Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Ash Or Frost?

Question

12 answers to this question

Well I can tell you the Frost is harder to get than the Ashe in my own opinion in terms of the boss, but they aren't impossible to get. You should really check their playstyles before picking though because they are quite different from my current knowledge of the two warframes. 

Like Bojangles said, your choice may best be decided on your playstyle and what you are looking for in a frame. And once you've had your fun with one, why not get the other as well? : o I tend to use my platinum on slots, I have built all 4 frames except my starter frame, I like taking the effort into building them, but Frost and Ash are very well worth it. Frost is awesome for tanking and Ash is great for getting around quickly and laying down the hurt. You could check YouTube and the Wiki and compare them as well.

None of the Frames are worth 375 Plat imho, or maybe im just a cheapass...

The Boss that drops Frost Plans is a bit harder than the others so i'd say he is the harder one to get, but still not that hard. A few hours farming max and you should get it.

As for Ash vs Frost:

I do not have a Frost crafted yet, i do have all his BP, but i do have a Ash. Honestly he is just a Loki with worse Polarities(2 V and no D, who the F*#§ needs 2 V...), slightly more health and shorter Invisibility duration.

For me Loki(got one at 30 aswell) is far better due to longer Invisibility and Decoy. He also has the better Warframe polarities.

The hotness on ash is basically bladestorm and the way it isnt reduced by any damage mitigation. Teleport is functional though i don't usually slot it, and smoke bomb is a good oh-S#&$ button but not on par with loki's invis by any means

Totally agreed that OP should not buy any warframe for plat :)

The hotness on ash is basically bladestorm and the way it isnt reduced by any damage mitigation. Teleport is functional though i don't usually slot it, and smoke bomb is a good oh-S#&$ button but not on par with loki's invis by any means

Totally agreed that OP should not buy any warframe for plat :)

Ash's Smoke Bomb is just as good as invis. Its less time but less energy, the ratio works out the same. The effective time is reduced by the cast animation, but casting it sets off an AoE stun on nearby mobs. The only big difference is Loki's effeciency helm and larger power pool, but a direct comparison between the two abilities implies in no way a weakness of Smoke Bomb.

Farm Ash, its not that difficult.

The 335 plat you'll spend on Ash nets you ~115k credits, 1 Orikin Cell, 1 Control Module, 2 Morphics, 1 Neural Sensors, 1000 Ferrite, 150 Alloy Plate, 150 Polymer Bundle,  500 Salvage, 220 Plastids, and you can access Ash 3.5 days sooner.

Only worth it if you want to play a new frame RIGHT NOW, or significantly lack some of the above materials, or just dont want to farm the blueprints.

If you do decide to purchase Ash with Platnium, consider instead purchasing Loki. Hes basically the same frame, with added utility for reduced durability, but his ulti sucks, and he only costs 75 (or 150, the helm is awesome and you should get it) plat.

Edited by Darzk

ahh wasted.. I just bought Ash 30mins ago ><

Any recommended sentinels for Ash?

Shade defiantly becuz he will not attack unless you are attacked so then you can sneak easier. When you have ghost it now invis shade too so it's a lot easier to stealth around. Great for solo missions.

So Shade in my opinion is the best for Ash

-B

Woah darn I bought Ash already ><

Well since I have Paris,dual zoren and twin viper, I decided to go with Ash. That's why I bought him.

@GiantB gonna get shade soon XD

Left with 9xx plat..

Idk what to do with it other than buying potatoes to upgrade weapons and frames