The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Greatest Guns

MechaTails

Dual Cestras! Dual pistol plasma gatling guns!!! Freaking akimbo energy miniguns! Rly, thats amazing!

Angstrum with max clip and multishot. What can be cooler then a pistol shooting rockets? Pistol shooting a freaking big number of rockets!

Mire. Probably, hitting people with a piece of heavily mutated ribcase is wrong, but it feels so right!

Phage. Viral-Laser-shooting octopus makes a good weapon. Also, try converging the beams on your fellow female tenno teammates...

Also, all the UT-styled weapons like Miter, Drakgoon, Angstrum (well, again), Quanta, Stug. Using them brings out good memories!

Edited by Vivicector

Tigris - there are many much better options when it comes to damage, but kills with this weapon are very satisfying. Unloading both shells at point blank right in the enemy's face is a lot of fun.

Vectis - but so is shooting one bullet from far away and scoring a several k critical hit. On certain maps Vectis becomes one of the most enjoyable weapons in the game. You can actually feel like a sniper.

Dex Furis - why shoot once when you can shoot hundreds of bullets? Sure the damage is not that great, ammo runs out in the blink of an eye but you can feel like you're tearing bad guys apart with this stream of lead.

Quanta - Ammo? Who cares? That thing can shoot for days. And it has a built in grenade launcher. What's not to love?

Boar Prime - feels good, simple as that.

The Hek has to be on the list.  It just feels so good to wield, every blast feeling like your setting off a canon.  I used this gun so much way back in the day that it's STILL listed as my most-used weapon.

The Lex is similar--each shot screams power, and there's just something so gratifying about stopping an enemy dead in its tracks with a single shot to the head.  It was also my first secondary that felt like it could really rival the power of a primary weapon, which was just awesome.

Next up is the Paris.  It was the first weapon that could reliably send enemies flying--literally.  There's just a certain kind of glee that comes with loosing an arrow at an enemy and then watching them go flying into a canyon wall, or even up into the sky until they disappear in the distance!

A more recent one that's maybe not very widely appreciated is the Tysis.  Sure, the damage isn't the best, but that's not the point--the point is the absurd capacity for status affliction!  With innate corrosive properties and a massive status rate, it's easy to mod it to also include viral and electrical damage with every shot, turning even high-level heavy gunners into so much jelly while pinning them down with paralyzing shocks.

Lastly, I'd have to put the Ignis in there.  There's nothing quite like incinerating an entire swarm of infested with a literal wall of fire, plus you can easily turn it to gas damage, or opt to toss in Ember's Accelerant to really cook'em while saving room for various other mods.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's hands down Tigris. This weapon when I finished crafting it for mastery showed me what imbalance means. Fully moded it can even be roleplay somehow.

Wait am I playing S#&$ty Defiance pvp? I'm mb a Big game hunter or smthing. Oh no chillax I'm on warframe.

As mentionned in op post I had great success with drakgoon too. ^^ There is also The MK1-Bo thing, but melees can kill mobs with the mods, the above mentionned wpns are quite bad at this.

Edited by Galuf

Guess i'll do my top5 aswell :)

5th:

IGNIS:

Let's be honest... a flame-thrower is a flame-thrower, everyone loves it! I can't think of a single person who, in a moment of hate against someone, didnt think about burning that moth**** fu***** down to ashes!!!

You can use it in cold tilesets, you can use it to warm your friends... and foes, you can feel hot while holding it...

And you can also say "i love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Priceless

4th:

MITER:

Can't really add much beside what OP said about it, so i'll remind you to it to cut it off. (lel)

3rd:

GORGON WRAITH:

ahahahah.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... AAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAHHHHH!! DIEEEEEEEE DIEEEEEE AAAAALLLL!!!!

RATAATATAATAAAA RATAATATAATAAAA RATAATATAATAAAA!!

*cant hear ya over the sound of my awesomeness*

2nd:

OGRIS:

You know... altought this gun as been nerfed it used to be godlike and, afterall, it's still a fuckin rocket launcher!!

There's nothing better than a well place rocket in da face to shut someone up.

Overall it's charging sound that let's you foretaste the devastation and you know you cant hold it, you cant hold it for too long! It.. gotta be... RELEASED!!

And then you hear the whistle of the rocket, flying to its target, bringing death & destruction and the final wargasm of the 'xplosion!

On top of this the Ogris is a Silent weapon. Yeah it's silent! Because after it strikes there's no-one alive to hear it.

1st:

HEK:

I've got to agree with OP about Hek too... in memory of old times this weapon used to be the King of Kings since it's release till U7/8

The moment you equip it you can feel the power flowing through your veins, you feel mighty, it excites you... hell dafuq is this a sexy toy?! almost.

The best part of this gun is its sound. Its BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! It's like if you were saying to your enemy: SHUT! THE! F***! UP!

What the Hek, this gun cant be anywhere beside n°1!

Awesomeness over 9000

Edited by Phoenix86

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update,

Looks like Drakgoon got fixed! I used it today and it can actually hit stuff up close now, the pellets don't just pass through like before. I kinda doubt it was an intentional fix because no one cares about Drakgoon, but whatever happened, thanks DE lol

A quick update,

Looks like Drakgoon got fixed! I used it today and it can actually hit stuff up close now, the pellets don't just pass through like before. I kinda doubt it was an intentional fix because no one cares about Drakgoon, but whatever happened, thanks DE lol

I care about it deeply! Happy to hear about this fix, though I never saw this bug. 

Recently started using the Opticor. Holy crap is that thing awesome! 400+ Puncture VANILLA! 

I haven't used Drakgoon in a loooong time, it definitely feels better now than before. Now I shoot a mob and they freaking die like they're supposed to lol

I was about to make a topic asking why couldn't DE just use Hek's "shooting code" for Drakgoon, and tweak it as necessary of course, but now it feels alright.

I need 2 Fieldrons for Opticor, looks cool. I just hope it doesn't become the new Boltor, with everyone using it 100% of the time. I don't really see people using Quantas though, and that thing is crazy strong, so that's a good sign.

Corpus 4 Lyfe!

Edited by DarkTails

I haven't used Drakgoon in a loooong time, it definitely feels better now than before. Now I shoot a mob and they freaking die like they're supposed to lol

I was about to make a topic asking why couldn't DE just use Hek's "shooting code" for Drakgoon, and tweak it as necessary of course, but now it feels alright.

I need 2 Fieldrons for Opticor, looks cool. I just hope it doesn't become the new Boltor, with everyone using it 100% of the time. I don't really see people using Quantas though, and that thing is crazy strong, so that's a good sign.

Corpus 4 Lyfe!

People are way too impacient for the Opticor to become the new Boltor. It's fun and does awesome damage, but the charge time and almost too accurate nature of the gun confirms it will likely remain a niche weapon.