Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Selection When Starting A New Account

Sync527

So my friends and I have had this discussion earlier, and although it does sound interesting I don't think that this might be a good idea, given the focus of the game... What we discussed was in regards to being able to select between factions when you start a new account (Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, Orokin)... Like the Tenno, the other factions will have its own set of characters (both starting and earned) that you can pick and control, its own ship for the player, and so on...

I am just sharing an idea that my friends came up with, and I am not suggesting this for future implementation... I believe that most will agree that this is quite a bad idea, but feel free to critique this idea...

I am not suggesting this for future implementation...

The most important part of the message, I bet some players will miss it.

Idea is pretty cool, I could give some money to play as a Grineer. However, this idea means totally another game. Warframe is not suitable for such changes.

Edited by RossRam

It will require "Balance" between the factions, which will pretty much destroy the rest of the appeal of the game.

Frankly speaking, the seemingly unprincipled adding of "powers" to the current mobs (excluding bosses and sub bosses) is already weakening the original appeal. ninja? every lowest level mob out there can do acrobatics that will shame most Tenno...

Well, the Tenno can have the parkour to themselves... For Grineer: jetpacks; Corpus; exoskeletons (the skeleton-looking type); Orokin: (i have no idea for a feature that will make them very distinct in terms of movement)...

Also, regarding the "a whole new game" thingy (which we realized during our discussion), we were like: "DE should make a titular game per faction, but once online, the world per game can be integrated with that of Warframe's"... (well, it was something like that... some of us were laughing at the idea)...

Player joins game, joins Corpus, game over screen comes up 10 minutes later as Alad chops them up for parts.

Player joins game, joins Grineer, player gets to watch as their frame is being controlled by Vor so they can't actually do anything.

Player joins game, joins Orokin, player is left alone in the game because Orokin were massacred many moons ago by the Tenno.

Player joins game, joins Infested, hello little charging thing and what is .... GAH, WHY ARE YOU EATING MY FACE.

That would be awesome

I mean imagine playing as another faction and telling the story in a different destiny like for example:

Grineer - Excal or Tenno will be captured by vor and you will be played as a Grineer-Tenno hybrid but you will only have 2 abilities since Grineer put Duct tapes on the suit

Corpus - Alad V will introduce a new Suit or a War (literally) where there are Zanuka's everywhere and you are a Soldier with the Corpus - Tenno Hybrid or a user controlling the zanuka

Infested - well you are pretty much playing the Game [PROTOTYPE] (which is awesome)

Orokin - don't know much about them really (all i know is just they use to much gold and bling)

Edited by InfamousDerp

I like the idea, but i think it would be too much for DE to handle right now.

True......Well Digital Extremes can handle that they can if there is another video game industry or another DE in USA that would be awesome just don't sell it to EA (they are the Nightmare Of Gaming) (Except Battlefield, Deadspace (all series), and etc.)

You would be able to play as a squad of Corpus or Grineer, and have limited mobility. You do not face Tenno, as that would leave you outmatched. Love the radio chatter Visa stuff so maybe some of that as well. In battle, you play as a Commander by default. If you die, you control the next highest ranking unit in that battle. Each unit has abilities. Toss grenades, shoot from cover, use jetpack etc. You are even able to eat food(Grineer food being cloned chicken and Grinbeer, grineer beer), or Corpus Nutrifluid(Greedy Milk), which is a nutricious fluid.

This is serious as well as for the lolz.