Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New And Revolutionary Idea.

CapnFusterCluck

We all love to play a certain Warframe. I know I love to play my Ash. He's my favorite frame of all time, and I even take him to T4 Defenses (who in their right mind would take an Ash to a T4 defense). And I thought of this random idea (while reading 1984, awesome book by the way): what if there was an official "Mastered" level for Warframes? 

What's this idea all about?

Well, I'm glad you asked. The idea behind Warframe is gaining affinity, or "a spontaneous liking for someone or something". I usually tie that to something that you like so much you almost master it. For example, I play Dota 2 and I have an affinity for playing Sven. I played him so much that I automatically know what to build on him and how to go absolutely ham on the enemy team depending on certain circumstances. The same can go for Warframes. If you have a certain affinity for a frame, you can go past level 30 and "master" the Warframe. 

However, I'm not saying that going to "mastered" level should give you more energy capacity. Options for going to this prestigious level are listed below. 

... OK, but what makes it different? What happens when you make it "Mastered" level?

Well, I was thinking of a variety of things (mind you, some of these don't have to be implemented). Here it goes:

1. Stat boosts or ability boost. OK, I know what you're thinking: "Dude, this is too freaking OP." No, it isn't unless it's some type of small (not infinitesimal) boost to a certain stat. For abilities, I'll take Ash. Once you've mastered him, all of his abilities are boosted. Smokescreen (his signature getaway ability), for example, will have its base duration increased to 10 seconds, once mastered (I think 12 seconds might be a little bit too OP); the amount of Shurikens thrown will increase from a base 2 shurikens to 3 or 4 (most likely not 4, but 3 will be OK); Teleport will have its range increased, in addition to a longer stun; and Bladestorm will keep its insane amounts of damage, but the radius of enemies hit will be increased based on the radius of the original enemy targeted (will be a bit OP, but I couldn't think of anything else). That's one of my propositions.

2. A "mastered Warframe" skin and/or "mastered Warframe" emblem. While not too great as the first option, it allows you to tell other players that you've mastered and put in the hours to level your Warframe to max level. For example, Ash (ok, bare with me, I'm gonna have to use Ash for the rest of this topic) will have a sort of skin that has Blades, Shurikens and Smoke design on it. The emblem will have the Scorpion Ash helmet, with the eyes of the Scorpion Ash helmet emblem changing depending on energy color. I was thinking about having a mastered Warframe syandana and new armor designs based on Warframe's theme, but that would be too much (or would it? dun dun dun). 

... Um... That's all I've really got, and I wanted to get this out there.

If you have any questions, leave a comment. If you want to hate, please don't. Give sincere comments (I know this is the internet, but.... Come on. Have a sense of decency). 

Thanks, and have a nice day. 

BTW: NO TL;DR is available, and shouldn't be.

yeah man, DIDN'T you heard about thing and stuff?

apparently there's this focus thing, kinda similar, being talked about for U15. personally I'm not into the idea, Forma already gives us a stat boost system for higher levelling, adding another one seems generic. now having separate and better achievements for levelling is a good idea. another loadout etc. is meh.

I think what they need to focus on is more more more, the weapons pool is too small.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

I think what they need to focus on is more more more, the weapons pool is too small.

wut

we already have so much filler. so many Weapons that don't have an actual purpose, they're just Mastery, and aren't different enough to be worth using over something else that you already have.

how can we need a ton more Weapons when quite a few of the ones we have don't stand out at all, and have nothing special about them?

(still waiting for Autoformatting to go die in a hole so i don't need to doublepost)

Edited by taiiat

yeah man, DIDN'T you heard about thing and stuff?

apparently there's this focus thing, kinda similar, being talked about for U15. personally I'm not into the idea, Forma already gives us a stat boost system for higher levelling, adding another one seems generic. now having separate and better achievements for levelling is a good idea. another loadout etc. is meh.

Sadly focus isn't perfected and wont be here for 15.. I cry...

It's probably gonna be 16, 15.5 if we're lucky.