Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inspiration For New Corpus Proxies

Institute-Marksman

jellyfish-autonomous-robot_forcetoknow.c

I present to you: the ZOA (latin attachment for the jellyfish animal class)

A large Corpus proxy that can be found searching debri fields for useful items. A Tenno is as large as a tentacle.

Mining ZOA utilize a Quanta-like system that can is used for mining, but may also be used on Tenno.
A Mining ZOA also carries 10 Corpus Barrels on its sides, stuffing those with materials as Salvage and other components.

When a Tenno Cryopod is detected, ZOA is deployed to extract the pod.

1OJPcyb.jpg

This robotic dragonfly is the Corpus' offensive drone. They are called 'Aesh'. It gives Crewmen an eye-in-the-sky, as it is capable of raising the alarms as well as relaying your presence. Multiple nearby Dragonfly's may swarm the Tenno and stagger them as well as disrupt their HUDs. They are approximately the size of Rollers. They contribute to the Spy gametype, as they tend to carry Data Cubes.

Cube_3D_LED.jpg
This isnt a Proxy, but the upgraded Data Modules. The cube's inner color changes the more data is stored in it. They are carried by Tenno like Void keys in the Gate Crash Event.

I will be posting more.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I think the sort of bird-proxy design they've currently got with Moas and Ospreys (or perhaps expand on the role of canine-prototype proxies like Jackal and Hyena) might be better to work with, instead of trying to create a new design. But that's just me.

I'm waiting for a melee-oriented bird proxy (Moa-like but not quite) called the Cassowary.

Edited by Morec0

I'd love to see a monkey proxy that deploys a heavy cannon from the celiing :D

Or maybe a tiger proxy with energy shields covelring its front and a tail mounted penta :D

I'm waiting for a melee-oriented bird proxy (Moa-like but not quite) called the Cassowary.

Wp7HyOu.jpg

Edited by Somedude1000

I'd love to see a monkey proxy that deploys a heavy cannon from the celiing :D

Or maybe a tiger proxy with energy shields covelring its front and a tail mounted penta :D

Wp7HyOu.jpg

Exactly. Look at that potential blade on its head - those claws on its feet. Tell me that thing wouldn't be murderous!

I think the sort of bird-proxy design they've currently got with Moas and Ospreys (or perhaps expand on the role of canine-prototype proxies like Jackal and Hyena) might be better to work with, instead of trying to create a new design. But that's just me.

The thing is, bird and canine-inspired proxies have already been done. I want something new, instead of reusing something old. Moa's have been done, canine too (Zanuka, Zanuka Hunter and Hyena Pack and the Jackal (Not to forget that there is a chance that the canine proxies may become a new companion) Not sure what Ospreys are based on, but they've been used many times.

How about a swarm of robotic dragonfly proxies that distract the Tenno and create a sonic disruption field?

They'd have to be pretty large if we want to shoot them though.

Maybe Ravens that do the same thing? They travel in packs of twos and circle above the Tenno, creating sonic disruptions as they follow the tenno around and screechs waves f sounds knocking back tenno

They'd have to be pretty large if we want to shoot them though.

Maybe Ravens that do the same thing? They travel in packs of twos and circle above the Tenno, creating sonic disruptions as they follow the tenno around and screechs waves f sounds knocking back tenno

Its a nice idea, but try to get a fluent flying movement in Warframe. :/ Yea. Even regular Corpus often glitch into the wall. At least a Dragonfly can hover in mid-air.

Thinking of something to do with these things:

tmp.jpg

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Its a nice idea, but try to get a fluent flying movement in Warframe. :/ Yea. Even regular Corpus often glitch into the wall. At least a Dragonfly can hover in mid-air.

It better be huge then >:3 Perhaps your dragonfly iis better, coz at least they can use the same physics as ospryes to float ey

The thing is, bird and canine-inspired proxies have already been done. I want something new, instead of reusing something old. Moa's have been done, canine too (Zanuka, Zanuka Hunter and Hyena Pack and the Jackal (Not to forget that there is a chance that the canine proxies may become a new companion) Not sure what Ospreys are based on, but they've been used many times.

The ospreys come from ospreys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey

Hit Moa with Radial Disarm :)

And we all see how powerful they are when we do: not very.