Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Couple Questions About Vectis

Phoenix86

Question

I've got 2 questions about Vectis:

It has a 0.9 recharge time... why if i put a max'd Fast Hands (30% faster reload) it stays at 0.7 (which is the same as 15% reload) shouldnt it be 0.6 ??

How does Fire Speed affect Vectis? I guess it does nothing... or does it work like reload time on this weapon?

Thanks

17 answers to this question

You're assuming it's a straight 0.90, but there aren't enough digits to express the complete number. Same applies to the rounding of the result. 

Fire rate does slightly reduce the time it takes before the reload starts. Doesn't help immensely, but is noticeable when combined with reload speed.

Edited by direcyphre

Sigh. 0.9 is the reload TIME. Fast Hands effects the reload SPEED.

0.9 sec = 1.111 speed [1/0.9], ->Fast Hands-> 1.44444 [1.11*130%] speed = 0.7 [1/1.444] seconds

Fire Rate only increases the speed at which the reload starts. If you're manually reloading (which is faster) it does nothing.

Edited by Darzk

1)0.65 to be certain
2) ill say have no affect on vectis unless you got 2 bullete magazin to do so you need max "Warped magazine" and "Wildfire".

0.9 sec = 1.111 speed [1/0.9], ->Fast Hands-> 1.44444 [1.11*130%] speed = 0.7 [1/1.444] seconds

Fire Rate only increases the speed at which the reload starts. If you're manually reloading (which is faster) it does nothing.

Vectis got, after buff, 0.85 reload time.

1)0.65 to be certain

2) ill say have no affect on vectis unless you got 2 bullete magazin to do so you need max "Warped magazine" and "Wildfire".

Vectis got, after buff, 0.85 reload time.

Thanks everybody, especially these 2 answers :)

I was wondering if having that 30% faster reload speed would be better of 1 ele dmg/status mod... not really sure about it...

Basically i wanted to build it like this (last mod would be either Fast Hand or 3rd Element/Status mod)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Vectis/t_30_22220000_128-5-3-132-1-5-137-0-10-140-3-5-150-2-8-159-4-5-265-6-3-329-7-3_137-7-132-8-150-7-140-5-159-9-128-7-265-7-329-7/en/2-0-23

http://goo.gl/HQ22hT

(it gave me 2 links i posted both... should redirect to the same build.)

Also tried with either Charged Chamber, Hammer Shot or Critical Delay but it looks like a 3rd Element gives way slightly more power.

I know that Fast Hands doesnt add "real dmg" just more DPS but still... that 0.2-0.3 secs are helpful sometimes...

Any tips?

Edited by Phoenix86

I would use Charged Chamber in place of HCal and add more Corrosive instead of Fire/Proc. IMO: http://goo.gl/VewYas etc.

Especially if aiming for headshots with a critical build, HCal isn't a good idea, imo.

For lower level content, I ditch Vital Sense and Charged Chamber for Shred and Fast Hands, really increases effective rate of fire and gives line-aoe potential.

I would use Charged Chamber in place of HCal and add more Corrosive instead of Fire/Proc. IMO: http://goo.gl/VewYas etc.

Especially if aiming for headshots with a critical build, HCal isn't a good idea, imo.

For lower level content, I ditch Vital Sense and Charged Chamber for Shred and Fast Hands, really increases effective rate of fire and gives line-aoe potential.

afaik HCal doesn hurt Vectis so much...

i'm on my way to complete the 2nd forma, will try it out and see how it goes...

For lower lvl i usually go melee/secondary, i reserve the Vectis for when things are "quite" or are becoming "hard"

afaik HCal doesn hurt Vectis so much...

i'm on my way to complete the 2nd forma, will try it out and see how it goes...

For lower lvl i usually go melee/secondary, i reserve the Vectis for when things are "quite" or are becoming "hard"

Ok so... HCal affects the 2nd projectile from Split Chamber, the 1st usually goes exactly where i aimed no matter what.

After 40-50m the 2nd shot will likely miss the target 50% of the times, in a 10-30m range there's a high chance to make 2 kills/bullet because of that.

All in all maybe you are right and Charged Chamber is a better option in order constant "double-headshots"

Any tips?

Yeah you can immediately press R to reload right after your shot. It's quicker.

Tried this method but it's kinda hard to make in an habit... in the haste of making the manual reload i often miss the target... 

