Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sundering Strike Farm

Hatr

Question

Hey guys, i'm trying to find sundering strike by about one week, i kept playing on defense missions like 6-7 hours everyday, i've farmed on all of the factions... infested, grineer, corpus but mostly on corpus (Kiliken and Venera - Venus) since i read on wiki that piercing for melee drops commonly from corpus. I've farmed for so much time and i got quite many multi shots too (they are supposed to drop rarlly) but absolutely no sundering strike i think i'm farming in the wrong place? I guess i got all kind of mods available excepting the one that i need (got over 600 mods, with over 400 duplicates right now). Please help.

7 answers to this question

Or perhaps should i get dual ether? it has innate armor.. i guess it means 100% armor piercing?

I can't exactly offer any advice as to where to farm that mod, but I can give you a bit more info about how it works and how dual ethers work.  Basically, when you apply the sundering strike mod, it adds an extra percentage of your base damage on top of what you're already doing.  Think of this damage like the fire or electric mods, except it does piercing damage which is especially effective against Grineer, allows ya to head-shot Corpus crewmen, etc.

Dual ethers on the other hand, do not do piercing damage.  They simply ignore armor on their basic swings, much like the fragor.  Basically, the mod isn't exactly a substitute for the ethers and the ethers aren't a substitute for the mod; they fulfill a similar role but ultimately function differently.  Sundering strike will still add extra damage on top of the ethers, for example.

Side note: most weapons ignore armor on their charge attacks as well.

So, adding sundering strike to a melee without armor ignore will both increase damage and add piercing but on weapons like dual ether it will just increase damage?

Sort of.  If you add sundering strike to a non armor ignoring weapon and use a normal attack, it will do whatever its normal attack damage is, plus a certain amount of piercing damage.  If you add it to the dual ethers, they do their normal attack damage (which ignores armor), plus a certain amount of piercing damage.  It increases damage in both cases, just like with fire or frost damage.  Much like the other elements, some enemies are weak to piercing, some are resistant to it (Corpus crewmen take huge headshot damage from piercing for example, while normal infested trash mobs take less damage from it).

So, adding sundering strike to a melee without armor ignore will both increase damage and add piercing but on weapons like dual ether it will just increase damage?

AP mods just add a certain amount of bonus damage. Doesn't matter if the weapon ignores armor or not, the bonus damage is the same.