Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs, Stop Favouritism Of Frames.

ArgonTheFox

So, Loki got another helmet, immediately after a Prime Access, where he got a obscenely massive buff, while my Zephyr's movement is still bugged. Explain yourselves.

Seriously. Sometimes, my Zephyr can only move in straight lines when airborne, making her boarderline unplayable when this bug occurs, yet Loki and Rhino get showered with the dev's favouritism. Zephyr has been bugged for absolutely months, and months, and months, while Loki is getting mollycoddled like hes the only frame that exists.

and apparently DE is already aware of this bug with Zephyr, yet instead of fixing it, they spend the resources and time producing a 3rd helmet for a Frame that doesn't need any more helmets. Sure, Nova needed a new helmet, because she only had 1, but now its obvious to see Loki is DE's favourite.

and even when it comes to other Primes. Loki Prime's buff was HUGE. 2 Polarity slots, and a ton of power capacity, while Nyx got...well...50 armour...

Fix long standing bugs before making content that doesn't need to exist, please. and just for pettiness' sake, the new helmet is identical to the Essence helmet in every way possible, it doesn't need to exist. Fix Zephyr, please.

EDIT: I love how everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of "Art team can't fix your bug." Get a sodding grip, people. Obviously this overpowered Prime variant has nothing to do with the programming team. Nooo~. Or the fact when Invisibility was bugged, it got fixed the same week, thats obviously nothing to do with it at all. and even outside of Loki, Rhino get bug fixed the same day whenever a bug with Iron Skin gets reported.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

Err I don't understand I don't see any problems with my Zephyr it works fine and playable.

Occasionally, her movement will bug and she'll become static when mid-air, stopping her from being able to move around when airborne. It doesn't happen every single game, but I haven't unequipped her for about 2 months, and its pretty obvious when you play her regularly when you suddenly turn into a block of wood in mid-air.

Translation: I have encountered a bug with Zephyr's movement and wish to report it.

With due respect, report the bug. The more reports they get, the more likely it is the problem will be analysed and resolved. Loki has nothing to do with it.

___

Seriously? Do you know how many times that bug has been reported. If I report it any more, ill probably get banned from the forums for spamming.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

They arent favouring any frames and Nova has just as many helmets as Loki has. Also i can understand that its annoying that DE does not fix a bug on a frame but there are different sections in the firm and i highly doubt art and animation has anything to do with bugfixing your error.

Occasionally, her movement will bug and she'll become static when mid-air, stopping her from being able to move around when airborne. It doesn't happen every single game, but I haven't unequipped her for about 2 months, and its pretty obvious when you play her regularly when you suddenly turn into a block of wood in mid-air.

Are you absolutely sure it could not be simple lag? Were you playing on solo/online etc. More info would be nice as opposed to blind rage.

I agree Zephyr needs work. As well as the weird flight thing you mentioned, Divebomb is still buggy as hell.

However, accusing the developers of favouring one frame over another is a little over-the-top. As for Nyx Prime, I'm pretty sure she's been given an extra two polarity slots.

Are you absolutely sure it could not be simple lag? Were you playing on solo/online etc. More info would be nice as opposed to blind rage.

In all honesty, this is a rage thread. :I and im pretty sure its not lag, it occurs when im in solo and online.

I agree Zephyr needs work. As well as the weird flight thing you mentioned, Divebomb is still buggy as hell.

However, accusing the developers of favouring one frame over another is a little over-the-top. As for Nyx Prime, I'm pretty sure she's been given an extra two polarity slots.

Its not over the top. Loki, and to a lesser degree, Rhino, get absolutely showered with content and updates, regular bug fixing and other things, while most other frames get left in the dust. and Nyx Prime only got 1 extra polarity. and her +50 armour doesn't really compare to Loki's oversized power pool.

The artists dont fix bugs like this, it is the programming crew.

This.

It's like expecting a politician to fix your television. He can't because he doesn't know anything about it.

Seriously? Do you know how many times that bug has been reported. If I report it any more, ill probably get banned from the forums for spamming.

I have never encountered such bug and I haven't seen any reports on forum.

Edited by Kialandi

This.

