Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Orokin Tower Keys Really Contain Void Energy? And Stuff

Pavelord

Third paragraph

Here you theorized a device that can put the physical medium into the void (do you agree that we don´t need void energy to enter the void?to no specific location), to imprint the medium with void energy that will give us acces to the void into a specific location. And we know that didn´t happen in Mirage´s Hidden messages, because the transcriptions are written in the parts you construct and are not given by the Lotus´ "reading" of the imprint. I´m not discarding this idea yet, but would need a bit more information.

Wasn´t the purpose of the corpus void keys to dive right into the void storm to loose the tenno of their tail and risk them to the void storm?, which is more dangerous than being inside a tower.

This whole Void imprint sounds like psychometry. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometry_(paranormal)

As I said when I posited the idea of a "Void Imprint" being the thing storable in a key, I defined the imprint as: "a representation of a complex concept imprinted on void energy" and then gave an example of such a concept being a location in the Void. Obviously the information stored in Mirage's missions was history/emotions and Warframe blueprints, not a location.

Also I agree that it must be possible to enter the void without "Void energy" otherwise we have a bootstrapping problem.

On a related note regarding "void-energy" I think it's important to define some concepts here so we don't run away with the idea of everything turning people into Tenno (Personally I don't think that simply being Void tainted makes you a Tenno but it's a common assumption)

I think the only way to think about void-energy is:

1. Exposure to the Void without shielding mostly kills, sometimes it binds to organic life creating a permanent connection to the Void which may cause exotic deformation. This is a function of the "storm" withing the Void.

2. Energy from the Void can be refined and stored, exposure to this is not the same as being exposed to the extra-planar-space-that-is-called-the-Void.

3. Tenno and Vor can act as a conduit channeling and transforming void-energy into specific effects in the physical world (And that effect is often defined and enhanced by a Warframe and Orokin Mods). These effects are also not the same as being exposed to the extra-planar-space-that-is-called-the-Void.

4. I would say that Orokin cells may or may not be using Void-tech (I'd say not) but ultimately they produce mundane physical energy.

Edited by SilentMobius

Agree on the void energy, I don´t believe Hayden Tenno and his particular strain of virus have anything to do with Warframe, but the technocyte virus seems to have a inherent relation with the tenno, hence I mentioned it as a defining element in the "tenno blend" of void mutation.

I built the case on orokin cells, on the concept that void energy inherits the "twisting" properties of the void, and with a analisis of the components for constructing potatoes and forma, which all have orokin cells at the core, and throw the analogy that the casing of potatoes and formas are to orokin cells, as the warframe is to tenno. Meaning that forma and potatoes repurpose/redirect or filter the void energy into a refined "twisting"; forma´s shape altering capacity and potatoes energy modification property.

I´m beggining to think that the void era came first and the power obtained from it pave the way for the orokin era.

Agree on the void energy, I don´t believe Hayden Tenno and his particular strain of virus have anything to do with Warframe, but the technocyte virus seems to have a inherent relation with the tenno, hence I mentioned it as a defining element in the "tenno blend" of void mutation.

I built the case on orokin cells, on the concept that void energy inherits the "twisting" properties of the void, and with a analisis of the components for constructing potatoes and forma, which all have orokin cells at the core, and throw the analogy that the casing of potatoes and formas are to orokin cells, as the warframe is to tenno. Meaning that forma and potatoes repurpose/redirect or filter the void energy into a refined "twisting"; forma´s shape altering capacity and potatoes energy modification property.

I´m beggining to think that the void era came first and the power obtained from it pave the way for the orokin era.

I don't think so. I think the relationship between technocyte material and the Tenno is purely in Orokin tech, nothing else.

I think that morphics are the cleaned and refined "living metal" and that forma is just that living metal inserted into a standard thought-directed unit of mechanics. I think that the use of the technocyte virus as an actual mutagen and/or contagion was abandoned by the Orokin right up until the Sentients War, when the ancients and Lephantis were created as a back-up plan in the case of Tenno failure or rebellion.

In short, IMHO safe technocyte derivatives are used in most Orokin technology including the Warframes but have nothing to do with the physicality of the Tenno.

Orokin Towers key, probably do take you a specific place, the corpus void key, probably not so much as it was used to travel through the voidstorm and confuse the tenno.

Janus key is clearly a Orokin key, how can you experiment on the void, if you don´t have access to it to create the keys that open it?. Janus key included, we don´t know if it is special among void keys.

Actually, that's not the case. The fluff from Arid Fear explicitly states that the Corpus went into the Void because it was difficult to navigate, not that the Tenno couldn't access it otherwise:

"This has two benefits: The Betrayers will be hard-pressed to assemble the co-ordinate data, and if they do, they will place themselves at great risk aboard a conventional craft within the Void Storm."

As you noted, the only two components needed for a Corpus void key are the datamass (which, by its description contains encrypted data) and the cipher (which, by its description is used to decode encrypted data). No "Void Energy" implied or required.

Expanding on that, there's no real reason to assume that most Orokin keys function differently, they just provide navigation data to Orokin towers instead. It's only the Janus key that demonstrates a function beyond that.

Additionally, Excal's codex entry tells us that the Void was where Orokin science and reason failed not advanced. Specifically because the more advanced they became, the worse their casualties became as the Sentients turned their weapons against them - it's why Tenno weapons are relatively primitive at their core (bows, throwing knives/stars, firearms, swords, etc. more advanced stuff like the missile and grenade launchers are the province of the Grineer/Corpus).

The Orokin basically regarded the void as hell, not a new frontier ripe for exploitation - note that DE's basically described the Void Towers as panic rooms, they fled there when they had nowhere else to go.

