Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Form For Warframes

SuperMrSkully

On a different note, the ancients look kind of like warframes, just in texture. There also the only ones in the void, maybe being the oldest form of the technocyte virus, so there is a chance that our warframes are made out of the infested, maybe this is the reason the orokin made the technocyte virus, but then it started infecting people and not being used as it's intended purpose. Also, can anyone tell me what "The Collapse" was? Because I found this description.

INFESTATION describes both a disease and its victims - a metamorphic affliction without cure. Living organisms are consumed and merged into rabid amalgamations.

Individuals are violent and animalistic yet the larger whole exhibits signs of coordination, with multiple swarms converging on ships and colonies.
Its origins are uncertain but there is historical evidence of a similar outbreak before The Collapse

It could've been a definitive victory without killing them all, sure. In fact, I'm hoping for it being the case because I'm rooting for the Sentients being the new enemy faction I hear whispers about.

I'm super torn. I see two ways they could take things that have a lot of potential IMHO.

First they could do what everyone is kinda expecting, which is to give the 'Sentients' a big reveal along with a real name and then include them.

Second, they could reveal more about the organization Stalker belongs to. The Lower Guardians. I have a feeling they aren't like Tenno power-wise. I think they'd turn out to be more like genetically enhanced soldiers armed in Warframe suits specialized for use by non-Tenno.

It'd allow DE to introduce an enemy faction closer to the Orokin than any other group and you could do a lot of interesting stuff with the way they fight.

I would want a Henshin for WF's but only if I get a cool sound track and get a rider kick.

I'd love that. Honestly, I wish weapons like Kogake or Obex would increase the damage of your jump kick just for the sake of making it slightly more lethal.

IMHO the Tenno aren't infected with the technocyte virus.

1. The suit that Hayden Tenno found/wore was most likely made by the Agency (Lotus symbol) while Mezner was working for them before he became infected.

2. The Agency wanted super-soldiers not monsters so the likelihood that the suit _required_ infection is minimal.

3. Mezner had Nemesis/Nadia infect Hayden to control him, but that didn't work. But the focus of that infection was attempted control.

4. Hence I think the Tenno are called Tenno because of the Warframe not because of any infection.

5. I believe that all Forma/Morphic/Orokin technology is based on the "living metal" that is a byproduct of the Dark-Sector-Era technocyte infection

6. The Infestation is a new Orokin creation created from the Dark-Sector-Era technocyte virus but is notably different.

7. The Tenno get their exotic powers from the Void, that is why they are "monsters". Doubling up on "monster-ness" is just bad story-telling and I don't think DE would do that.

8. The Warframes use Orokin tech so they also use disinfected technocyte material like all Orokin tech. However the Orokin have been able to use the "living metal" for hundreds of years cleanly so there is no reason to assume infection in a Tenno.

IMHO the Tenno aren't infected with the technocyte virus.

1. The suit that Hayden Tenno found/wore was most likely made by the Agency (Lotus symbol) while Mezner was working for them before he became infected.

2. The Agency wanted super-soldiers not monsters so the likelihood that the suit _required_ infection is minimal.

3. Mezner had Nemesis/Nadia infect Hayden to control him, but that didn't work. But the focus of that infection was attempted control.

4. Hence I think the Tenno are called Tenno because of the Warframe not because of any infection.

5. I believe that all Forma/Morphic/Orokin technology is based on the "living metal" that is a byproduct of the Dark-Sector-Era technocyte infection

6. The Infestation is a new Orokin creation created from the Dark-Sector-Era technocyte virus but is notably different.

7. The Tenno get their exotic powers from the Void, that is why they are "monsters". Doubling up on "monster-ness" is just bad story-telling and I don't think DE would do that.

8. The Warframes use Orokin tech so they also use disinfected technocyte material like all Orokin tech. However the Orokin have been able to use the "living metal" for hundreds of years cleanly so there is no reason to assume infection in a Tenno.

Dark Sector Warframes are not Warframe Warframes, so most of your points are moot.

So the Tenno couldn't have finished off the Sentients. Perhaps we simply drove them back?

My money is on the destruction of the Solar Rails on Pluto cutting the Sentients off from our system without actually defeating/destroying them.  The Orokin claimed victory and lauded the Tenno as heroes while the Tenno were disgusted by what the Orokin had become and what hey were willing to do to their own people (creation of technocyte/infested) so betrayed them.  The Tenno and Orokin would likely have then had a (civil) war as the Orokin subjects would not just go 'Cheers for that.' and carry on like nothing happened.  There would have been reprisal attacks.  The Stalker and his like.  Fast forward a few years in cryo sleep and the Tenno have memory loss but the crazy Stalker is still about and the Corpus are playing with something they don't understand which is going to bring the greatest threat ever known back to us.