It's like expecting a politician to fix your television. He can't because he doesn't know anything about it.

a politician can indirectly fix my television, by paying the repairman more money, or by giving them a kick up the backside, encouraging them to fix it. and I love how you're nitpicking the singular point about the helmet. What about the thousands of bug fixes Loki gets, and the distinctly overpowered Prime version when compared to other frames?

and I like to re-report the bug once a millennium, so the commods don't spear me. I stopped reporting it after somebody told me the devs are already aware of it.

This.

This,and I have been using zephyr everyday since Loki prime got out,and have never seen this bug

I don't see what a bug with zephyr (I've also not encountered this problem) has to do with a few helmets for some frames. 

I'm pretty sure all frames with get more alternate helmets in the future.

The art and design team has nothing to do with your issue.

DE can only work on so many things at one time and bug fixing isn't simple by any means.

First they have to know about it, then they have to be able to reliably replicate it to determine the cause, then they have to find a way to fix with without creating more bugs in the process or breaking other things. Seeing as not everyone is having your problem it must mean its not an easy bug to replicate and therefore not easy to fix.

Bug fixes for other frames etc has no relevance here. Perhaps there have been more fixes for loki etc because maybe zephyr has less issues perhaps? Would that not be a good thing?

Make a bug report and  just be patient.

Frame "favortism" has nothing to do with it, as it doesn't exist.

And I would hardly say Rhino and loki have been "showered" with content and fixes.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I don't see what a bug with zephyr (I've also not encountered this problem) has to do with a few helmets for some frames. 

I'm pretty sure all frames with get more alternate helmets in the future.

The art and design team has nothing to do with your issue.

DE can only work on so many things at one time and bug fixing isn't simple by any means.

First they have to know about it, then they have to be able to reliably replicate it to determine the cause, then they have to find a way to fix with without creating more bugs in the process or breaking other things. Seeing as not everyone is having your problem it must mean its not an easy bug to replicate and therefore not easy to fix.

Bug fixes for other frames etc has no relevance here. Perhaps there have been more fixes for loki etc because maybe zephyr has less issues perhaps? Would that not be a good thing?

Make a bug report and  just be patient.

Frame "favortism" has nothing to do with it, as it doesn't exist.

And I would hardly say Rhino and loki have been "showered" with content and fixes.

You haven't even read this thread. Read it, then rephrase that post.

I am aware a art team cannot fix a bug, yet Loki got his Invisibility bug fixed almost immediately when the timer wasn't working properly.

and as I stated above, im aware DE are aware of it, which is why I stopped bug reporting it (Ive reported at least once a month for the past 3 months), when I was informed that they're aware, but I suppose you didn't know that either due to the fact you can't be bothered to read through threads before repeating the conversation that just went on.

I understand your concern but your barking up the wrong tree try UI or animation they normally deal with those issues and also in terms of designs animation priming and everything else theyhnlde that in the order of importance so just give them time your zephyr will be fixed in due time

Again, read thread please.

A dev is not 1 person or group of clones that can all do the exact same thing, it is many groups of different people with different skill sets. The guys that do art and animation know next to nothing about coding and vice versa. 

You also seem to know nothing about fixing bugs, it is not a simple process of "look a bug I will just fix that" it can take months of work to fix a simple bug. Not all bugs are equal and there can be huge differences between finding one and fixing it. 

Edited by Einde
Cleaning.

a politician can indirectly fix my television, by paying the repairman more money, or by giving them a kick up the backside, encouraging them to fix it. and I love how you're nitpicking the singular point about the helmet. What about the thousands of bug fixes Loki gets, and the distinctly overpowered Prime version when compared to other frames?

and I like to re-report the bug once a millennium, so the commods don't spear me. I stopped reporting it after somebody told me the devs are already aware of it.

Now you are being ridiculous.

You are saying that desing crew should go to programmers and encourage them to fix bugs? What? 

Thousands of bug fixes for Loki? Where did you get that? Last bug with Loki that i remember is ... well i don't remember any.

Overpowered Prime version? With 25 extra base energy he's overpowered? Loki doesn't even need so much energy - he got useless buff.

