Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Thinks T4 Is Overrated?

SIDESTRE4M

Like the title says.

T4 gives us harder to kill enemies because they turn into bulletsponges...

However, I think the maps are easier to handle/parkour. The units are not as diverse and easier to handle than what you find on mercury.

In my opinion, Grineer are harder to fight, because they have so many units that have a variety of skills and functions.

You try to escape under heavy fire, while rollers pursude you, shield lancers close in and you are unders heavy fire from Heavy gunners with huge sustained hitscan-dps (ok, they are in void, too), Napalms creating hurting AOEs and Bombard's rockets which force you to always move.

In Void... the only thing you have to watch out for are grenades... Other than that you can hide behind a Volt-shield and gun down everything you see and whats closing in.

EDIT: To make my viewpoint clear about Knockdowns: Knockdowns are only the result, the punishment. The variety is what units do, what cause a knockdown and that's indeed very different.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

You meant he void not specifically T4, but yes it is overrated but the fact that most people play it so rarely makes it seem so much better compared to the other factions that you fight so often.

The corrupted themselves are in need of an update, they have been place holders for a very long time. 

In my opinion, Grineer are harder to fight, because they have so many units that have a variety of skills and functions.

No. Just lots of units that either spam knock down or stagger. I don't consider two functions variety. 

People talk about T4 because T4 is where all the cores, credirs and XP are . No reason to spam 2 hour Grineer Surv.

Edited by LegitBeastin

No. Just lots of units that either spam knock down or stagger. I don't consider two functions variety. 

People talk about T4 because T4 is where all the cores, credirs and XP are . No reason to spam 2 hour Grineer Surv.

What else should they do to ruin your day?

Flame Eximus who knocks you down from across the atrium? Toxin Eximus who damages your health directly from other side of the wall? =_=

Grineer have eximus units too. Maybe not toxics, but that would go overboard.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

You seem to still be misinterpreting why people care about T4 difficulty; it is not because they perceive as being more difficult. It is because there is constant reason to do T4 missions whether it be fast credits, forma, or new prime parts; your ability to do T4 does matter unlike the Grineer where there is no reason to do anything other than Draco Ceres. 

Also I don't think anyone has ever claimed Void units are harder than Grineer units. 

You seem to still be misinterpreting why people care about T4 difficulty; it is not because they perceive as being more difficult. It is because there is constant reason to do T4 missions whether it be fast credits, forma, or new prime parts; your ability to do T4 does matter unlike the Grineer where there is no reason to do anything other than Draco Ceres. 

Also I don't think anyone has ever claimed Void units are harder than Grineer units. 

I can assure you I don't need a multstar OP-gun to just take on normal T4 missions aside the endless ones.

Aside from that, I don't understand your line: ... care about difficulty, not because they find if more difficult.

If there are nerf or balancing threads, there are always people claiming power for the sake of T4. And I don't think two times 40min survival is worth less than one time 60 minutes.

I think your title is a bit misleading, as you are really speaking about Void enemies' difficulty vs Grineer enemies' difficulty at the same level, and not so much about the tier of the void mission itself. Nonetheless I do agree with you, Grineer are harder to fight.

flames gets you much???lol t4 what a joke.. just the napalmers on Saturn or any other grineer planet survival past the 30 mins mark will chew up that measly speed build, ironskin, invis, r.disarm in no time... gosh I got so many screenies of the non believers in my steam library.

everytime one of those frames goes down i'll screenie...

Like the title says.

T4 gives us harder to kill enemies because they turn into bulletsponges...

However, I think the maps are easier to handle/parkour. The units are not as diverse and easier to handle than what you find on mercury.

You try to escape under heavy fire, while rollers pursude you, shield lancers close in and you are unders heavy fire from Heavy gunners with huge sustained hitscan-dps (ok, they are in void, too), Napalms creating hurting AOEs and Bombard's rockets which force you to always move.

In Void... the only thing you have to watch out for are grenades... Other than that you can hide behind a Volt-shield and gun down everything you see and whats closing in.

EDIT: To make my viewpoint clear about Knockdowns: Knockdowns are only the result, the punishment. The variety is what units do, what cause a knockdown and that's indeed very different.

Difference between t3 and t4 is base damage of enemies, which further translates to much faster damage scaling, their hp wasnt touched, scaling algorithms also seem to be unchanged, even initial lvls doesnt vary.

This was done due to "positive feedback" from suspicious shipments.

This is not revolutionary, its not more challenging, its just cheap.

flames gets you much???lol t4 what a joke.. just the napalmers on Saturn or any other grineer planet survival past the 30 mins mark will chew up that measly speed build, ironskin, invis, r.disarm in no time... gosh I got so many screenies of the non believers in my steam library.

everytime one of those frames goes down i'll screenie...

Do you have one with a Rhino on his backside with is legs hanging in midair like he's in a trash can?

I think your title is a bit misleading, as you are really speaking about Void enemies' difficulty vs Grineer enemies' difficulty at the same level, and not so much about the tier of the void mission itself. Nonetheless I do agree with you, Grineer are harder to fight.

Thought a bit and I think you are right. The title does not clearly indicate the reference.

Regarding rewards, T4 is still high for credits and stuff. However the prime parts are just random and scattered over various void tiers.

Indeed I created this topic because everyone seems to be talking of T4 when considering phrases like endgame or references to weapon balancing.

I could as well just say Void faction is easier to fight than grineer, because the maps are more streamlined and enemies are easier fo handle.

If they introduced corrupted bombards and napalms... that would be quite nasty. Especially on defense maps. Add those aoe moas from the new corpus tilesets and you can literally say void has entered hardmode.

I would rather have this for t4 than just more damage which gets irrelevant at some point as you have to completely avoid beeing hit entirely then.