Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accessories For Primary Weapons

cubitos

I think we should, for guns, screw the purely-cosmetic cosmetics, and have specs for them.

Examples:

Laser Pointer: +10% Accuracy

Illongated Mag: +15% Ammo.

Shock-Absorbent Stock: -7.5% Recoil

Sensitive Trigger: -25% Windup (On windup weapons like Gorgon/Soma), +10% Fire-Rate

I used to be like you, and wanted something like that... Now.... I just want stuff to decorate my gun, and make it look cooler. Maybe a really cool grip on my braton.

I don't think attachments on this type of game set up work work if they added stats. Things like +5% accuracy with a grip or +10% zoom with a sight would completely ruin the purpose of mods on weapons. Being able to stack Heavy Caliber at max rank with attachments for stability and accuracy create a completely overpowered build, which like I said ruins the concept of mods. 

Besides half the weapons would look silly with something like a holo sight or foregrip attached to them. You would need something that flows with Warframe. Such as Grineer writing or something of an Infested spore growing off to the side. (Infested themed weapons only?) Yet then we are getting into more of skins, which is what we already have. I do like that idea of a weapon editor for skins though in game.

I correct myself a bit, things like scopes or laser sights would be interesting, but they couldn't really look like the ones we see in today's world or gaming (sigh...Call of Duty..) but they would have to have a Warframe theme to them which are purely cosmetic of course (I'm not really an artist so...I can't exactly draw what I'm thinking of >.>) 

(this is why I try to keep from posting much, I type way too much and I know it's annoying to read lol)

Silencer on my ogris.......oh wait

ITS ALREADY A STEALTH LAUNCHER.

And yes I would like to see decoration, like Grineer stickers with text and logos, same for Corpus. But I wouldnt like it being just another Plat-only decoration. F2P-ers feel kindof left-out because of it.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

If there was customizable attachments and had minor upgrades I think it would work. Like for example, enhanced zoom by adding a scope or enhanced accuracy by adding a sharper barrel, it would totally be a handy perk not only stand alone, but complementary to mods. I mean if we got rid of certain mods that give ammo capacity, zoom, noise suppressors and what not and replaced them with actual physical attatchments, it would make it a bit more immersive to crafting unique weapons. Of course depending on the weapon only certain attachments would apply. Like the Orgris, it would only be practical since of course silencers wouldn't work, but a scope with a particular sight would.

But ya, I'm only dreaming lol