Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus System + Balance System - Working Together [Suggestion]

7grims

Recently we heard the dev's talk about the Focus system being put on a hold.

The main problem seem to be it was making frames and weapons even more unbalanced and even more godlike, totally game breaking.

I'm making this suggestion in the hopes it isn't as game breaking as it was initially thought of, and it could work for balancing the game difficulty at the same time.

Right now, high level players and even middle level players have no reason to go to easy planets like mercury and venus, nor to stay around middle difficulty planets, cause there's simply no challenge.

This system I made up hopefully will create an handicap so players can find challenge at all levels.

zeyO6uL.jpg

The idea would be for the mods to activate only in the presence of higher enemies.

So if we would go with a full maxed and modded frame to mercury, we would only have the first set of mods active.

This system also enables the frames and weapons to raise up in endless mission types like survival and defense, were each tear of mod sets would activate as the enemies get stronger.

In the image I make the example of a frame set up menu, but the same system would be in all weapons and pets.

------------------------------------------

I would also like to see a system, were the planet nodes get reduced to a minimum.

It is nice to have so many nodes and planets when you are completing the star chart to unlock all the planets, it gives content and stuff to do to the players, but it quickly ends up. And after you unlock everything, there is simple too many nodes everywhere, separating the players, making the feel nobody is playing anywhere.

I have no idea how to reduce this node problem, that should append right after you unlock all the star chart, but it would be nice to have it in a system that just reduces the mission types to 1 type per planet, maybe a recommendation system, or a most popular node system.

No more 3 defenses and 5 survivals missions on the same planet with almost the same enemy difficulty.

uEpL9zk.jpg

Edited by 7grims

Moved to a more appropriate section.

jeez ok, it was meant as feedback, but yah "fan concept"... :P

I am bringing up the problems that we know for so long about warframe.

Edited by 7grims

hmm. well. I definitely hope that Focus has absolutely nothing to do with putting more mods on your weapons/frame, or giving you any way, shape or form of more power.

I believe, and hope that focus will create alternate advancement...nothing quantatitive. EG: no straight up stat boosts, no +dmg, no +crit etc.

This idea is interesting, and plays well with DE's mod-turning-on feature from dark sectors. Good thinking. Clever idea but I'm not personally a fan of it; especially not for focus. If focus is just a way to add more mod slots, or stack more power, that will pretty much shatter any hopes I have for WF.

hmm. well. I definitely hope that Focus has absolutely nothing to do with putting more mods on your weapons/frame, or giving you any way, shape or form of more power.

I believe, and hope that focus will create alternate advancement...nothing quantatitive. EG: no straight up stat boosts, no +dmg, no +crit etc.

This idea is interesting, and plays well with DE's mod-turning-on feature from dark sectors. Good thinking. Clever idea but I'm not personally a fan of it; especially not for focus. If focus is just a way to add more mod slots, or stack more power, that will pretty much shatter any hopes I have for WF.

I'm not adding more slots in this idea, it haves the same as the current system.

And about the Focus system I know little about it, except for the Skill Tree as the dev's have mentioned, but even so nobody is sure what that skill tree will improve or modify in our frames and weapons.

So far from w/e is known Focus will give some meh abilities that can be used sparingly on a very long cooldown, nothing game changing really. (but it might change 10 times)

From what DE_steve said it would change too much, it would make OP players even more OPer, thats why they are rethinking the system I guess.

Pretty much what is said above. Personally I have less and less hope about the focus system as it does not seem to do what is promised, add an endgame and a reason to keep playing with high level gear. This is also kinda confirmed when in the dev stream Steve was asked by Rebecca "How does this (focus) differ from addtional power creep/obselesence" To which there was no answer.

im pretty sure the focus wont just be ADD more mod slots but eventually we will need more mod slots. Do we need them now heck no, out of the few mods we do have only a couple are REALLY used. Thats sad i mean WF should be about making unique warframes using these abilities but really we dont have to cause the enemies are so weak. EVen on the highest levels the games easy if you've played for awhile you have to go 50 plus on defense and survival just to get a challenge sometimes. But really we need more mods and more variety of them before we start adding mod slots IN my opinion

jeez ok, it was meant as feedback, but yah "fan concept"... :P

I am bringing up the problems that we know for so long about warframe.

I think the focus part is a concept, and your planet part is a feedback but can be seen as a concept.

I don´t agree with the enemies limit on your focus idea, more as a mater of personal taste, I want my powers to work for me at all the time, as I invested in them,

But for sure I am up for less nodes on the star map! One mode per planet

I think the focus part is a concept, and your planet part is a feedback but can be seen as a concept.

I don´t agree with the enemies limit on your focus idea, more as a mater of personal taste, I want my powers to work for me at all the time, as I invested in them,

But for sure I am up for less nodes on the star map! One mode per planet

Im not concepting the focus system, didn't invent it, its all from DE.

As for balance the only other ideas I've seen around the forums is making the enemies level up to the player level, but I don't think the dev's have ever showed interested in that kind of gameplay.

Meanwhile we have seen around some examples of the frames getting leveled to the enemy, and even the frames getting lower power in presence of certain enemies, this from some events that have happened. We also can see the current dark sectors conflicts using this system, of gaining up mods with progression.

Edited by 7grims

26-55!? Holy cow! I would stop playing Warframe all together if that was the case. I would literally have no where to go, play in this game anymore. I would outright drop, and never pay a dime again for this game if that happened. I like easy places to stay easy. Otherwise whats the point of playing without happy fun time once in awhile? I hated Excavation, and I hate the higher up planets due to extreme difficulty. There is no fun to be had for half the community when the whole game is too hard. There needs to be an option to turn off this scaling 100% without having to do some strange weakening of my own warframe just to do so.

I should be able to take whatever I want, and have it always on no matter how hard, or easy. Otherwise how would I test it?

Edited by Arlayn

26-55!? Holy cow! I would stop playing Warframe all together if that was the case. I would literally have no where to go, play in this game anymore. I would outright drop, and never pay a dime again for this game if that happened. I like easy places to stay easy. Otherwise whats the point of playing without happy fun time once in awhile? I hated Excavation, and I hate the higher up planets due to extreme difficulty. There is no fun to be had for half the community when the whole game is too hard. There needs to be an option to turn off this scaling 100% without having to do some strange weakening of my own warframe just to do so.

I should be able to take whatever I want, and have it always on no matter how hard, or easy. Otherwise how would I test it?

you do realize those are just numbers i suggested, like i thought about those for like 5m.

Nor DE is obligated to do it exactly as i said just cause i suggested it.

As the option to turn this on or off, it might go as simple as something like DE_steve as mentioned, focus lens; which would only apply this system, when you equip that focus lens.

But yah I do get ppl not liking this idea, they want balance, but they dont want too loose their OPness or their modding possibilities.

Edited by 7grims