Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Destiny Thread... But Don't Worry, This One Will Make You Laugh Because It Makes Fun Of It.

weak_man_small_hands

get good laugh... and still have no idea what is that all cry about destiny... its some sort of a new game?...

right?

honestly have no idea whats that all "destiny" thingie....

[and this is first place - this forum - where I've heard about destiny - if it was ubisoft all topics mentioning destiny would be removed because of "promoting products of 3rd site companies"]

Behold, the most accurate video of all of them.

I think youtubes new and improved copyright strike bot I keep hearing about may have gotten to the video you posted. because it was muted for me. I couldn't hear a thing. and I tested it on another video as well.  that one had sound.

[and this is first place - this forum - where I've heard about destiny - if it was ubisoft all topics mentioning destiny would be removed because of "promoting products of 3rd site companies"]

If this were Ubishaft, they would CHARGE us for the right to be screwed when they remove any third party content. Oh,and their removal software would bug out ALL of their games and require us to wait for six months for a patch that wouldn't work for half the people who used it.

And then?

They would charge us again. Because they could and they are Ubisoft. They are the ONLY Game Publisher I know of who I would actually PREFER having the Corpus do it. Because even brainwashing cultists who revere technology and make great religious nutcases have limits. Ubi doesn't. They have charged players for the privilege of being screwed by them.

Not even RiotGames are quite that low. Almost, but not quite.

Edited by Kalenath

Ahhh been waiting for a thread like this, namely because I have a friend who throws his life away on Destiny only to be punished by the RNG after the soft level cap.

Let's play the Comparison Game!

Ghost: Male Pocket size Lotus (but having Lotus in your pocket in Warframe would be fun and annoying)

The Three Classes: Warframes but we have what 19-20? Top that.

RNG : Much like Warframes RNG but at least ours follows the rules of rarity (most of the time, damn you gleaming talon)

Weaponry : Much like ours except hey we can CRAFT ours

Player Ship load screen : Our Player Ship Load Screen but we can FLY ours buuuut only while loading

If I'm missing any please add on.

But the best arguement I heard from my friend is "Why don't you play Destiny its just like Warframe?"

Because I don't have to spend nearly 100 dollars for Warframe. I don't have to spend a thing. :)

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

Meh, I was going to get the game but after my brother beat it in one night, then told me the story won't finish until you complete the DLC, I just quit before I even got the game. I'm way to pre-occupied with warframe anyway. 

Nice video though! lmao. 

Ahhh been waiting for a thread like this, namely because I have a friend who throws his life away on Destiny only to be punished by the RNG after the soft level cap.

Let's play the Comparison Game!

Ghost: Male Pocket size Lotus (but having Lotus in your pocket in Warframe would be fun and annoying)

The Three Classes: Warframes but we have what 19-20? Top that.

RNG : Much like Warframes RNG but at least ours follows the rules of rarity (most of the time, damn you gleaming talon)

Weaponry : Much like ours except hey we can CRAFT ours

Player Ship load screen : Our Player Ship Load Screen but we can FLY ours buuuut only while loading

If I'm missing any please add on.

But the best arguement I heard from my friend is "Why don't you play Destiny its just like Warframe?"

Because I don't have to spend nearly 100 dollars for Warframe. I don't have to spend a thing. :)

My reasons isn't any you listed, but rather:

1) Warframe has more lore in game than Destiny. (Grimoire cards don't count as they aren't in the game itself) 

2) Minor point but no minigames or anything related. (Wyrmius,Happy Zephr, Breeding Kubrows and Dojo obstacle course)

3) Last but not least, NO trading. (Depending on the time you have to get legendaries, I don't have that time to farm 1000 hours for one gun)

4) Progression based on loot. (This makes the above not fun and RNG based leveling makes it worse, Warframes weapon Brakk pales in comparison)

5) Endgame is non-existent. (Raids can be but enemies are like high level survival in Warframe, bullet sponges that start downing in one hit)

Out of my 204 friends list on PS4, 198 are still playing since launch. The very thing they complained about Warframe is much worse IMO of Destiny. They tell me that its awesome but complain, swear, get beyond frustrated and say they are going to quit, most of their reasons are bizarre but the most common one is "Because everyone else is playing it".

