Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Want End-Game To Be?

Aciaj613

Most of us want end-game to come, we all talk about it, we all shout "WE WANT ENDGAME!" but have you actually thought about for what you want in end-game?

If you think about it, most end-game game-play consists of over-leveling equipment and getting more powerful gear to the point where you dominate just about everything. There has something I have yet to see though.

Consider the following: You have all of your equipment, you pretty much destroy and obliterate just about everything in your path..... but now what? You could PvP... but that would probably get old after about a month. Alright so then you decide to take a break from PvP and you think....what about running that super-hard mission again? Well you generally one shot everything inside that mission now.

There is something I wish to see about end-game that I don't see often. I wish for there to be a faction that is near un-killable... even with of your best of equipment. A faction that scares The Tenno and Lotus themselves. Something that would pretty much scare the bejeebus outta ya when you see it.

Of course this is something I enjoy for I love the odds being stacked against me. Though I am pretty sure a lot of us have some general ideas of how end-game should roll.

Now then fellow community/players/Tenno/whateveryouare. What is your idea of end-game?

I would like it to be procedurally-generated and challenging, a place were I can take my best gear and still have to think about what I do, what routes I take, how I approach the enemies. And I want there to be a lot of exploration available, hard parkour challenges to get to loot caches or hidden mini bosses. 

The better question is, why don't people want end game content? End game content isn't the end of Warframe...

Most of us want end-game to come, we all talk about it, we all shout "WE WANT ENDGAME!" but have you actually thought about for what you want in end-game?

If you think about it, most end-game game-play consists of over-leveling equipment and getting more powerful gear to the point where you dominate just about everything. There has something I have yet to see though.

End game is where you take your end game equipment and use it against enemies that can't be dominated...

There is something I wish to see about end-game that I don't see often. I wish for there to be a faction that is near un-killable... even with of your best of equipment. A faction that scares The Tenno and Lotus themselves. Something that would pretty much scare the bejeebus outta ya when you see it.

That is suppose to be the sentients.

People need a reason to log in besides Tenno Reinforcements. People need a reason to bring their 5+ forma frame and weapon. There is no real reason to co-op in the game except for the sake of doing it. 

I want incredibly hard bosses to be my end game.

One of which requires very high skill and team synergy to beat and gear strength won't matter.

That is nigh impossible in a looting game like Warframe.

OT: Boss fights like Vay Hek's (no beacon shenanigans obviously), but with environmental dangers and lots of minions instead of the ever-present Invincibility mechanics. Give the boss 45 million HP for all I care, but dont force Beta Testers who improved their weapons to the limit to see that many zeros when shooting a lvl 15 boss.

That is nigh impossible in a looting game like Warframe.

OT: Boss fights like Vay Hek's (no beacon shenanigans obviously), but with environmental dangers and lots of minions instead of the ever-present Invincibility mechanics. Give the boss 45 million HP for all I care, but dont force Beta Testers who improved their weapons to the limit to see that many zeros when shooting a lvl 15 boss.

Someone here obviously never played Borderlands..

Personally I view End-Game for games like this to be something that keeps the interest of players that have been around since launch of the game.   Quests, or Missions that give them a challenge even when using their best equipment.   

Unlike other games, or MMO's that view End-Game as dumping in weapons and gear that have stupidly high stats, and rediculious requirements to obtain these weapons and gear, and even more so just to equip them.   I don't view this style as End-Game.  just a stop gap for the game that is clearly running out of ideas.

For Warframe though.   I'm not seeing that weapon or gear dump being the way that End-Game will be approached.   Despite the forums threads and topics about this or that weapon being better.   I've found that people seem to have more fun using gear that they personally Like, and seems to fit with the theme of the Frame.   Take for example the Tiberon that was just released.  A burst fire version of the latron.   A gun that several say is OP and needed for running Void Missions,  especailly Defense and Survival past a certain point.     Yet..  Personally I feel that the gun might replace my Hek on my Rhino...  Which I don't always use in Void missions, just depends on how I feel that day.

But...  to Get back on Topic... or rather to Give Idea's....

End-Game for WarFrame....

This is rather an interesting Topic and one that can be hard to Address.    As stated on the Dev Stream on the 3rd.   Do we want to just make the Tower Higher, so only those people that have done everything can enjoy this content.  Or do we keep making the Tower, larger and more complex yet with the ability of those just starting being able to test themselves at this content..

I feel the best way to Address this Issue, would be to make missions more Complex, even random to keep people on there toes.   Much like how you can sometimes start a mission with me being a "Collect the Data" type,  and turn into an Extermination..     There should be more of this happening in missions..   Even having an Extermination Mission, getting repopulated.   With the Lotus saying something like " Look Out Tenno.  Grineer/Corpus Reinforcements have arrived"  and you have to fight through more enemies even to the point of back tracking.  Which could lead to a whole "While your here..  Blow up the power core for the Base/Ship"  before leaving.   With the enemies scaling up with each task that gets added.   Naturally Limiting the number of tasks that could be added to a mission.  Don't want to get stuck in one after all xD.   

But something like that could give people continued reason to play, they start a mission expecting one thing, only it changes shortly after starting.   Even could expand on the current factions to where they send elite hunters after you ( Not just the harvesters or G3)   But, ones that spawn if you end up playing only certain missions against a faction for a period of time.   Not just invasions, but just corpus defense. or Grineer Survival..  Maybe even Void missions.    Where a NeroCentry Sends out a Hunter Unit of its own to try to keep you from raiding the Orikin ships in the void.  Just a random extra challange in missions.   Fighting through Grineer and then this Corrupted Shows up, probably with friends to try to stop you from defling the Orikin ships..

