Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Kubrows...

MadKirby

Question

Is all Kubrow breeding still random?

I recently bought 4 imprints. I wanted a tall and bulky kubrow. Didnt care about its pattern. I bought 2 identical imprints of medium bulky and the other 2 were identical of tall bulky kubrow (right what i wanted). I bred the 2 tall bulky ones, got the same colors and pattern (stripes) but he was medium, not tall !!!

Here is compilation of my 6 breeds:

Breed type: random

Size: tall

Body type: medium

Pattern: no

Breed type: random

Size: tall

Body type: thin

Pattern: no

Breed type: combined (tall, bulky, striped x2)

Size: medium

Body type: bulky

Pattern: stripes

Breed type: combined (1st breed + 3rd breed)

Size: small

Body type: bulky

Pattern: stripes

Breed type: combined (4th breed + 2nd breed)

Size: medium

Breed type: combined (5th breed + medium, bulky, striped)

Size: small

My conclusions are that imprints store just color, pattern, body type. Gender is 50/50 while size is completely random also.

Here is a pic of what I expected from those 2 imprints that I bought for 60! plats: 
fXA5tIM.png

But what I got was a huge disappointment. I spent 60 plats to get 2 imprints of kubrow who looks awesome. Two identical imprints. He was supposed to be a clone. But no, he had to be a midget...

People tell about DNA degradation, nothing is perfect, excessive cloning, the Grineer are getting brainless too, blah blah blah.

But this is a SINGLE GENERATION!!! You know what I mean...? What will happen after some time? Grineer will be cloning tomatoes? All this degradation stuff is exaggerated...

How has been kubrow breeding for others? Mine sucks :(

There used to be a bug where all kubrows were huge. I loved it. Sadly, it has been fixed.

The AI of kubrows needs to be improved too. They miss way too much attacks and dont attack unless you do. But that is another story...

The word I chose instead of brainless was censored, so I chose another

P.S. Is this the right section for this?

11 answers to this question

Height doesn't get stored in imprints, it will always be random. Same goes for gender.

Also, there's always a pattern on a Kubrow. Sometimes two colors are the same, so the pattern can't be seen. When you equip a Kubrow you can change their appearance. Ofc you need to have a color palette for them, there's one available in the market for 100k credits.

Imprints are not 100%, it just gives you a very high chance that they get those traits.

Edited by Amorax

The AI of kubrows needs to be improved too. They miss way too much attacks and dont attack unless you do. But that is another story...

I have never seen a Kubrow miss unless the target is killed before they hit it. Do you have screenshots/video of this? if so make a support ticket.

As for them not attacking unless you do that is intentional unless you are attacked. If you or your Kubrow were attacked and they still did not retaliate its possible their attack precept and normal attack was on cooldown. If you have video showing this wasn't the case and they will not attack at all unless you attack you need to create a support ticket.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/tickets/new

I have never seen a Kubrow miss unless the target is killed before they hit it. Do you have screenshots/video of this? if so make a support ticket.

Will try making a video of this. Usually happens when kubrow uses his standart werid looking attacks but enemy is moving. He keeps attacking the place where the enemy stood when he started attack animation. Kubrows could use Infested Charger-like attack animation.

As for them not attacking unless you do that is intentional unless you are attacked. 

Actually what I noticed is that my Huras stealths by default when near enemies and wont attack unless I break stealth. BUT what I also noticed was that it attacks only when I place death mark on enemy for example shoot him. Then he attacks the target I shot. The problem starts when I usually oneshot the enemy. Then kubrow gets confused and does not attack unless I mark another enemy. He kills marked enemy, then stops attacking again.

Would be nice if just even shooting in air would make kubrow in "attack" mode, making him attack all enemies in range, just like sentinels do, while reloading would put them again in "passive" mode, making them stop attacking and restealth again. And another very important thing. Kubrow should run and stay BEHIND you, not in front. I mean not when attacking but while in "passive" mode. Hate kubrows blocking my shots.

Actually what I noticed is that my Huras stealths by default when near enemies and wont attack unless I break stealth. BUT what I also noticed was that it attacks only when I place death mark on enemy for example shoot him. Then he attacks the target I shot. The problem starts when I usually oneshot the enemy. Then kubrow gets confused and does not attack unless I mark another enemy. He kills marked enemy, then stops attacking again.

The Kubrow choosing to stealth instead of attacking could be because of the order you placed the precepts on them. Sentinels will do weird things if the order of the precept is "wrong" like shade never use ghost because it busy retaliating or carrier never picking stuff up because its too busy thumping enemies.

As for the Kubrow not attacking after its killed a marked enemy if nothing is attacking you and you stop attacking to watch what your Kurbow is doing you may have inadvertently put your kubrow back into passive mode.

Would be nice if just even shooting in air would make kubrow in "attack" mode, making him attack all enemies in range, just like sentinels do, while reloading would put them again in "passive" mode, making them stop attacking and restealth again. And another very important thing. Kubrow should run and stay BEHIND you, not in front. I mean not when attacking but while in "passive" mode. Hate kubrows blocking my shots.

My Kubrow will go into attack mode if I use a weapon even if I'm not aiming at an enemy such as when I hit the melee key during coptering. It usually better able to find an enemy if I aim at them or actually hit. I don't know if I would want them tog o passive form reloading the firefight may still be in progress and you just need it to keep them busy while you move/reload and you will miss out on damage that could have been done to the enemy during that time especially for the weapons with long reload.

I agree that Kubrow need better understanding of their surroundings mine constantly block my shots so I pretty much have to move or switch targets if my weapon doesn't have punch through.

I also have issue with making them immune to the void lasers as they aren't immune to other environmental hazards and it their precepts and normal attack are on cooldown will just stand there getting shot/stabbed/slashed/bludgeoned to enemies. Forcing you to either save them if you noticed in time, have enough dps to take out the enemies or try to copter away hoping they come with you.

Yes you can use a maxed Loyal Companion on them and have Undying Will on your Warframe but that just seems counter intuitive. Kubrow are supposed to be living creatures unlike sentinels, if its getting hurt it should know instinctively move away from the hurt.