More day 1 DLC.

Releasing unfinished games as though they were a finished product, claiming that "it really is finished - you just can't have the rest yet."

Worse still, they want you to pay more on top of the original retail price for which you thought you were getting an as-advertised product. I can never seem to decide if I'm more upset by the business practices or the low consumer standards.

It's genuinely surprising that people can't see the contempt in which they're held by the rich jerks who run these companies.

More day 1 DLC.

Releasing unfinished games as though they were a finished product, claiming that "it really is finished - you just can't have the rest yet."

Worse still, they want you to pay more on top of the original retail price for which you thought you were getting an as-advertised product. I can never seem to decide if I'm more upset by the business practices or the low consumer standards.

It's genuinely surprising that people can't see the contempt in which they're held by the rich jerks who run these companies.

Destiny didn't actually have any Day 1 DLC save for Pre-Order crap which is a dime a dozen and useless. The first expansion isn't until December.

If you mean the Season Pass, they just do that because it allows the Publisher/Dev to make more money. Bungie is saddled in for a 10 year contract with Destiny. It'll be expensive and ugly.

I fell for the hype sadly, but still had doubt after seeing reviews, gameplay, and waited, and waited.... and finally I saw. Its a sad sad POS in my opinion. I mean really an mediocre story  *I retract that statement, even Warframe has a better lore, more thorough lore as well. RNG to get better weapons, I mean come on Warframe has its far share of RNG moment too, but Destiny did it so much worse. Friggin hell this had so much potential, but it all crumbled down hard, 10 years worth of DLC, and that the only way to complete the story? What a cheap &#! cash grab. 

A game that been development for much longer than Warframe. Had a larger team than DE, as well as more funding behind it, and all they can come up with is 3 races that are generically the same, 3 classes with 3 abilities and nothing else in depth, and finally the majority of the the enemy factions with little diversity, and most of them being bullet sponges? Hell even Warframe bosses are more better, you atleast have to aim at a certain spot, not to mention each faction has something unique about it. Bungie I have lost all god dam respect to you. My respect for DE has gone up however. A small team that manages to accomplish a lot more than Bungie has ever done. Can't believe some people made threads that Destiny would steal the Warframe player base. Not even gonna compare PVP. 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Surprised no one has mentioned the story similarities. I don't know much about the Destiny story, but I think this is how it goes.

Story summary - Golden age - War - Collapse - Players reawoken by guide to restore balance

Destiny - The traveler comes and provides technological marvels - The "Darkness" comes and screws everything over, war - The "Collapse" - Players reawaken by guide ghost

Warframe - Golden age provided by the Orokin - War between Orokins and Setients - The "Collapse" - The Tenno get reawoken by their guide, the Lotus

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Destiny didn't actually have any Day 1 DLC save for Pre-Order crap which is a dime a dozen and useless. The first expansion isn't until December.

If you mean the Season Pass, they just do that because it allows the Publisher/Dev to make more money. Bungie is saddled in for a 10 year contract with Destiny. It'll be expensive and ugly.

The general consensus seems to be that the game was "clearly incomplete" as released. All that was handwaved with the season pass, but I do still consider that to be day one DLC - akin to what Bioware did with ME3.

I don't think players had the option to get all the "season pass" content on release day, so it may not qualify for the letter of the label, but I think the spirit applies.

It's one thing to release a game that feels more or less like it could stand on its own and then add to it later. Destiny isn't like that. One of my friends who bought Destiny put it this way (paraphrasing):

"It lacks a lot of what we were set up to expect, and now we're being told that we can totally get what we already paid for if we just keep paying money."

Games made on this type of business model take advantage of psychology to reap their profits. You already invested. They know you're likely to keep investing if they just tweak their sales pitch.