Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Super Jump Rework: Super Charge

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

Such name, much WOW. With the dawn of Excalibur's rework upon us, I've figured why not give my 2 cents.

Excalibur has become a staple in the warframe community as the essence of BALANCE, to the extent that is true, but because of which, he doesn't necessarily bring anything exciting to the table besides Radial Blind, but hearing it is receiving a nerf, while his other abilities get tweaks sounds like what made him good, is being taken from him. What should've been taken, could've been Super Jump.

Who doesn't love jumping around like a coke-infused jack rabbit, but what if it's a coke-infused jack rabbit raging bull/ cheetah  hybrid.

HELLZ YEAH!! I would love that freak of nature on my team.

All Super Jump offered was an increased jump three times than normal, and put you in the middle of cross-fire three times as likely, taking three times as much damage, you were a Triple Threat, but not in the traditional sense.

What I have in mind would make his third ability more usable and not formable. Such as something on the lines of a buff to his physical capabilities.

Now I have seen many renditions of this on the forums, I can't recall their names, but I will make it as far away from their tellings and of my own volition.

Super Jump would be turned into Super Charge and enhancing the following:

Super Charge would be a toggleable ability.

And once activated, you'll be put in an elevated state.

This elevated state would make channeling inoperable, but instead how channeling would effectively increase your melee damage, Super Charge will increase

1. melee channeling damage increased by 75/150/225/300

2. melee speed 15/30/45/60

3. agility 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4

4. decrease in stamina consumption for running and melee 20%/25%30%/35%

you will still have an innate Super Jump,But because this is a state, and you'll be in it through an extended duration, your ability to jump like Super Jump will be lowered by half of its intended height.

Also noted that while in this state, you will have no energy consumption for the drain on your energy bar would be based off of energy efficiency.

This is just a simple take on what I would like to see happen to Super Jump. It is completely susceptible to changes to make it better and more balanced.

Lets Talk!

300 damage is nothing in comparison to almost every other ability that does damage

what is melee speed? 15 30 45 60?!?

wtf we have agility stats???

could you explain  to me your voodoo magic?

1. with killing blow, that 300 can be boosted to 420, and that's not including damage mods. that was my attempt to try and not make him overly OP in warframe's sense. I would want it to be 500, but let's be realistic...it won't happen :(

2. melee attack speed I just failed to mention %'s at the end, and I just realized that...

3. I meant sprint speed...my bad :p

the only nerf radial blind is getting is that it won't blind enemies behind walls....which makes sense.

And stomping time and space itself without even destroying a friggin' container right next to you makes so much more sense.

Warframe =/= Sense.

Sense = Logic.

Logic =/= Magic discoballs of death and destruction while a person who willingly sets herself on fire takes no damage, except when put on fire by someone else, all while another gal creates anti matter which she throws around all willy-nilly even though it would more likely than not create a blakc hole and murder us all.

1. with killing blow, that 300 can be boosted to 420, and that's not including damage mods. that was my attempt to try and not make him overly OP in warframe's sense. I would want it to be 500, but let's be realistic...it won't happen :(

Even 500 damage isn't all that great. If you think about it, there are really no abilities that do damage and no other CC/effects. If you aren't getting that CC on a damage ability, then it should be higher. 

BUT, this doesn't really fit with excals kit. He is supposed to be mobile, and you are proposing to take away his best mobility skill... It doesn't fit

I think you guys are misunderstanding the "Killing Blow" mod. It doesn't even work as intended. As of right now, it makes channeling go from doing 150% damage to 210% damage when Maxed. Therefor, I think he means while supercharge it's active it would be something like this.

Rank 1: 170%

Rank 2: 250%

Rank 3: 325%

Rank 4: 400%

Rank 4 + KB: 520%

Holy sweet mother of raptor jebus riding King Kong... Imagine THAT buff on a Scindo Prime, Dakra Prime (Crimson Dervish) or Dragon Nikana. He'd be definitively living up to his namesake. 

Even 500 damage isn't all that great. If you think about it, there are really no abilities that do damage and no other CC/effects. If you aren't getting that CC on a damage ability, then it should be higher. 

BUT, this doesn't really fit with excals kit. He is supposed to be mobile, and you are proposing to take away his best mobility skill... It doesn't fit

Okay then, how about this. When activated, and he becomes covered in Void's light, the energy he radiates becomes unstable within a diameter, making enemies senses become corrupted by its brilliance, having them to cringe in agony, making them more susceptible to warframe abilities and channeled based melee attacks, because they are based off the warframe's energy supply just as Excalibur's Void light coming from his suit....BAM!

I think you guys are misunderstanding the "Killing Blow" mod. It doesn't even work as intended. As of right now, it makes channeling go from doing 150% damage to 210% damage when Maxed. Therefor, I think he means while supercharge it's active it would be something like this.

Rank 1: 170%

Rank 2: 250%

Rank 3: 325%

Rank 4: 400%

Rank 4 + KB: 520%

Holy sweet mother of raptor jebus riding King Kong... Imagine THAT buff on a Scindo Prime, Dakra Prime (Crimson Dervish) or Dragon Nikana. He'd be definitively living up to his namesake.

Yes, yes. That right there. That is EXACTLY what i'am trying to say! I just forgot to mention killing blow's applications ...:p sorry bout that.