The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despair Build Help

GinKenshin

Question

please help me with my build, I want my Despair to be very effective at end game lvls, note that I rarely use my 2nd weapon, I only use it when I'm in bleedout of caring the data mass with a low rank melee equipped

this is my current build: 

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Despair/t_30_22222000_193-0-5-204-1-10-205-4-3-206-2-5-211-3-5-212-5-3-221-6-5-356-7-3_193-6-204-7-206-6-211-5-205-5-212-7-221-11-356-7/en/3-0-34/0

I want an element that it good for all faction, since I only use despair as a secondary and maybe a few suggestion on how to improve my build  

NOTE: please don't bother telling me to use hikou p or something else ;)

thank you 

7 answers to this question

You wanna use Despair. Forma it with 2 V and 1 - sorry i dont know name cause im not on warframe atm bored checking out forums etc... get mods such as Hornet strike lethal torrent, Barrel disfusion, Magnum force (if you use magnum force remember try attacking from less range so u wont miss and kill instant, not for long range) Pathogen rounds, Icestorm, Razer shot, Stunning speed. if you have Event status mods use frostbite and pistol pestilance. this is what i reccoment if you have additional build u can apply the set i've given is what i use not exact but for lvl 40-45 you can survive with 3-4 throws there isnt need of ammo mutation cause pistol ammo is common and clip size is good. focus on Dmg despair has reload and speed so dont need it unless its lvl 70-75 use speed mod just one for quick kill use nova's m prime for quick kill. Have fun.

That's an... interesting build. I would get rid of Pistol Gambit, as Despair's base critical chance is really not worth building on. Magazine size could be worth it, but I've not really found it to be an issue, as the reload speed is very quick.

As for the damage mods, I would go for the raw damage ones instead of status chance, as again, Despair's base status is not high enough to be of consequence.

Can't remember my exact build but it looks a little something like this:

http://goo.gl/iXRlCF

Also, it's definitely worth investing more time/thought into your secondary. I often have one that complements my primary: for example, if you've got something that deals high damage to a single target, let's say Dread, your secondary should be something that can deal damage to multiple targets quickly, say machine pistols (Akzani, Akstiletto, Twin Gremlins) or a hand cannon (Brakk, Detron, Bronco Prime).

Edited by Dualice

Why on earth are you using Pistol Gambit?

Despair has almost nonexistent critical chance and status chance, thus raw damage is the way to go, with the full 90% elementals. Wasting two mod slots for utility mods sacrifices a lot of damage.

Grineer:

-Hornet Strike

-Barrel Diffusion

-Lethal Torrent

-Heated Charge + Convulsion (Radiation)

-Ice Storm + Pathogen Rounds (Viral)

-Expel Grineer

Corpus:

-Hornet Strike

-Barrel Diffusion

-Lethal Torrent

-Ice Storm + Convulsion (Magnetic)

-Pathogen rounds + Pistol Pestilence (Toxic)

-Expel Corpus

Infested:

-Hornet Strike

-Barrel Diffusion

-Lethal Torrent

-Convulsion + Pathogen Rounds (Corrosive)

-Heated Charge + Ice Storm (Blast)

-Expel Infested

Edited by X3Evanescence

Won't tell you to use Hikou. That's dumb. Despair still #1.

First, remove your Pistol Gambit and Tainted Clip. Despair is not A) a crit weapon and B) has a reload speed too fast to need mag increasing mods.

Despair is about raw damage, let's get that out of the way.

Second, I'd say you'd want to re-forma (yeah, sucks) two of your 'V' slots to '---' (dash) slots, since you're going to be packing full elemental damage. Forget status. Despair is also not a status weapon. It's an old-fashioned, rainbow-build, armor-piercer.

The most versatile damage type (IMO) is Corrosive: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Corrosive_Damage

Just look at all those factions that have NO resistance to Corrosive (except protoshield, but only Corpus Techs and Alad V/Zanuka have that)

Here, my build: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Despair/t_30_22203030_193-1-5-195-6-5-204-0-10-205-7-3-206-2-5-209-4-5-212-5-3-263-3-3_204-7-193-6-206-6-263-7-209-6-212-7-195-6-205-9/en/3-0-34

This Corrosive/Cold build will tear through mostly everything and have a little cold damage on the side to deal with shields. The status mods are on there just to stack as much corrosive as possible. And yeah, I said it doesn't need Mag-size mods, but I like having those 14 knives.

Edited by Go4tfi5h