Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Bash

Pbrandon1

A simple bash is all I request for all weapons.

So, basically, have weapons be able to bunt an enemy, knocking them on their feet. This would only be for one target only and it would basically just knock an enemy on their feet while doing decent damage. It should be quick too so to not make it feel lackluster over jump slam

Other enemies can do it but instead of knocking us on our feet, they do decent damage.

This might actually help a bit with melee and also still allow you to go without a melee weapon wouldn't feeling the lose of jump slam. 

That's about it...

A melee weapon with a moderately high proc chance and blast damage will do this for you. Several melee weapons will also cause the enemy to flinch when striking them, allowing you to safely dispatch enemies without much fear of retaliation as you keep them stun-locked. 

There's also the 'flying kick'. Run forward, jump, and then crouch and your character will perform an aerial kick that will knock down anyone in your path. Follow up with a ground finisher for angry damage, shoot them while they are prone, or continue running forward as an escape. Enemies knocked down by this manuever seem to either be immune from consecutive kicks or have some kind of cooldown before they can be knocked over by the kick again. 

Edited by Acos

You mean like... Groundslam already does for certain weapons? Or the jump kick (mid-air slide)? 

I'd say the only problem with adding yet another way to knockdown enemies is the animation time of ground finishers and the generally lackluster damage for the amount of time spent.

There is no point in a weapon bunting ability. We have quick melee, ground slams and kicks... there's no reason for a weapon bunt, and no logic behind it. We're space ninjas with advanced powerful swords, axes, whips and other various weapons to knock people down and kill them.

There is no point in a weapon bunting ability. We have quick melee, ground slams and kicks... there's no reason for a weapon bunt, and no logic behind it. We're space ninjas with advanced powerful swords, axes, whips and other various weapons to knock people down and kill them.

A melee weapon with a moderately high proc chance and blast damage will do this for you. Several melee weapons will also cause the enemy to flinch when striking them, allowing you to safely dispatch enemies without much fear of retaliation as you keep them stun-locked. 

There's also the 'flying kick'. Run forward, jump, and then crouch and your character will perform an aerial kick that will knock down anyone in your path. Follow up with a ground finisher for angry damage, shoot them while they are prone, or continue running forward as an escape. Enemies knocked down by this manuever seem to either be immune from consecutive kicks or have some kind of cooldown before they can be knocked over by the kick again. 

You mean like... Groundslam already does for certain weapons? Or the jump kick (mid-air slide)? 

I'd say the only problem with adding yet another way to knockdown enemies is the animation time of ground finishers and the generally lackluster damage for the amount of time spent.

Jump kick requires you to gain some distance between the enemy to you and press a combination of buttons while aiming at the enemy to target just one enemy, a-lot of time for just one enemy.

Ground slam, although not so bad, what if you wanted to just open up some space and didn't have time to ground slam, you are surrounded and need an opening, just bash your way through instead of jumping up and letting them take as many pot shots at you.

The purpose of it is to be quick, allow for you to knock any enemy down and then use a finisher on them or just to get a breather or think a bit. This could be used by primary and secondary weapons and melee, more damage to melee but still decent, and allows for you to not be discriminated for losing an ability to knock people down because you decided to not bring a melee weapon due to personal preference. 

You can move while doing it and it's quick but doesn't have the AOE of ground slam and doesn't stop you in your tracks for enemies to take shots at you.

As nice as this would be, it would render quite a few 1st powers on several frames useless.

Quite a few frames have a "1" that is a single target stun/knockdown/pause.

If you add an easy stun to firearms that fulfills the same purchase you render those particular powers obsolete.

I'd be fine with being able to beat enemies in the face with the stock/butt of guns, but making it do anything outside of damage seems like it'd be going a bit too far in filling roles that powers are meant to fill.

Guys.

4EzFnch.gif

Seriously.

We need it. (Even if it's only on buckler/shield melee)

Block + Press E. S'all I'm sayin'.

if you do channel+block you have a chance (almost 100% if you mod counter) to make the enemy flinch after blocking their melee, from which you can procede to do a front finisher on them

and you can do it with any melee, not just the silva/aegis

Ground slam, although not so bad, what if you wanted to just open up some space and didn't have time to ground slam, you are surrounded and need an opening, just bash your way through instead of jumping up and letting them take as many pot shots at you.

Try a jat kittag modded with reach... the range of it's jump attack (trust me, it gets really big) should offset the lack of speed, provided you have the foresight to know when to use it

Edited by Rikage

As nice as this would be, it would render quite a few 1st powers on several frames useless.

Quite a few frames have a "1" that is a single target stun/knockdown/pause.

If you add an easy stun to firearms that fulfills the same purchase you render those particular powers obsolete.

I'd be fine with being able to beat enemies in the face with the stock/butt of guns, but making it do anything outside of damage seems like it'd be going a bit too far in filling roles that powers are meant to fill.

Does frames 1 abilities do more then just damage much like Oberon where although it knocks someone on their butt, it procs them with radiation and sends flying things towards other enemies and hit's them with puncture or impact I think.

Those abilities do more then just sending one single enemy on their feet while doing fair damage. 

Guys.

4EzFnch.gif

Seriously.

We need it. (Even if it's only on buckler/shield melee)

Block + Press E. S'all I'm sayin'.

if you do channel+block you have a chance (almost 100% if you mod counter) to make the enemy flinch after blocking their melee, from which you can procede to do a front finisher on them

and you can do it with any melee, not just the silva/aegis

Try a jat kittag modded with reach... the range of it's jump attack (trust me, it gets really big) should offset the lack of speed, provided you have the foresight to know when to use it

Yes, it has the range but doesn't have speed and let's enemies take pot shots at you...maybe...but for other ground slams that is the case. For this, you can keep moving, knockdown one enemy, quick and allows you to get out of crowds of enemies. Goal is to not get multiple enemies but provide a quick way to take down singular amount of enemies or allow for you to get out of crowds of enemies and not take pot shots as you try to ground slam.

I was hoping from the title this would be a request for a quick melee attack option while you have no melee weapon equipped. I don't think we need any more special attacks with melee weapons, any knockdown attack can be added via stance combos and such. But it would be very nice to be able to have a quick attack to knock back/down enemies and open crates without wasting ammo while not having a melee weapon with you.  

Jesus christ guys, all he's asking for is to allow us to stun an enemy for a split second by being able to hit them in the face with our gun. Have you played no other games? Because I see this in a lot of other shooters. 

The enemy can do it, why can't we? It just feels like something that should be in there on top of all our existing (albeit under-used and explored) moves. 

And no. No we should NOT need a mod to be able to do this. Channel Parrying isn't the same thing, as that requires you to pull out your sword, channel, and hope the enemy is in the mood to melee you. Very poor workaround.