My money is on the destruction of the Solar Rails on Pluto cutting the Sentients off from our system without actually defeating/destroying them.  The Orokin claimed victory and lauded the Tenno as heroes while the Tenno were disgusted by what the Orokin had become and what hey were willing to do to their own people (creation of technocyte/infested) so betrayed them.  The Tenno and Orokin would likely have then had a (civil) war as the Orokin subjects would not just go 'Cheers for that.' and carry on like nothing happened.  There would have been reprisal attacks.  The Stalker and his like.  Fast forward a few years in cryo sleep and the Tenno have memory loss but the crazy Stalker is still about and the Corpus are playing with something they don't understand which is going to bring the greatest threat ever known back to us.

Yeah. I think it's really likely that the Grineer and Corpus Empires rose directly from the ashes of the Orokin Empire as it crumbled without it's leaders. If the Tenno really did chose to slaughter the Orokin Council the rest would have crumbled fairly quickly. From what DE seem to allude to, it's possible that after the Tenno rebelled they went into hiding in cryo. The Sentients must have returned and laid waste to any attempt to prevent the Orokin Empire from dying.

On one side, you've got people who hid behind mechanical drones and answer to a business-like Board of Directors.

On the other, you've got people who turned to a pair of God-Queens (I just like calling them that.) who they fear and rely on for protection as they expand their army and their might.

One side promised the survivors safety and comfort through profit.

The other promised survival and strength through conquest.

AahahahahaaAAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAa... life is already hard with posion cloud infested tennos....................*imagines in mission fighting infested with his serro prime(Swing swing enjoying music SUDDENLY!?!!) A wild tenno appears Me : hello... infested rhino : .......... Me: care to help me out, infested rhino : Waaagh Caaa-aahhh Fiiiist!! (Rhino stomp) Me : Ohhhh why.... wait i got caugh, after 2mins ash infested (blade storm) me: 4 revives used in lvl 10 mission.... my life is useless. Imagination over* Okkk... no good idea of infested tennos

Personally, I believe that the Tenno are the victims of the Technocyte, but still having a consciousness. While in the void, their bodies will get nearly destroyed in the process to a point where they can no longer infect another person with the plague. However, they still need life support. Their bodies will become nothing more than a conduit of Energy, a way to Channel the powerful forces of the Void to the stable parts of the universe. Their bodies become malleable and flexible enough to fit a warframe of any body type. The Warframes are variations of valves and switched than channels concentrated void energies in a specific matter and support the fleshy Tenno within it. 

Nooo.. tenno infested. trust me try pvping two people at once on conclave. then imagine the same as infested attacking u as tennos 1 blade storm whole squad is dead 1miasma toughest armor is dissolved 1 radial disarm we're meele only or valkyr things will get worse if infested spawn like ancients on dark sector tenno's are weak they dont use alot ability mostly def, its fun to say we can stand up against enemies same as us but loooseing after we reach lvl 100+ is tough.

Dark Sector Warframes are not Warframe Warframes, so most of your points are moot.

Beg Pardon? It's fairly obvious that the technology is related, but the point is that people are using Dark Sector and Dark sector _only_ as the reason that Tenno are in some way infected. I'm illustrating why, even of you take Dark Sector as verbatim canon, there is no reason to assume technocyte infection in modern Tenno.

If you claim "Dark Sector Warframes and not Warframe Warframes" (And it is a claim that has no real meaning) you have even less reason to assume infection. So there is no need for me to address that position.

Edited by SilentMobius

Beg Pardon? It's fairly obvious that the technology is related, but the point is that people are using Dark Sector and Dark sector _only_ as the reason that Tenno are in some way infected. I'm illustrating why, even of you take Dark Sector as verbatim canon, there is no reason to assume technocyte infection in modern Tenno.

If you claim "Dark Sector Warframes and not Warframe Warframes" (And it is a claim that has no real meaning) you have even less reason to assume infection. So there is no need for me to address that position.

No, what is obvious is that DE used art assets of their older game. The reason why they are obviously not the same is that Dark Sector takes place on modern-day Earth - there is no mention of the Orokin or anything remotely related to Warframe. If we are to assume that Dark Sector happened in the Warframe canon/timeline, it happened too long ago to have had any impact whatsoever.

Also, I am obviously not basing my claim of the Tenno being Infested by using Dark Sector lore:

a. Both the Tenno and Infested are creations of the Orokin.

b. They were created within a short time period of each-other.

c. They were created for the same purpose; to defeat the Sentients.

d. The Tenno were "afflicted" by something contained within the Void.