Just some idea's that have been floating in my head.   (and no I don't know what loot they would drop.  Maybe they don't drop anything, or maybe Void keys for the corrupted elites..   the grineer and corpus..  dunno..  full feldon and detonate?.   just idea's..  :3

~

Tveoh

Edited by Tveoh

Someone here obviously never played Borderlands..

You are right there, I didnt. But from what I watched of that game being played, your character's specializations influence your weapon power, and I dont think I ever saw a BLs boss fight video where someone was using a "starter" weapon.

In Warframe a starter or non-optimal weapon stops killing minions before you finish the starchart.

You are right there, I didnt. But from what I watched of that game being played, your character's specializations influence your weapon power, and I dont think I ever saw a BLs boss fight video where someone was using a "starter" weapon.

In Warframe a starter or non-optimal weapon stops killing minions before you finish the starchart.

Pour enough forma into a Braton and it can be effective in tier 4.

Personally I view End-Game for games like this to be something that keeps the interest of players that have been around since launch of the game.   Quests, or Missions that give them a challenge even when using their best equipment.   

Unlike other games, or MMO's that view End-Game as dumping in weapons and gear that have stupidly high stats, and rediculious requirements to obtain these weapons and gear, and even more so just to equip them.   I don't view this style as End-Game.  just a stop gap for the game that is clearly running out of ideas.

For Warframe though.   I'm not seeing that weapon or gear dump being the way that End-Game will be approached.   Despite the forums threads and topics about this or that weapon being better.   I've found that people seem to have more fun using gear that they personally Like, and seems to fit with the theme of the Frame.   Take for example the Tiberon that was just released.  A burst fire version of the latron.   A gun that several say is OP and needed for running Void Missions,  especailly Defense and Survival past a certain point.     Yet..  Personally I feel that the gun might replace my Hek on my Rhino...  Which I don't always use in Void missions, just depends on how I feel that day.

But...  to Get back on Topic... or rather to Give Idea's....

End-Game for WarFrame....

This is rather an interesting Topic and one that can be hard to Address.    As stated on the Dev Stream on the 3rd.   Do we want to just make the Tower Higher, so only those people that have done everything can enjoy this content.  Or do we keep making the Tower, larger and more complex yet with the ability of those just starting being able to test themselves at this content..

I feel the best way to Address this Issue, would be to make missions more Complex, even random to keep people on there toes.   Much like how you can sometimes start a mission with me being a "Collect the Data" type,  and turn into an Extermination..     There should be more of this happening in missions..   Even having an Extermination Mission, getting repopulated.   With the Lotus saying something like " Look Out Tenno.  Grineer/Corpus Reinforcements have arrived"  and you have to fight through more enemies even to the point of back tracking.  Which could lead to a whole "While your here..  Blow up the power core for the Base/Ship"  before leaving.   With the enemies scaling up with each task that gets added.   Naturally Limiting the number of tasks that could be added to a mission.  Don't want to get stuck in one after all xD.   

But something like that could give people continued reason to play, they start a mission expecting one thing, only it changes shortly after starting.   Even could expand on the current factions to where they send elite hunters after you ( Not just the harvesters or G3)   But, ones that spawn if you end up playing only certain missions against a faction for a period of time.   Not just invasions, but just corpus defense. or Grineer Survival..  Maybe even Void missions.    Where a NeroCentry Sends out a Hunter Unit of its own to try to keep you from raiding the Orikin ships in the void.  Just a random extra challange in missions.   Fighting through Grineer and then this Corrupted Shows up, probably with friends to try to stop you from defling the Orikin ships..

Just some idea's that have been floating in my head.   (and no I don't know what loot they would drop.  Maybe they don't drop anything, or maybe Void keys for the corrupted elites..   the grineer and corpus..  dunno..  full feldon and detonate?.   just idea's..  :3

~

Tveoh

I would love to see randomly generated multi-objective missions that became harder as you completed objectives. Progressing in the way that recent events have. Do one to unlock another.

Take things for face value? Endgame for me is that I am done. If the game has nothing more to offer, then I move on.

Right, endgame is the exact opposite of that. Its entire purpose is to keep you from running out of things to do and to keep you entertained with extensive content. 

Endgame =/= end of the game, Endgame = what you do when you're all powered and geared up.

Take things for face value? Endgame for me is that I am done. If the game has nothing more to offer, then I move on.

You are refering to End of the game, here we are talking about Endgame. The endgame is something you do when you completed the ''regular'' content. It's something here to keep the players when they are at the max rank possible(It's always variable). 

Right now Warframe can be  resumed in 3 things:

Leveling 

Looting

Forging weapons. That's pretty much it.

Endgame would add a reason to do all of this. Eg: I did all of this leveling,looting and weapon building so i could finally do this.

Endgame isn't the end of the game or just a simple endboss like so many in this forum see it as. Endgame is a part of a game you are are putting all your effort towards to. Endgame is the part of the game you level your gear up for, you try to get the best mods for and the part you are trying to learn how to use your warframe and skills the best way for. Endgame should NOT be accessible by new or relativly new players because that would destroy the reason to level up your gear. Endgame should NOT be another grind for better gear or skills or such, but things like the upcoming focus system can be somewhat tied to it. Endgame should be why you want to get stronger but shouldn't make you stronger in return, atleast not that much.