Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Have Prime Gold Texture Be Changed To Pbr For Update 15?

Bacodus

A Risky move, but I think this is a step on the right track considering how the current texture does not look realistic on low-light conditions. Also, all of the prime weapons and warframes will have the look they deserve.

Why not let us use different skins for primes too

I mean like the Paris bow and its prime counterpart. Personally: I loved the look of the Paris bow, but I really don't like it's prime counterpart, despite being one of my favorite weapons. So, why not let me the forest camo skin on it, or have a regular Paris skin, like how primes have their prime helmet, and non prime helmet

For all your Prime polishing needs.

18-165004-1000x1000.jpg

I do find it a little bit odd that the gold glows in the dark. I do kinda like it though.

Edit to put that pic in spoilers. It was bigger than I thought.

Edited by Ailissa

How long could a texture redux take?

They're not messing with the meshes after all.

Sure, a complete texture overhaul might not be quite as hard and time consuming as, say, a complete mesh overhaul, but that doesn't mean it is super easy and fast to get done. Additionally, they have quite a bit more than just that to worry about as well, things that take priority over textures. It could be (and probably will be) some time before a complete texture overhaul is done.

How long could a texture redux take?

They're not messing with the meshes after all.

I was about to say that. They already have all the models/meshes, they aren't completely remaking each model (though some could use it), so all they need to do is cut up each texture, assign it a (pbr) material, then check to make sure it works properly.

It's not an overnight job, but it certainly shouldn't take years to do.