Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who else thinks we should be able to buy inventory slots for weaps and frames with credits?

-Wild_Hunt-

Do note that you gave an entirely random reply to my initial reply. With no real equivalence to what i said. Nor what the person in question said.

Your initial reply was another "carebear" comment without reading and understanding the post. Again, don't pretend you're something you're not ;)

You started it compadre, don't pretend you're somehow different.

Show me where there was whining for handouts? Or, show me where you were corrected about mislabeling something, and then jumped into a holier-than-thou rant about spending money.

It's not my fault I'm holier than thou.

Anything given away for free that other people worked to create is a handout. Everyone asking for F2P sans cosmetics is asking DE to make everything but the usless crap free to everyone who refuses to pay. If you really want it for free write your own code. :P

And I've seen a lot of players "quitting"(that is pretending to quit while watching closely) because of their need to be as good as someone who does pay, they want everything for nothing. Sounds like a handout to me. 'merica.

----

I've actually built almost everything the f2p way, (I'm saving my plat for new enviroments) and actually have wasted a bunch on rushing stuff(I'm kinda impatient).

I'd like to remind all the posters in this thread that this is a closed beta feedback forum. It's not a place to rally for causes, nor is it a place for bickering. If you're on this forum, you are a tester first and foremost.

Search for relevant topics before you start a new one, leave helpful feedback, and remember the rules and guidelines. If you really find it that difficult to do those things, wait for the game to launch officially before you start S#&$ting up the forums.

I do not agree with OP.

If you want the convienence, buy it.

The game has to make money somehow, or how will it survive? How will the Dev's get paid to create more content and fix bugs?

A lot of people seem to think game servers and Dev's run on happy thoughts alone.

This is called testing and/or quality assurance. In most companies it is a paid position. You have now convinced yourself it is a privilege to pay to do work.

Sweet! Gonna hit up my QA lead for some cash on Monday, I'm sure he's dying to fund our projects!

Yeah the devs really need to make a credit sink, like warframe repair after every mission or something. If credits were worth more they could start giveing more away for them.

Ya. At least something to spend my credits on to make them seem like something necessary for the game, you know? Also, I hope my question did not make me seem like a person who did not respect the devs or something. I have only the utmost regard and respect for the work they do to give us a game worth playing. I have really enjoyed this game so far over my winter break and will still play when I go back to college for the spring, and I am looking forward to this game's growth. I just wanted to clarify my intentions and I apologize to everyone I might have offended.

Wow. Its just so alien to me to think it is cool to trash a player who has given money to support an indy dev. That support means the servers stay on for players how can't pay anything. That support means we add cool new weapons, fix bugs and try to make the game awesome so that 'fun' comes out the other end.

Maybe I will come to understand this, but right now its like kicking a guy in the nuts who is putting (free, maybe delicious) food on your table. Some of you might have it backwards?

It's not my fault I'm holier than thou.

Anything given away for free that other people worked to create is a handout. Everyone asking for F2P sans cosmetics is asking DE to make everything but the usless crap free to everyone who refuses to pay. If you really want it for free write your own code. :P

And I've seen a lot of players "quitting"(that is pretending to quit while watching closely) because of their need to be as good as someone who does pay, they want everything for nothing. Sounds like a handout to me. 'merica.

I've actually built almost everything the f2p way, (I'm saving my plat for new enviroments) and actually have wasted a bunch on rushing stuff(I'm kinda impatient).

If you have a problem spending time to get the things you want you shouldn't play games in general.

I'm glad you showed me where people were whining for free stuff, it added a lot of weight and credit to your completely-deserved attitude of thinking you're a better gamer than everyone else. Well done. Parts in bold are bolded for their delicious irony as well.

2-3 free warframe slots and 8 weapon slots should be enough for a free player.

I really must object here! I have now 51 hours of gameplay and i already have 4 warframes without having paid anything (yet). Well, i have 1, 3 are still building that is. 8 weapons are fine on the other hand.

Sure, it would be nice having this feature for free as well but i certainly wouldn´t rant about it not going free.

Wow. Its just so alien to me to think it is cool to trash a player who has given money to support an indy dev. That support means the servers stay on for players how can't pay anything. That support means we add cool new weapons, fix bugs and try to make the game awesome so that 'fun' comes out the other end.

Maybe I will come to understand this, but right now its like shaming a guy in the nuts who is putting (free, maybe delicious) food on your table. Some of you might have it backwards?

People who donate to charity can still act like jerks, nothing says the two are mutually exclusive.

I'm just gonna leave this here: Allow you to buy a certain number of slots with credits but stop you after a certain ammount after wich you have to buy it with platinum. Not even gonna bother too much with this tread cause i don't want to deal with people complaining and acting witty...

A lot of users fail to read forum rules and guidelines before posting. Personally, if I ever ran a web-forum, I'd rule it with a tyrannical fist forged with iron, hellfire, and the tears of orphaned children.

Speaking of which, you guys need moderators BAD.

Maybe I will come to understand this, but right now its like kicking a guy in the nuts who is putting (free, maybe delicious) food on your table. Some of you might have it backwards?

I apologize that my question went so out of hand. I did not mean it to result in players and certaintly the admins feeling hurt in any way whatsoever. It is not like I wanted to demand everything to be free, but just voice my opinion. I am sorry if this thread has inconvenienced anyone in any way.

So he is a jerk because he have diffrent ideas and opinions about this game than you? okay...

Not at all, I whole-heartedly encourage people to have differing opinions, it promotes progress and development. If you can't handle people clarifying what you are saying without taking on airs and attitudes and talking down to those people, then you're probably a jerk. In this case, he is ;)

Now, coming back to the topic at hand, here's an idea.

Allow only a small number of slots to be purchased with credits. Maybe only one or two additional Frame slots, three or four additonal weapon slots. Any more than that, you have to use Platinum. This ought to be a respectable compromise.

Edited by PaleMinerva

It's all good. I am not shutting the thread down because you deserve a voice and opinion. When I see sniping at supporting players it gets borderline for me, but I understand it is emotionally charged. We've definitely been listening and want to make all players feel like they are getting what they want out of the game! I ripped out a few systems based on this feedback since we started closed beta.

Allow only a small number of slots to be purchased with credits. Maybe only one or two additional Frame slots, three or four additonal weapon slots. Any more than that, you have to use Platinum. This ought to be a respectable compromise.

I like this solution. Thank you for being civilized about it.

Not at all, I whole-heartedly encourage people to have differing opinions, it promotes progress and development. If you can't handle people clarifying what you are saying without taking on airs and attitudes and talking down to those people, then you're probably a jerk. In this case, he is ;)

So when you called another guy a hypocrite that made you a jerk aswell by that logic right?

About the topic:

Honestly its fine the way it is. If you don't wanna support the team making this amazing game, i don't see why you should be able to get just a big part of the game (As long as it doesn't include excluding gameplay for those) as those who does support the team and game.

This sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm currently sitting at around 400k credits, have purchased about 7-8 weapons, the two avatar image packs, and every blueprint I can, and there's nothing left to use credits on that matters. A limited credit-based upgrade option would be great with a soft-cap that requires plat to get past would allow for players to expand and experiment more before needing to spend real money in-game.