Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerned For Excalibur

Eyeless

Of the changes I've seen very few frames remain viable after changes made to them

Rhino is the most popular frame still.

Frost can be built around power strength and still be a defender.

Trinity is an even better healer now than she was before, and her play is much more engaging - personal opinion.

Is everything perfect? No, far from it. But each change is a step in the right direction.

As I read this thread I can't help but be more concerned over Excalibur's rework than DE wants us to be. All we can do is do our best to spread across these forums what we want Excalibur to do and how we want him to do it. We won't know how bad it'll be until the patch is released, but it's better to tell DE what we want now than to wait for the patch, it'll be too late then.

Ignoring whats happening to radial blind, what we get here is a small buff to a mobility skill that sees little use anyway (its not often I find myself really needing to jump 7 meters) and the ability to 1 shot a larger crowd of low tier enemies, albeit with  a very long animation with no invulnerability.

The super jump (awful name) changes have potential, combined with a weapon with a large aoe air attack you could get things done, but if youre using most swords or daggers its basically just an improved means of running away.

As for the radial blind changes... Radial blind was effectively the ult for many players, massive CC potential, works at every level of combat, and despite not doing direct damage, it allows you to do a lot more shooty/stabby. Not to mention its a seriously effective way of getting out of trouble.

Tread carefully DE.

I still think they need to switch up excalibur and Ash. 

Excalibur is, in truth, the melee of the frames. Therefore Bladestorm would be a better idea for Excalibur.

And Ash? Well why not, as I stated in a previous thread, have it so that he does a Bomb of "Ash"? If you look up the effects of Ash from a volcano the effects are DEVESTATING and would make ash up to par with his name. Ash. 

I agree.  Personally, I would prefer if Super Leap was a Chanbara style attack.

Ignoring whats happening to radial blind, what we get here is a small buff to a mobility skill that sees little use anyway (its not often I find myself really needing to jump 7 meters) and the ability to 1 shot a larger crowd of low tier enemies, albeit with  a very long animation with no invulnerability.

The super jump (awful name) changes have potential, combined with a weapon with a large aoe air attack you could get things done, but if youre using most swords or daggers its basically just an improved means of running away.

As for the radial blind changes... Radial blind was effectively the ult for many players, massive CC potential, works at every level of combat, and despite not doing direct damage, it allows you to do a lot more shooty/stabby. Not to mention its a seriously effective way of getting out of trouble.

Tread carefully DE.

I really want DE to just get rid of superjump...  with the new air attacks it seems as if superjump is just gonna' be even more pointless if it's base purpose is remaining as it is.  I don't suspect Javelin will ever be of much use in comparison to other nukes, nukes are bad anyway they scale horribly. 

RB nerf is fine. IF they nerf Reckoning and Prism a long with it.

And no don't give the comment that "because they cost 100 energy !!!", they deal damage on top of that and even more utility.

You can cancel prism at anytime, thus using next to no energy or send the ball so far away that it effectively blinds more than the 60m RB without even using overextended. 

While Reckoning adds Radiation proc, that totally shuts off almost all auras on top of blinding survivors.

And not to mention a chance for health globe if the thrash mobs died from it.

So yeah

==================

But to the main topic's point.

I have seen the Dev ideas and they aren't too great to be honest.

I would much prefer if super jump allowed us to multi jump, so we can get a much better mobility boost.

Or maybe change it to something like a Boost, so that Excal moves faster and can jump higher in that state, not volt speed fast but certainly faster than normal.

Slash Dash should add to a combo meter and proc bleed or slow.

As for RJ. It's damage is still far too weak unless it is all changed to finisher damage and greatly boosted.
Ash at least get a short invulnerability during cast, but Excal is still stuck in a long cast time.

RJ better have some form of CC if it wants to be useful thanks to that 2 second cast time.