns it really seems like Latron benefits massively from firerate and obviously multishot (which gun doesn't?).  The Latron has the standard 500ish rifle magazine.  The only difference is that it has a 15 round magazine and you're shooting semi auto.  While Gorgon is the king of dps it seems like over time due to the fact that you can always be shooting without the fear of wasting ammo you'll start coming out ahead on damage dealt.

Disclaimer, I'm around 20 or so missions away from beating every mission in the game.  I haven't really farmed out defense mission at 15+ waves, so I'm missing that experience.  I do however have both the gorgon and latron at 30 with the catalsyt and I feel much more effective with the Latron.

I'm just wondering what people thought of this rifle since I haven't really heard all to much about it.

How is it that this level 1 is claiming he has the gorgon...

The main thing I can't understand about the Latron is its firing sound. I was sure it had a powerful sounding shot, since it is intended to be some sort of heavy semi-automatic rifle, but it had not. I can't use a rifle which has a bad sound.

Stats are good, Latron is basically a larger version of the Lex. If your playstyle is 'Marksman' then it would fit.

The main thing I can't understand about the Latron is its firing sound. I was sure it had a powerful sounding shot, since it is intended to be some sort of heavy semi-automatic rifle, but it had not. I can't use a rifle which has a bad sound.

Stats are good, Latron is basically a larger version of the Lex. If your playstyle is 'Marksman' then it would fit.

O/T :that said... 50% firing mod makes the braton ... not sound like a braton. is that the case with other weapos.