Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.I.P Ranks #2 n #4

Ryitus

I was at #5 last I checked. Then some people I played with who exploit the hell out of the sliding slash to move faster than a bolt with speed got up higher.

At that point it's more exploiting than skill. :B

I guess, I mean, i use it aswel to rush back to extraction, infact, I learned it from Rebecca, because she did the slide slash once, and I was like..... What If i could do it multiple times, and I found out that It actually is better then running.

Edited by Ryitus

I was at #5 last I checked. Then some people I played with who exploit the hell out of the sliding slash to move faster than a bolt with speed got up higher.

At that point it's more exploiting than skill. :B

lol, yea, i know your talking about me :P. well its not really an exploit, because it does take a lot of dexterity to pull off and good timing to keep it going. I used to play GunZ: The Duel, and it was move like that slash slide that made the difference between the noob and the good players. Someone who takes the time to master something like that to get a movement speed bonus (and the better you are at pulling it off, the more of a bonus you get), should be rewarded because it is "mastery".

After about 10 missions my pinky hurts like hell.

It does need to be nerfed tremendously though. It does way more damage (because it hits the backs of enemies im guessing), doubles movement speed, etc.

however, mods with sprint bonus don't work, otherwise I would have 140% sprint speed bonus, and would be much faster then the slash move anyways.

Edited by hellsan631

Someone who takes the time to master something like that to get a movement speed bonus (and the better you are at pulling it off, the more of a bonus you get), should be rewarded because it is "mastery".

Or I you could spend 1 minute making a macro that perfectly executes it every time... lol

Or I you could spend 1 minute making a macro that perfectly executes it every time... lol

Macro's can be detected easily enough. If you think I use a macro, i invite you to play a few games with me on skype. I have a very clicky keyboard :)

Also, sometimes you need to adjust your timings for the move to make it the correct distance (longer, or slightly shorter), depending on obsticles ahead. This is basically impossible to do via macro.

Macro's can be detected easily enough. If you think I use a macro, i invite you to play a few games with me on skype. I have a very clicky keyboard :)

Also, sometimes you need to adjust your timings for the move to make it the correct distance (longer, or slightly shorter), depending on obsticles ahead. This is basically impossible to do via macro.

First of all I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was suggesting that instead of trying to spend all that time "mastering" a repetitive set of actions you could just macro. People think macro is some kind of dirty word, but not all macros are bad. Also, hardware macros are impossible to detect since it basically just emulates key pushes like a regular keyboard does. You can control (to a degree) where you move while doing the slash.

Anything is possible with macros, ANYTHING. I took on a bet in another beta that I could effectively create a bot using hardware macros to farm kills in an area using the class's turret, AND pick up loot that dropped. The result was a 15 minute "script" that made my character sit in a corner and place its turret and heal the turret while killing anything in the area, and at 5 minute intervals would go out of the corner and walk a set pattern while spamming the loot pick up key and pick up any loot in the area. After picking up loot it would return back to the same corner.

Was it crude? Yes, but it got the job done and I won the bet. Macros can perform incredibly complex set of actions as long as you have the patience to sit there and literally plan out every step of the macro.

First of all I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was suggesting that instead of trying to spend all that time "mastering" a repetitive set of actions you could just macro. People think macro is some kind of dirty word, but not all macros are bad. Also, hardware macros are impossible to detect since it basically just emulates key pushes like a regular keyboard does. You can control (to a degree) where you move while doing the slash.

Anything is possible with macros, ANYTHING. I took on a bet in another beta that I could effectively create a bot using hardware macros to farm kills in an area using the class's turret, AND pick up loot that dropped. The result was a 15 minute "script" that made my character sit in a corner and place its turret and heal the turret while killing anything in the area, and at 5 minute intervals would go out of the corner and walk a set pattern while spamming the loot pick up key and pick up any loot in the area. After picking up loot it would return back to the same corner.

Was it crude? Yes, but it got the job done and I won the bet. Macros can perform incredibly complex set of actions as long as you have the patience to sit there and literally plan out every step of the macro.

I had similar expereinces with making different AI bots using macro's. But, most of the stuff with moves are on the fly adjustments, which is almost impossible to program into a macro without some serious breach of the TOS.

I'm a semi-pro sc2 player, so a lot of my background comes from mastering certain mechanics within games to gain an advantage, so thats why i'm so used to the concept of doing everything manually.

I had similar expereinces with making different AI bots using macro's. But, most of the stuff with moves are on the fly adjustments, which is almost impossible to program into a macro without some serious breach of the TOS.

I'm a semi-pro sc2 player, so a lot of my background comes from mastering certain mechanics within games to gain an advantage, so thats why i'm so used to the concept of doing everything manually.

Bot here, and I will murder you both...

All I made was a simple proof of concept bot to prove a point to the dev's that said it couldn't be done. I have neither the time nor inclination to make a real bot. Besides, that stuff makes a game boring, so I stay away from it.