The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra Prime

Oculus

Has anyone felt that the Dakra Prime's blade seem too short? As if it's like a machete? I love the Dakra P and when I'm using it I feel like it's one of the best weapons in game. However sometimes when I'm stagnant and I just look at it, I feel that the blade of the Dakra P being too short and it feels like I'm using a Machete and I do not like the Machetes lol. I have asked several friends and people from my clan about whether they think the Dakra P is too short and all of them agreed that it seems too short for a sword. It doesn't affect our gameplay with it but everyone I've asked said that if the Dakra P at the very least seems longer, they WANT it to be longer then. Some specified it will be even better if the range itself did receive a buff.

So I wish to hold a petition to make the Dakra P's blade to be made to look longer than it currently is right now. Make it look like a longsword instead of a machete.

Well it is a cutlass and those aren't really that long.

If you are not happy with the reach of the weapon then use the reach mod, should fix the problem.

Haha, I think op means that the weapons mesh (is mesh the right word here?) is too short.

Edit: Might be model instead of mesh...

Edited by Vorsches

Well it is a cutlass and those aren't really that long. 

If you are not happy with the reach of the weapon then use the reach mod, should fix the problem. 

I'm fine with the mechanics of the range. It sure would be nice if the reach does receive a buff but that isn't my main concern. It's just that the length of the blade itself in-game looks way too short and too much of an eyesore. And like I said I love the Dakra P and I sure would wanna see it look like a longsword rather than a shortsword. Furthermore the tip of the blade looks blunt as well. And if it IS a cutlass I think it should register under the Machete category rather than the longsword category as I owned a Nami Solo and that really really resembled a cutlass more so than the Dakra P.

if you want to make dakra p longer then at least every long sword should receive the same treatment.

and honestly it doesnt need this change. it's fine as it is.

It's fine if every longsword receive the same treatment however most of them look fine because of the handle. For Dakra P the handle was made to look bigger and that caused the blade to look way shorter. That's why I'm trying to hold this petition to make the blade look longer. Doesn't mean if the handle looks bigger, the blade must look shorter.

It just looks like that because the hand guard is relatively large so the blade seems shorter.

Melee 1.0 stuff. All melee weapons hit multiple enemies now.

Exactly. BECAUSE the handle was made to look larger. Thats why the blade also looks shorter. The handle looks awesome the way it is but lets face it, making the blade shorter because of that?

It's fine if every longsword receive the same treatment however most of them look fine because of the handle. For Dakra P the handle was made to look bigger and that caused the blade to look way shorter. That's why I'm trying to hold this petition to make the blade look longer. Doesn't mean if the handle looks bigger, the blade must look shorter.

the problem is increasing the model means longer range. dakra prime does not need a range buff. it's already too good.

if u r proposing a purely aesthetic change, u should try art & animation subforum, not here

Edited by Eric1738

It reminds me more of a falchion than anything, but it certainly isn't comparable to a longsword or saber.

Considering the compound hilt, I'd like to see the bladeform reprofiled to resemble a Scottish backsword. But that's just me.

To be honest even a falchion does seem to still be longer. And don't say "it's just me" because I also felt that it was just me when I think the blade of thDakra P looks short. Then I started asking people in my clan and it seems that I'm not alone and it isn't "just me". When my friend built his Dakra P, he also said how much he loves it and he agrees with me that the blade does look too short.

the problem is increasing the model means longer range. dakra prime does not need a range buff. it's already too good.

if u r proposing a purely aesthetic change, u should try art & animation subforum, not here

Mate, let's face it even if they do increase the model of the blade to look longer and increase the range to match it, exactly how much more range is it gonna increase by? The increase won't even be noticeable. I'm not holding a petition to make it look super duper long. I'm just saying, make it look longer so that it fits more the description of a longsword rather than like a machete(which is what i think it looks like).

In my opinion it's really a bit short.. :/

Then do vote my post up. :)

Mate, let's face it even if they do increase the model of the blade to look longer and increase the range to match it, exactly how much more range is it gonna increase by? The increase won't even be noticeable. I'm not holding a petition to make it look super duper long. I'm just saying, make it look longer so that it fits more the description of a longsword rather than like a machete(which is what i think it looks like).

Then do vote my post up. :)

like i said dakra prime does not deserve any more buff. i have no problem with its length, but i'm also fine if u want a purely aesthetic change. in the end, wrong forum.

Edited by Eric1738

It just looks like that because the hand guard is relatively large so the blade seems shorter.

Melee 1.0 stuff. All melee weapons hit multiple enemies now.

All melee weapons do not hit multiple enemies - Kogake/Obex quick fire is single enemy only. (Most of Grim Fury stance combos are also single target.) (I wish all melee weapons hit AoE...including Finishers/Wall Attacks/Jump attacks....)

No. Just put Crimsion Dervish on it and get in their face. Nothing survives.

It's looks most like a backsword: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backsword

But, obviously, it has that dumb widening which throws it off.

But the widening of blade (the 'belly') isn't acute enough and there just aren't enough examples of falchions/messers/whatever that feature a full knuckle-guard to call it falchion/messer/whatever.

It's both, I guess. Looks good on Loki, all that matters.

Either way, both of these sword types were pretty short, rarely exceeding ~30-32in. We're pretty lucky that ours is so long.

But really, I just don't think DE knows that much about swords, which is fine/expected.

Edited by Go4tfi5h

I don't see the issue. Swords aren't that long unless they are specifically a 'longsword'.

Yep, swords aren't that long. It's just so that the Dakra P's blade part looks shorter as compared to other swords.

Kinda depends on the sword. Oakeshott Type XVII swords could be quite long, some with blades around 40".

I don't really have a problem with the DakraP, but it is a bit stumpy and does remind one of a cutlass or falchion, but it's classed as a longsword. It IS an Orokin weapon. Sleek should be the order of the Orokin day. I'd prefer something more saberish, like the French An XI Cuirassier cavalry saber.