Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Players, I Feel For You

Eggzodiya

I just maxed Trinity a few minutes ago, and I have to say, I feel a bit bad for people who play as her. About 13 minutes into a survival mission on Pluto (Palus), people realized that there's a Trinity in the midst. I hadn't used any of my powers (I came with energy vampire and blessing) just because it wasn't needed yet, until a Mag was near death and my conscience told me to intervene.

Mag: "There's a Trinity in the group?"

Rhino: "Yeah, why?"

Mag: "Cool, I don't have to think anymore. Trinity, keep healing please."

Me: "... what?"

Oberon: "Lol."

Me: "What do I look like, a nurse?"

Rhino/Mag: "Yes."

About 5 minutes later, I decided I wouldn't heal for a minute just to see how long they'd last. Not 10 seconds later, the Rhino and Mag were down. Oberon was holding his own pretty well. He ran into a group of Corpus somethings, used Reckoning, and immediately proceeded in reviving Rhino. I like what he did; cc the mass of baddies and while they fight each other, he revives his teammate. Mag died because she was too far away, but later revived herself.

I understand the importance of having a healer in the group, but that doesn't give people the green light to throw their brains in the back seat without a seat belt. Anyway, now that she's maxed, I doubt I'll be on her again. She's great and all, but I don't want to pick up peoples' slack just because they think they're invincible with a Trinity present.

I just maxed Trinity a few minutes ago, and I have to say, I feel a bit bad for people who play as her. About 13 minutes into a survival mission on Pluto (Palus), people realized that there's a Trinity in the midst. I hadn't used any of my powers (I came with energy vampire and blessing) just because it wasn't needed yet, until a Mag was near death and my conscience told me to intervene.

About 5 minutes later, I decided I wouldn't heal for a minute just to see how long they'd last. Not 10 seconds later, the Rhino and Mag were down. Oberon was holding his own pretty well. He ran into a group of Corpus somethings, used Reckoning, and immediately proceeded in reviving Rhino. I like what he did; cc the mass of baddies and while they fight each other, he revives his teammate. Mag died because she was too far away, but later revived herself.

I understand the importance of having a healer in the group, but that doesn't give people the green light to throw their brains in the back seat without a seat belt. Anyway, now that she's maxed, I doubt I'll be on her again. She's great and all, but I don't want to pick up peoples' slack just because they think they're invincible with a Trinity present.

you're going to have to do that anyway lol the higher your mastery the more people think they can just lean on and let you do all the work. Youll just have to accept that unless you have a premade group you will most likely be carrying xP

I agree though, what they said and did was rather stupid, just because youre trinity doesnt mean you want to baby sit

Edited by Echoa

when i'm in the mood for Trinity, i spend most of my time supplying Energy or just picking up high HP Enemies and making Energy Vampire do hilarious DPS.

and i heal people from time to time when they need it. i'm not going to babysit them though, i check the Player List from time to time and Heal if necessary.

sometimes it's surprising how much Power usage doesn't go up when they have literally Infinite Energy. 

but, what can you do. they're called PuG's for a reason.

I agree though, what they said and did was rather stupid, just because youre trinity doesnt mean you want to baby sit

But Nannyframe best frame.

In all seriousness though yeah that was kinda silly. Legitimately even if you were going to babysit them you can't 100% guarantee you're going to be able to heal them on demand. Lag, energy drain, knockdowns, not paying absolute perfect attention to their health bars because you're killing something nasty. There's any number of reasons why you wouldn't be able to heal them whenever they get into trouble. Having a Trinity in the group is no reason to just shut your brain off.

It was a bit amusing to watch them for a while, then it quickly became stupid. 21 minutes in, Mag and I ran into a room full of elite crewmen and fusion MOAs and she literally melted while I was reloading my latron wraith, behind a metal crate while crouching. I proceeded to getting blamed for her death. I was at a loss for words.

Edited by Eggzodiya

Exactly why I only played my Trinity for mastery. That, and when I was leveling her, she had the Godmode ability that just ruined any fun in the game by making everything way too easy...

you're going to have to do that anyway lol the higher your mastery the more people think they can just lean on and let you do all the work. Youll just have to accept that unless you have a premade group you will most likely be carrying xP

lol

trinity in my group or not

it's not that hard to not get downed

whenever I see/have a trinity on the squad, I expect trinity to do her job i.e healing but I never demand to be heal because good players know what roles are in the mission.

If I see a Trinity in the group, I expect to be healed, but I don't expect to healed when I need to be healed, and I certainly never demand that I be healed. I ask nicely if anything at all, but that is pretty rare because I am usually pretty good about keeping my health up.

No, Pugs are like that with or without Trin. 

The difference is if Trinity is present, they have someone to blame.

Honestly, it's not hard to stay alive. Hide behind cover and shoot from afar instead of turning the brain off and going bullet-crazy, hoping they hit/kill something. Hiding may gain less kills, but the dead deal no damage. They don't contribute anything to the party. I wish some people would understand that.

Edited by Eggzodiya

It was a bit amusing to watch them for a while, then it quickly became stupid. 21 minutes in, Mag and I ran into a room full of elite crewmen and fusion MOAs and she literally melted while I was reloading my latron wraith, behind a metal crate while crouching. I proceeded to getting blamed for her death. I was at a loss for words.

i dont wanna be that guy but blaming trinity for mag's incompetence is just plain noob. mag is awesome, very capable and shouldn't be downed easily and 21min into palus is nothing.

Welcome to the PuG-Life.

I left it long ago. Partially because of wonky MM stuff (worst connection guy being forced to host), but mostly because of the disgraces who dare calling themselves 'tenno' I ended up with far too often.

I still use my 5-forma trinity whenever I feel like it, but mostly when I need to support a group or if I need to babysit my giant anorexic kubrow.

She's great for support, but when going solo I have other frames which are simply more suited for the job.

I love being a heal-tank, using Link + melee in the thickest of situations. Yet, if I'm up close and personal, I expect the gunners to at least take non-melee range cover long enough so that when the room is cleared, I can glance at their health bars. I can't use Blessing when I'm surrounded by the worst of the worst, without making the situation such that I am the one downed. If my energy is ever topped, I simply cast it upon my next shield burst, giving at least a mild to moderate damage reduction for those in the squad. (assuming health was damaged) It's great when there's an Oberon around, too, so that between them and I, our synergy fits well. ^_^

That Broberon was probably like "Pfft, peasants" to the Rhino and Mag.

See, now you know how we feel and now you can start to get irritated by all the tools that come to the forums saying "Trinity is easy mode and needs nerfing".

Trinity could be easy mode if we didn't have to keep carrying everyone because suddenly people see a healer and who needs tactics when the mug will keep you all alive.

no matter how many players in my group i always set my mind every man for himself

because if i'm downed i'm gonna screw entire party and if u r downed u r gonna screw my fun killing time and forcing me to run on entire map just for reviving 1 person

we can't read other player mind so play ur best and don't be like those mag and rhino

As usual, Broberon continues being 100% aptly named.

How can one player even be that full of themselves to completely ignore the team composition and making a general plan using basic warframe knowledge?

How does it take nearly 15 minutes to just now realize a frame is being used? How are you that bad at survival to not realize it almost immediately?

Like, you have to actively decide not to look at your teammates choice in frame in order to avoid it besides being completely ignorant on said frame teammate is using.

I don't believe this honestly. There's no way someone could be so oblivious to their team in survival that it takes them nearly 15 minutes to realize a frame is being used.

Edited by darthdart