I think it's just a matter of training and exercise... recharge goes almost 50% faster doing so, it's great

Ok so... HCal affects the 2nd projectile from Split Chamber, the 1st usually goes exactly where i aimed no matter what.

After 40-50m the 2nd shot will likely miss the target 50% of the times, in a 10-30m range there's a high chance to make 2 kills/bullet because of that.

I see this comment all over the place and wonder how it came up. I believe the first projectile follows the same set of rules for accuracy as the 2nd.  It's just that on average, it appears 1 of the 2 projectiles goes relatively where you want it to. 

Anyway, here's a simple video showing a test I do for accuracy.   The doorway detail I shoot at is slightly larger than an enemies head. If you miss this target, there's little chance you'd actually hit an enemies head.  As you can see, often at the tested 40m range, not even 1 bullet hit the mark. This is very disturbing if you ask me. Hcal ruins the vectis imo.

http://youtu.be/xMaM2uzYkZU

Feel free to keep using Hcal if you want. If it seems like it doesn't affect you it's fine (in some cases it actually helps land shots >.<). But the linked video shows what many players seem to be blind to see when praising the glorious Hcal mod.  It's far easier to see the affects when out of combat.

Other details:

Build used for the test is max Hcal, fast hands, split chamber, and stabilizer. Sor about the crap sound, I often record at lowest possible settings when testing.

The Vectis isn't the most perfectly accurate weapon unless you're in scope mode (seems to be extremely accurate while scoped).  I mention this because Hcal usually gimps zoomed/scope mode to be closer to double the arsenal accuracy stats. As in the effects of Hcal on snipers is far more massive than merely the stated 55% accuracy loss.

Edited by Quizel

-snip-

Well i obviously dont know if it's the 1st or the 2nd bullet but usually 1 of the 2 always lands where i aimed (tried it on Kiste - Ceres, using a Zephyr to put myself on top of the 2 towers where MD's objects are and shooting everything from there)

All in all, as i've stated, i'd prefer to lose 15-20% dmg if i get 100% accuracy on double bullet by swapping HCal for Charged Chamber

(which in the end would net us higher dmg assuming we dont miss ofc)

PS: have to stay my HCal is not max'd (2 ranks from max) because i didnt want to forma 5-6 weapons just for it... letting it stay at 14 points is fine for me

Tried this method but it's kinda hard to make in an habit... in the haste of making the manual reload i often miss the target... 

I think it's just a matter of training and exercise... recharge goes almost 50% faster doing so, it's great

Have you ever tried to set up a mouse macro? If you have a gaming mouse the software that came with it most likely will allow you to set up a macro that reloads for you immediately after left clicking.  I'm sure there's free  macro software out there as well but I wouldn't know where to look.

For me I have a logitech mouse that allowed me to set up two profiles that work within warframe and can be changed by pressing "ctrl". One profile has the middle mouse button click a bajillion times per sec when I hold it down to help with high RoF semi-autos and the other profile for Vectis sniping-after left clicking it will 'fire weapon' once and spams "reload" about 5 times over the next 30 milliseconds.  It wasn't exactly completely straight forward to set up but eventually I got it working. And I find the Vectis/semi-autos to be far more satisfying to play with now.

Edit: If interested I could probably walk ya through the steps to create these mouse macros if ur using a logitech. A few snap shot pics here and there with brief description would probably be all you need to know and possibly save ya about an hour of debugging >.<.

Edited by Quizel

Have you ever tried to set up a mouse macro? If you have a gaming mouse the software that came with it most likely will allow you to set up a macro that reloads for you immediately after left clicking.  I'm sure there's free  macro software out there as well but I wouldn't know where to look.

For me I have a logitech mouse that allowed me to set up two profiles that work within warframe and can be changed by pressing "ctrl". One profile has the middle mouse button click a bajillion times per sec when I hold it down to help with high RoF semi-autos and the other profile for Vectis sniping-after left clicking it will 'fire weapon' once and spams "reload" about 5 times over the next 30 milliseconds.  It wasn't exactly completely straight forward to set up but eventually I got it working. And I find the Vectis/semi-autos to be far more satisfying to play with now.

Edit: If interested I could probably walk ya through the steps to create these mouse macros if ur using a logitech. A few snap shot pics here and there with brief description would probably be all you need to know.

Got a Logitech aswell, didnt think about it, will try out