Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Bows, Then The Attica What About My Ballistics

Gahrzerkire

I want my Ballistica to use thunderbolt. I mean goodness gracious its called a BALLISTICA. Like BALLISTICS. I,E EXPLOSIVES. WHERE ARE MY EXPLOSIONS ON MY BALLISTICA.

Please the thing should be able to use thunderbolt its ridiculous that it cant.

Ballistica as in mini ballista. Not ballistic. 

Fire + ice = Blast there's your explosives lol

Except blast doesn't actually do AOE damage, it's just a knockdown.

Oh wait, he meant Ballistica, not "ballistics" in general.

Uhhhh...   Ballistica is just sad and pathetic in general.  It needs a lot more before it needs Thunderbolt mod to work on it especially Thunderbolt is so bad.   Go support this thread by Noble_Cactus.

Edited by Momaw

Except blast doesn't actually do AOE damage, it's just a knockdown.

I think what the user wants is a mod called "Explosive Rounds" that converts some percentage of your damage into AOE.  This would be very difficult to balance properly given the enormous variation in the damage, rates of fire, mag sizes, ammo efficiency, etc etc.   More realistic would be to petition for a new gun that innately fires explosive rounds.

Angstrum.

eh. You dont get the point. For me its not about balancing the gun I think its perfectly balanced I love the thing. Favorite Secondary have 4 forma on the sucker. Its about being logical. If the attica a crossbow can use Thunderbolt why cant the Ballistica? afterall it is not a mini Ballista which is clued from the codex entry: 

The Ballistica crossbow features a unique dual firing mechanism, choose between a four bolt volley or a deadly accurate charged shot.

THE THING SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THUNDERBOLT JUST LIKE THE ATTICA THEY ARE BOTH CROSSBOWS ones just smaller XD

Edited by Gear-hart

Because it's not a primary. Thunderbolt is a primary mod -- bows and the Attica are both primaries.

Good point. But still why not? Thunderbolt is a mod for bolt/arrow weapons shouldn't the secondaries at least have a mod that does the same? (They already have that in place for plenty of other mods)

Good point. But still why not? Thunderbolt is a mod for bolt/arrow weapons shouldn't the secondaries at least have a mod that does the same? (They already have that in place for plenty of other mods)

Given that secondaries have better scaling mods (Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion give higher values than Serration and Split Chamber), I really don't think they do.

And again, Thunderbolt is a terrible mod. A static 250 damage is not impressive at all.

Given that secondaries have better scaling mods (Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion give higher values than Serration and Split Chamber), I really don't think they do.

And again, Thunderbolt is a terrible mod. A static 250 damage is not impressive at all

But its still a good idea for two reasons, one its logical. Two, would make the weapon a ton of fun and it is very very very good when you have it with all of the scaling mods. Forexample barrel diffusion and lethal torrent give the chane of shoting 3 bolts + the 4 bolt volley means the potential of 12 bolts. which means that at base you should have a minimum of 4 explosions. thats 1000 damage. And you must admit that is very impressive.

thunderbolt is a bit useless, it costs me more revives than playing solo 

It is not useless. Put it on the Attica. Its awesome. Besides its use at your own risk if it kills you then dont use it besides. it barely does damage agaisnt your sheilds.

Edited by Gear-hart

But its still a good idea for two reasons, one its logical. Two, would make the weapon a ton of fun and it is very very very good when you have it with all of the scaling mods. Forexample barrel diffusion and lethal torrent give the chane of shoting 3 bolts + the 4 bolt volley means the potential of 12 bolts. which means that at base you should have a minimum of 4 explosions. thats 1000 damage. And you must admit that is very impressive.

It's not. It really, really isn't, given that weapons can do that completely on their own, and Thunderbolt is taking up a mod slot (when you could be using an elemental mod or a Bane, which will give you more damage than Thunderbolt ever would).

It's not. It really, really isn't, given that weapons can do that completely on their own, and Thunderbolt is taking up a mod slot (when you could be using an elemental mod or a Bane, which will give you more damage than Thunderbolt ever would).

Yes and that is a style choice. Do you want 1000 AOE damage or just a boosted direct shot? that is up to the player. But the player should have the option! And I dissagree Vargras if there are a ton of enemies around AOE will dish out wayyy more damage. 

omaigud

i would love to have Thunderbolt on all Ballistic Weapons.

lol :D

okay, i'm done. i'm sorry.

having more Weapons that can use Thunderbolt, why not. just remember that Thunderbolt does terrible Damage. it's never actually effective, it's just different.

but different is good, so it can't hurt.

people abusing Attica with Hall of Mirrors to spam Thunderbolt - EVEN THEN Thunderbolt isn't good. it's just a small packet of Damage, nothing else.

i can 'out DPS' that with a thrown Melee.

people are just abusing that because it's easymode. they can just put a paper weight on their mouse (or however else you want to just hold Fire) and walk away until the end of the wave. it's not effective, it's just easy.

Edit:

seriously, Attica & Hall of Mirrors is an average of under 2000 DPS from the Explosions.

Edited by taiiat

Edit:

seriously, Attica & Hall of Mirrors is an average of under 2000 DPS from the Explosions.

Yeah no biggy so seriously people they should do this! We need the ballistica to be ballistic. becuase as classified by the codex it is a crossbow.

I though people used it for the Knock down more then the dmg since mirage can turn it into a major control weapon to help her team.

Used what? Thunderbolt? It can be used as that but sadly the arrows from the attica tend to kill off the enemies pretty quickly even in end game voids.

Fire + ice = Blast there's your explosives lol

That's not gonna work.

1. Thunderbolt has 30% chance.

Ballistica only has 10% status chance.

This means the chance to trigger blast status effect is less than 10% because the 10% may result in other proc.

With four event status mods, the status chance is 34% per bolt, but remember, the 34% includes other proc besides blast.

So the actual chance to proc blast is less than 34%.

2. No status effect will be triggered when the bolt miss the target.

Thunderbolt, however, will always have 30% chance even when the arrow hits the ground instead of enemy.

And again, Thunderbolt is a terrible mod. A static 250 damage is not impressive at all.

On the Attica with mirage its not too terribly bad

On the ballistica with mirage it might actually be OP....

With max multishot you would get 3.36 explosions per 4-shot burst.

That is 840 extra AOE damage plus.the utility.

It would actually end up working pretty well with the ballistica. Or at least well enough to be interesting

That is EXACTLY what I am saying. The thing would have serious utility especially as a secondary and moreover its only LOGICAL for the ballistica to hace access to thunderbolt!

I SAY WE STOP FORGETTING OUT LITTLE SECONDARY FRIEND HERE!