Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Is Not Very Viable.

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

Well I tried my hand at mercury exterminate and as I was trying 4 times to get a 100% stealth run solo using my hikou prime, I realized stealth in this game is pretty shobby. It's great if you're in an open area, but when you're inside you have NO way of knowing whats on the other side of a door. You have to be really close for it to open and they might be right in front of you. I tried using my codex scanner and realized it doesn't tell me what's on the other side of a door either. Has anybody had the problems ive had or do i just need to practice?

Stealth is quite shoddy at this point in the game, and it's been like that ver since I started playing a year ago.

Personally I've also tried using my scanner as a means of looking through doors, or around corners, but all in all it feels like the maps and enemy AI weren't designed with stealth in mind.

For now, forget stealth. You can only "stealth" if you can turn invisible - that means Loki and/or Ash but that's just not true stealth.

You can set alert state to 0 again if they see you but... let's face it, that's one of the most ridiculous things this game has seen. Sure, you can switch of a siren... but then they magically forget the bleeding corpses of their buddies? Even grineer are not that stupid. Or at least they don't appear to be fully brain-dead. At least their aim is pretty cool, hitting targets moving faster than sound with easy (though sometimes missing stationary Tenno 3 times in a row... Ballista... just wow - again, if they hit and they mostly do, that hurts).

Edited by K_Shiro

Someone did a stealth mission on YouTube . Think it was called 100% stealth mission or somthing . He did Invis with ash but didn't do as many . Mostly just roll and sneak around the corner or enermys blind spot , attack with bows and all. . Did not alert them the whole game . He was good :p

Nah, stealth is just awful. You cant even hide from enemies because they seem to magically know where you are at all times

Stealth used to be a little bit viable, now every tiem you take a shot, the enemy AI becomes aware you are there because shots make sounds. This is so that anyone using loki can still be targeted by enemy AI while invisible. It was requested for a long time by many people.

You can reduce this chance of them being aware only if you equip hush / suppress at max levels, but even then they can still sometimes hear you unless you're using a paris kunai glaive setup etc

Edited by Somedude1000

It's not just stealth, full melee is crazy un-viable in the lategame as well. And by full melee, I mean having fun with the guarding/parrying system that was implemented with the sole purpose of making melee more entertaining. Unfortunately stamina is drained when you defend relative to the damage of the attacks you're blocking and your stamina doesn't scale well enough to keep it relevant in endgame content (yes, I use Marathon/Quick Rest/Warrior's Grip).

What Warframe needs is to start justifying other methods of combat in the lategame like stealth and parry so that everything isn't about spamming your strongest guns and powers with mod setups like Fleeting Expertise and Multishot mods.

If I wanted to play Call of Duty I would play Call of Duty (but I don't).

Edited by Soldatto

I tried it with my hikou prime and it helped but sometimes you come a cross a cluster of 8 guys and a couple spinning in circles, so they have no path they take and no way you can plan your move. Sometimes they don't even go through doors unless i leave them open for them.  Shameful. And last I remember, ninjas don't go invisible and run around slashing everyone, they take thier time and plan their attack with absolute silence with no superpowers

when 1 button can kill everything in 40 meters around your why bother being sneaky ? 

You can do it if you want, go all rambo and stuff, but some players would like to be sneaky.

These 2 playstyles can go along! (I'm convinced it can!)

I've been waiting for stealth improvements since I started playing. When, o when is Stealth 2.0 coming D.E. ? (and Parkour 2.0)

Well maybe if when you get detected they jump back in suprise so you have maybe a second to off them before they start shooting. The way they look now is the ship is full of 100% soldiers and nobody is doing anything besides patroling like they expect you. Maybe if you had one guy playing around with a console or doing some other type of action instead of contantly patroling waiting for you to come then i would have more of a fighting chance.

Edited by (PS4)TheArrowOfGod

you know what's missing with stealth?

enemy detection gauge.

because its nice to know when the enemy almost sees you.

we also lack stealth animation (like pressing C in watchdogs to stick to walls)

but i think the staff knows this and they dont want to make this game a copy of some stealth games out there.

The problem is that :

The tilesets are open, stealth mission need to have their own tilesets with detours and secret passages.

Not much obstacles to hide from the enemy like creates and boxes,

Maps have good lighting condition, they should have dark spots or shadows for you to move around on.

Enemies wonder around with no definite pathway so its hard to judge where they would go next,

No alternate routes since the map is very linear (crawling on the air ducks on ceilings or cables underground would be nice) rather than forcing your way through.

Stealth gives you no reward but you will lack reward since enemies are where loot are.

Sometimes in elevators you get to the next floor full of enemies right in your face and your whole stealth plan is ruined.

I hope we get stealth 2.0 soon.

Loki best build for stealth all the duration mods maxed and flow maxed all and potatoed of course and forma'd.

People do not want Loki and Ash being the only frames that can "stealth" when one of the games core mechanics is stealth.