Every Prime gets extra polarity so you can't complaint about that.

Rhino Prime is faster. Excalibur Prime has faster shield recharge.  Frost Prime and Mag Prime got nothing.

Nyx Prime got atleast that armor  - i know it's not much but it's something.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, those frames get fixes faster than zephyr because more people are using loki and rhino than zephyr, leading to more reports of their bugs?

Ya. I thought about that for a second, but then I thought "...Nah...DE aren't that shallow."

Im starting to think I was wrong.

EDIT: I love how everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of "Art team can't fix your bug." Get a sodding grip, people. Obviously this overpowered Prime variant has nothing to do with the programming team. Nooo~. Or the fact when Invisibility was bugged, it got fixed the same week, thats obviously nothing to do with it at all. and even outside of Loki, Rhino get bug fixed the same day whenever a bug with Iron Skin gets reported.

Art team can't fix your bug.

Obviously overpowered Prime. - HOW is Loki Prime overpowered? He got buff that he didn't need at all. Same goes for Nyx Prime.

Invisibility was bugged. - It got fixed the same week. WHY? Because it's easier to fix new bugs. It easier to find their source.

Rhino Iron Skin gets bugged. - Same as Invisibility bug.

Do you understand that Zephyr's bug can be more complex? They probably don't know where is the problem.

Example:

Your car's motor is making strange sound. - There is a loose screw. Recently you were messing with carburetor. There are ten screws in the carburetor. It takes you 15 min to check them all. = Rhino/Loki

Your car's motor is making strange sound. - There is a loose screw. But where? There are hundreds of screws. Which one is loose? It takes you hours to check them all. = Zephyr

Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?

Edited by Kialandi

Do DE Megan and DE Rebecca count as Devs who favor Loki and Rhino? It does not appear that way in the Prime Time and Dev Streams to me.

Excalibur looks more like an exclusive Favorite.

Trinity perhaps -design wise gets little love....still no immortal skin.

I guess I could see Rhino getting extra design love, but Rhino does have a higher MR to use than most frames almost as if he is a premier Warframe and Prime and Arcane Vanguard helm pretty much dismissed his flaw of being slow.

Zephyr, I'm sure will be receiving some tweaks to further differentiate the upcoming Air Melee directional attacks and tailwind, so maybe they will fix glitch you are mentioning about getting stuck in a single direction when airborne. (I do doubt it as I still get stuck in objects performing Stealh/Finisher animations...On solo this equates to an abort or Quit game, inevitably. I would much rather only get wonky air movement than stuck in an object or falling through map.)

You haven't even read this thread. Read it, then rephrase that post.

I am aware a art team cannot fix a bug, yet Loki got his Invisibility bug fixed almost immediately when the timer wasn't working properly.

and as I stated above, im aware DE are aware of it, which is why I stopped bug reporting it (Ive reported at least once a month for the past 3 months), when I was informed that they're aware, but I suppose you didn't know that either due to the fact you can't be bothered to read through threads before repeating the conversation that just went on.

Again, read thread please.

Oh I read your OP. Its just thats all there is too it.

Your getting ansty over something that doesn't exist.

Obviously loki's timer bug was easier to fix. Do you know how many times banshees sonar has been broken? A lot. And sometimes its taken a long time to fix as well. In fact, its broken again right now. Weak spots aren't showing up which means no massive dmg multiplier for me and the squad, which is a pretty big problem. Don't see me complaining on the forums about favoritism.

I can only respond to what you info you give me. And for all intents and purposes, its appeared you expected a bug to be fixed by the art team. Otherwise why bring up things that have nothing to do with your problem, like helmets?

Point being, bug fixing is very hit and miss. Sometimes is simple and very straight forward. Sometimes its almost impossible to fix without either breaking something else or making it worse. Chances are that DE hasn't even been able to replicate you bug (which is needed to fix it) and as such cannot fix the problem. Seeing as this doesn't seem like a common problem because a whole lot of people don't seem to be having it, its obviously much harder to reproduce.

All you can really do is wait for a fix. Getting antsy at us or DE wont speed up the process.

Edited by StinkyPygmy