Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Teleport Finisher - Awesome When It Works - Bug Report

CircularReason

I love the buff they did to Ash's teleport: how it staggers the enemy and allows you to do a finisher on them - when it works. But it seems that the function just suddenly stops working in many games. From my tests, and appears to be related to who is hosting the game. When I host or play solo, I can do this move nearly every time. When I am not hosting, that is, when I join another squad, The move works for the first 2 or so kills, then it becomes impossible to do. No finisher moves can be done. Please fix this, as I love this ability.

Interesting about the bladstorm thing, Perhaps that is it. Like I said, when i am hosting, I have no problem with it, blade storme or not. But when I join another team... I can do it for a couple of enemies, then it just stops.... No finisher animation. This really needs to be looked at DE. It is a great upgrade to teleport, we just need to get it working. 

Did you find any way to 'get it back' after casting bladestorm?

Interesting about the bladstorm thing, Perhaps that is it. Like I said, when i am hosting, I have no problem with it, blade storme or not. But when I join another team... I can do it for a couple of enemies, then it just stops.... No finisher animation. This really needs to be looked at DE. It is a great upgrade to teleport, we just need to get it working. 

Did you find any way to 'get it back' after casting bladestorm?

I didn't properly experiment, but at least some times when I re-cast bladestorm I was able to do it afterwards. That needs confirmation though.

I've ran some testing with bladestorm. As a host, I don't think I have any issues, I cast bladestorm multiple times and could still use the teleport finisher.

As a client, I did a few teleport finishers, then I ran bladestorm. After that, I wasn't able to use the teleport finishers. Enemies were still stunned but I was not able to use the finisher; could only cut normally. I ran more bladestorms and teleports, and inexplicably (at least I didn't see how) i was able to use the teleport finishers (herein called TF) again. I did the TF again and again, and then ran another bladestorm. Still able to do TF. Then I ran another bladestorm, and then I could TF. Then I ran a few more bladestorms, and then suddenly I could TF.

Results: Inconclusive. Possibly has something to do with knockdowns or the number of targets in one bladestorm.

But really now, this has been an issue since the teleport buff went out. DE HALP!!

I'm really jealous right now. I'd love to attack straightaway after Teleporting without being forced into a long finisher animation (seriously, I one-shot pretty much everything anyways; the only times I find the Finisher useful are when I need to pick off a Heavy and/or drain loads of health in one stab), but, unfortunately, the Finisher has never failed to activate for me.

Hell, in laggy games that I'm not hosting, half of the time it'll perform Finishers on enemies that are already dead. (So I'll Teleport to the enemy, quickly hack it to death with regular attacks, and then cut into a Finisher animation about a foot or two from that enemy's corpse.)

Yeah, I just confirmed as well that it has something to do with bladestorm when a client. Again, when hosting, I have no issues. When I am not hosting, I was able to teleport-finisher just fine... then cast bladestorm, and could no longer do it.  I have to experiment more and see if I can do the whole cast bladestorm again and get it to wrork thing. I'll report back when I experiment more. PLEASE DE FIX THIS ISSUE.

I'm really jealous right now. I'd love to attack straightaway after Teleporting without being forced into a long finisher animation (seriously, I one-shot pretty much everything anyways; the only times I find the Finisher useful are when I need to pick off a Heavy and/or drain loads of health in one stab), but, unfortunately, the Finisher has never failed to activate for me.

Hell, in laggy games that I'm not hosting, half of the time it'll perform Finishers on enemies that are already dead. (So I'll Teleport to the enemy, quickly hack it to death with regular attacks, and then cut into a Finisher animation about a foot or two from that enemy's corpse.)

Bro, just make sure you're client, bladestorm, then your problem is solved. Just tell us when you can TF again so we know what's going wrong so the devs can fix it.

• 5 weeks later...

Teleport finisher has always worked for me(except when it says the target is obscured...when it isn't....)    

it's always worked, except for today when i logged in after the hotfix and it teleports and finsher animation but it does wet noodle damage, literally less than a baby scratch and the enemy just resumes attacking instead of dying.....so....yeah.....well......

cool.....

where the girls at?

Teleport finisher has always worked for me(except when it says the target is obscured...when it isn't....)    

it's always worked, except for today when i logged in after the hotfix and it teleports and finsher animation but it does wet noodle damage, literally less than a baby scratch and the enemy just resumes attacking instead of dying.....so....yeah.....well......

cool.....

where the girls at?

Ok, now do a bladestorm when you're a client and tell us if you can still use teleport finishers.