As you noted, the only two components needed for a Corpus void key are the datamass (which, by its description contains encrypted data) and the cipher (which, by its description is used to decode encrypted data). No "Void Energy" implied or required.

Expanding on that, there's no real reason to assume that most Orokin keys function differently, they just provide navigation data to Orokin towers instead. It's only the Janus key that demonstrates a function beyond that.

There is no "Void Energy" resource for it to be required in the assemble. It's highly likely that void energy is needed to make a specter and again there is not mention of it, so, I would say that for Tenno construction if void-energy is needed it is simply assumed to be available.

That said the Corpus Void-key is still an issue. perhaps mathematical navigation is possible but risky, perhaps non void-key coordinates are based on popular key signatures that are available to many. Maybe the corpus do have a way to reduce a void-imprint into a data-based approximation.

There is no "Void Energy" resource for it to be required in the assemble. It's highly likely that void energy is needed to make a specter and again there is not mention of it, so, I would say that for Tenno construction if void-energy is needed it is simply assumed to be available.

That said the Corpus Void-key is still an issue. perhaps mathematical navigation is possible but risky, perhaps non void-key coordinates are based on popular key signatures that are available to many. Maybe the corpus do have a way to reduce a void-imprint into a data-based approximation.

There also wasn't a "cipher" or "datamass" component prior to that event either and they haven't been used since, if the intention was that they use some hitherto unmentioned resource, it easily could've been implemented, because it was. ;-)

The only thing mentioned in both the briefing for Arid Fear and the description of the items is data (indeed, the briefing explicitly mentions "coordinate data").

There's no reason to assume "Void energy" or other such Macguffins are necessary. Even in the case of Specters, they're a "replicant cloned from a warframe" and the warframes are clearly stated to have been built around the Tenno after they returned from the Void.

There also wasn't a "cipher" or "datamass" component prior to that event either and they haven't been used since, if the intention was that they use some hitherto unmentioned resource, it easily could've been implemented, because it was. ;-)

The only thing mentioned in both the briefing for Arid Fear and the description of the items is data (indeed, the briefing explicitly mentions "coordinate data").

There's no reason to assume "Void energy" or other such Macguffins are necessary. Even in the case of Specters, they're a "replicant cloned from a warframe" and the warframes are clearly stated to have been built around the Tenno after they returned from the Void.

A Macguffin is something that furthers the plot without having explicit meaning. Given what is happening here is attempting to understand a lore-arrangement that fits all available data, not further the plot, it's not an applicable use of the term.

Hopefully you can see than "cloning" is not a term reserved for biology and the Specters are quite obviously energy-based so the description can be quite accurate without invalidating anything I've said. In fact the idea that the specters are based on projected void energy imprints of Warframes was constructed _because_ of that description making no sense on it's own.

I admit that the "Corpus Void Keys" from the Arid fear event (a very early event mind you) is an awkward one, but not insurmountable. After all if it was that easy to make a void key then they wouldn't be such a rare resource (As illustrated in the gatecrasher event) and if all you needed was the data contained therein duplication would be rife, so something notable is unexplained here regardless.

I don't think so. I think the relationship between technocyte material and the Tenno is purely in Orokin tech, nothing else.

I think that morphics are the cleaned and refined "living metal" and that forma is just that living metal inserted into a standard thought-directed unit of mechanics. I think that the use of the technocyte virus as an actual mutagen and/or contagion was abandoned by the Orokin right up until the Sentients War, when the ancients and Lephantis were created as a back-up plan in the case of Tenno failure or rebellion.

In short, IMHO safe technocyte derivatives are used in most Orokin technology including the Warframes but have nothing to do with the physicality of the Tenno.

I can see your point there, resources-wise we have been using infested components integrated with other technologies, as the virus is brought often by the community, i had troubles locating this in the tenno-warframe relation, so I put it there a bit toughtlessly.

I have started to speculate that morphics is actually a orokin-refined void resource, "living metal" just plainly sounds out of this world, and the void is the source for a lot of unconventional phenomena that ocurr within the universe.

Actually, that's not the case. The fluff from Arid Fear explicitly states that the Corpus went into the Void because it was difficult to navigate, not that the Tenno couldn't access it otherwise:

"This has two benefits: The Betrayers will be hard-pressed to assemble the co-ordinate data, and if they do, they will place themselves at great risk aboard a conventional craft within the Void Storm."

Additionally, Excal's codex entry tells us that the Void was where Orokin science and reason failed not advanced. Specifically because the more advanced they became, the worse their casualties became as the Sentients turned their weapons against them - it's why Tenno weapons are relatively primitive at their core (bows, throwing knives/stars, firearms, swords, etc. more advanced stuff like the missile and grenade launchers are the province of the Grineer/Corpus).

The Orokin basically regarded the void as hell, not a new frontier ripe for exploitation - note that DE's basically described the Void Towers as panic rooms, they fled there when they had nowhere else to go.

Hi, my statement on Arid Fear felt short of my undestanding of it, in a later comment I described the bluff correctly.

We agree there is no imply used of void energy for crafting of keys, and the only difference between keys besides the bigger size of the corpus key is the coordinates they have. Part of the thread is to analyze if Vor is actually firing void energy as the community usually imply, as it affects conceptual thinking for warframe powers in the fan concept forum, and future suggestions from the community when DE ask for recommendations on future warframes.

Indeed the codex entry tells us the void is where orokin reason failed, but it is also imply that it was long and cruel, and throwing a comparison with real life war, it has always pushed science and technological development by great leaps hence i mentioned they had time to make new science and reasonings with proof in their use of void for travel, camouflage and weapon development (warframes).

Let me throw in another in-lore concept: the "Void Era", now you can consider it analogous to the space era, the atomic era and the information era to name a few, in that they are periods of development and exploration in their respective fields.