Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Info

d1sc1p1e

Question

hey guys just trying to get some specifics on hosting as i can't find any solid info on how the host is chosen.

so basically I can't, I'm only getting around .8 upload, so not enough but I can play sv fine with no lag, I just can't host. i've got a ton of keys I want to use and want to know if I join someone else's squad, then I chose the Void key will it then dump on me as host? or is the first person to host the squad the host?

I need, NEED, to get into the void but as of yet I can't solo past def wave 10/10 mins sv and haven't attempted to solo any T2 but exterminate.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

3 answers to this question

Only the host can choose a void key. The person who invites you/ chooses the void key is the host.

this isn't true for pc.

the first person to invite (while he's alone) is the host.

after the group is assembled anybody can use a key.

-----

supposedly the host election system should trigger as the mission is launched, but in my experience, it doesn't.

-----

so. for your problem, have someone else do the initial invites, then use your key for the group to use.

as i'm in the EXACT same boat as you. (very limited upload speeds) i use this frequently and can guarantee that it works.

(at least for pc)

this isn't true for pc.

the first person to invite (while he's alone) is the host.

after the group is assembled anybody can use a key.

-----

supposedly the host election system should trigger as the mission is launched, but in my experience, it doesn't.

-----

so. for your problem, have someone else do the initial invites, then use your key for the group to use.

as i'm in the EXACT same boat as you. (very limited upload speeds) i use this frequently and can guarantee that it works.

(at least for pc)

thanx man, have confirmed that this is legit, mean! now i can put all these keys(including the 60 or so OD keys) to use!