Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profile Stats: Incorrect Variable Type For Display

Rydian

The "Gross Income" line of the stats display is, for clans at least, using the wrong variable type.

income_bug.png

Once the credit count passes over 2,147,483,648 (2^31) it starts displaying negative (as the sign bit gets flipped) and then it caps out at the large negative number as seen above.

So right now it's using a signed 32-bit integer (DWORD) when it should be using an unsigned 64-bit integer (QWORD) for the highest possible maximum display.

Sooo.... How many members did your clan have??

Any time I look it's around 800-1000.  Every so often inactive players (like 1month+ gone) are cleared out to take newer ones in.  It's a clan for clantech leechers for the most part, so there's been a lot of shuffling around.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe_fixed.png

As of U15 and the redesigned profile screen, the credit count for the Lone Rangers clan seems to be displaying correctly again, it's no longer a signed DWORD.

However we'll see if the value rolls over once we hit the 32-bit cap in about 428,679,680 more credits. :P

• 2 weeks later...

32-bit cap hit and surpassed... and it seems that it is still a DWORD instead of a QWORD, as it has rolled around and the display now displays how high above the cap we've gotten (the positive difference) instead of the total amount.

clan_display_issue.png

"Before" is the image in the above post, when we passed 2^31 but were still under 2^32.

"After" image I just took right now, after the clan total surpassed 2^32.

So the "After" text should be 4,325,506,747, that seems to be the actual total from my calculations, but in the second screenshot it's incorrect still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

15.8.1 now, and we've wrapped around from

back to

again.

And I assume that when we hit

We'll wrap around yet again.

Really looks like a 64-bit integer for displaying clan total income is needed.

• 3 weeks later...