Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Type/weapon

Okamibanshu88

So i thought of a fun gametype that might add something to the game. Not so much a 'kill or be killed' but more of a fun game style type. As in, its held in space. The mission is to get all the explosive devices hidden around a specific ship/asteroid feild etc into a special zone meant to neutralize them. This could be created in one of two ways. Either the bombs were put on tenno opprative ships or laid as a trap in the asteroids and tenno could get injured if they blew up, or the tenno are trying to stop a war attempting to be started by either the grineer or corpus. Possible version of this could include an infected version where the bombs have to be picked up adn planted instead of being disposed of to destroy large hives in space. Kinda a deadspace feel i know but could be fun and introduce new infected.

As to the weapon.

Astralus -cannon- This weapon uses pure energy based emissions to launch a dimond shapped projectile at enemies that upon contact creates a shotgun style effect sending up to 20 smaller shards in a cone from the initial impact zone. Possible high damage if enemy is large enough to engulf all shards, and nice heavy hit upon initial contact. The weapon would take on the look of whatever element is currently fixed to it, fire launches a flaming diamond, ice launches a frozen crystal and so on and so on. Color would be effected by the element, causing there to be no energy color option. This weapon would be a primary holding up to 50 shots in reserve, and have the same distance for shots as the karak. Rate of fire would be slow and each clip would have 4 shots in it, with 20 shards at the end of each shot. The damage impact would be high, but the shards would be low impact, with a high status chance. Basically this weapon would be an element payload style weapon. A way to infect enemies with your choice of element. Used primarily to combat the new 'immune' style enemies to elements.

You're basically asking DE for a space tileset and a variation of the Raid mission type.  They dropped Raid since it was boring: just go get one item from a specific place and extract.  The enemies did nothing to change the gameplay if you were to just bypass them.  The item was always a single item in the same place.

And as for the weapon, I'll probably see this compared to the Drakgoon or maybe even the Ogris.  I like the concept, but since dead bodies can block projectiles, this will be extremely buggy.

You're basically asking DE for a space tileset and a variation of the Raid mission type.  They dropped Raid since it was boring: just go get one item from a specific place and extract.  The enemies did nothing to change the gameplay if you were to just bypass them.  The item was always a single item in the same place.

And as for the weapon, I'll probably see this compared to the Drakgoon or maybe even the Ogris.  I like the concept, but since dead bodies can block projectiles, this will be extremely buggy.

....have you not paid attention to the new feed? space tileset is already comming with the new....oh what are they called, archewings i think. but basically its not a 'drop and run' style you'd have to defend it or the enemy would defuse the explosive, rip it away incase of teh infected. but same thing for removing the bombs. obviously the sabetours wouldn't want you to disarm the bombs, so they would be attempting to reclaim them so you'd have to have at least one or two tenno trying to defend the bombs while others gather. After all, you can't just randomly blow up a bomb, you have to do it safely. So in other words if you play the mission alone it takes say...one minute to blow up the device safley perhaps in some sort of container, and if you don't defend it the bomb will be removed and they will attempt to put it back in place.

As to my weapon, yeah but thats part of the thing. A dead body can always get in the way, it is realistic...even if they do tend to stretch armstrong all over the place from time to time lol. but i'd just love any sort of weapon that is more element focused then anything else. Because lets be fair, most enemies get killed by weapons appose to powers, at least in my experience. You have to save up your power for heavier hitters. kinda sucks but the energy regen is kinda weak in my opinion, takes four people with energy aura's just to even make it useful in most cases.