I see no reason why the Infested has to be the Technocyte virus from the Dark Sector game, either. They could've both been exposed to the same "affliction" within the Void; the Infested could simply by the result of "failed" experiments to give the subject super powers á la the Tenno which the Orokin let loose upon the Sentients out of desperation.

Edited by Brimir

No, what is obvious is that DE used art assets of their older game. The reason why they are obviously not the same is that Dark Sector takes place on modern-day Earth - there is no mention of the Orokin or anything remotely related to Warframe. If we are to assume that Dark Sector happened in the Warframe canon/timeline, it happened too long ago to have had any impact whatsoever.

Also, I am obviously not basing my claim of the Tenno being Infested by using Dark Sector lore:

a. Both the Tenno and Infested are creations of the Orokin.

b. They were created within a short time period of each-other.

c. They were created for the same purpose; to defeat the Sentients.

d. The Tenno were "afflicted" by something contained within the Void.

I see no reason why the Infested has to be the Technocyte virus from the Dark Sector game, either. They could've both been exposed to the same "affliction" within the Void; the Infested could simply by the result of "failed" experiments to give the subject super powers á la the Tenno which the Orokin let loose upon the Sentients out of desperation.

It's highly unlikely that we have two techno-organic diseases in this game. The technocyte virus exists, It appears in the flavour text for resources you gain from the infestation or infested tilesets. Hence the Infestation is a form of the technocyte virus. that is the only sane conclusion for that part. Regardless of connection to Dark Sector

Given there is _zero_ indication that void-energy is in any way connected to the technocyte virus. I just can't take your conclusion seriously. It's about as supported as the Tenno being made or Rubedo, or Oxium because they were also mineral discovered/refined by the Orokin.

Not to mention the crappy writing inherent in "double-monstering" the Tenno with void taint _and_ our resident blobby monster virus.

Finally, as was pointed out to me in another thread, the only indication of Orokin-made nature and time-of-construction in regards to the Infestation is Lephantis, that one entity not the Infestation as a whole.

No, what is obvious is that DE used art assets of their older game

If you're referring to the proto-armor skin that's not all it was at all. I'm not one to claim that DS is 100% canon (I'm sure much of it will be retconed or thrown away) however what _has_ been confirmed is that that suit exists, and Hayden Tenno existed in some form. This is not a meta-easter-egg it's an in-world item. As DE Rebecca said at the time that there would be more reveals on the connection between Warframe and Dark Sector.

Edited by SilentMobius

Actually, the "Warframe" in Dark Sector isn't really a Warframe. It doesn't give you any special abilities, it just absorbs more bullets and makes you stronger, but it isn't explained if that's because of Hayden's infection. Nemesis had these same characteristics, but was obviously because of her infection as well.

Actually, the "Warframe" in Dark Sector isn't really a Warframe. It doesn't give you any special abilities, it just absorbs more bullets and makes you stronger, but it isn't explained if that's because of Hayden's infection. Nemesis had these same characteristics, but was obviously because of her infection as well.

If what Ember Prime's Codex alludes to is still to be believed, Warframes alone aren't enough to empower a Tenno. Again, the little girl who suffered void exposure burns that Woman's face. The young girl was probably Ember Prime. The first Ember.

The suits enhance our strength, our speed, our stamina. Yes. But the suits seem functionally more like a tailor-made focus. A special lens a Tenno focuses their power through to shape/cause specific phenomena. By itself the suit is nothing. With the right person inside to supply the actual power it becomes the weapon we know.

The one explanation I'm lacking would be Stalker, who is not a Tenno and we currently don't know if he was also Void-Exposed. Possibilities for his powers range from him having some sort of suit power source fueling his copycat abilities OR the Lower Guardians being a different faction of Tenno within the Orokin Government Pre-Fall.

SuperMrSkully, on 06 Oct 2014 - 9:52 PM, said:

Sure it's not a "Warframe" but it is a technocyte-based stand-alone suit, you can see the straps just like Haydens if you look. Also the Helmet comes completely off, not something that would happen if it were Nadia's skin.

http://i.imgur.com/H8jKE3o.png

Edited by SilentMobius

SuperMrSkully, on 06 Oct 2014 - 9:52 PM, said:

Sure it's not a "Warframe" but it is a technocyte-based stand-alone suit, you can see the straps just like Haydens if you look. Also the Helmet comes completely off, not something that would happen if it were Nadia's skin.

that's very similar to prototype!!!!

no matter what, I think infested (invested?) stalker would be funny.

Yeah, but it isn't doing anything for him except protection and maybe extra strength, but we don't know if that's because of the infection. Yes, it's technocyte-based, but doesn't have any powers, because the virus hadn't mutated to the point of giving non-organic objects supernatural powers, but still had metallic and bionic characteristics.