Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About T4 Vor And His Janus Key

likeitsillegal

Now I'm a bit late out of the gate so I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but after doing a few runs of T4, something really caught my attention about Vor's speech. He says,

"We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the void."

Now it seems obvious that he's referring to the Warframes and the Lotus, but I'm curious about something else. Is the Vor you fight in the Void really "the Vor," in the mental sense? Or has his ruined body been completely overrun by his Orokin tech and the tower's defense system? The latter concept actually seems really intriguing, considering it comes off as something from the Orokin era/Void calling Lotus out. Or is it just Vor going on a power trip?

Also, random note; the dialog window below Vor's picture where he says that has a spelling mistake; it's impostor, not imposter.

Vor also accuses us of misusing and even not fully understanding the Tower keys. Looking at how his Janus key gives him power, I started wondering if maybe we could tap deeper into this Void business and use the Key powers for ourselves.

For balance purposes of course. *whooozsh*

There was a lot of speculation about what happened to Vor because not ONLY did he go all "preaching energy being" but he ALSO started to speak in English - whereas before he spoke in the Grineer language. Some even thought that he had been taken over by the Neural Sentry and that was why he no longer spoke in his native tongue.

However, with the new starting experience he now speaks solely in English, and it's a real bummer 'cause not ONLY does it take out the one fully-Grineer-speaking character in the universe (unless you count Kril, maybe) but it also means that nothing is up with Vor other than he's gone mad. 

There was a lot of speculation about what happened to Vor because not ONLY did he go all "preaching energy being" but he ALSO started to speak in English - whereas before he spoke in the Grineer language. Some even thought that he had been taken over by the Neural Sentry and that was why he no longer spoke in his native tongue.

However, with the new starting experience he now speaks solely in English, and it's a real bummer 'cause not ONLY does it take out the one fully-Grineer-speaking character in the universe (unless you count Kril, maybe) but it also means that nothing is up with Vor other than he's gone mad. 

DE can't seem to make up their mind. First, he spoke English. Then, Grineer. Now back to English. lots of Grineer characters getting that treatment.

I'd be willing to believe the Janus key might have linked Vor to the rampant Orokin AI controlling the Corrupted. It'd make sense.

That's what I was thinking. It seems to have some awareness of his memories, though; considering Vor still recalls being cut in half. But I mean, how much do the Grineer actually know about The Lotus?  

Edited by likeitsillegal

DE can't seem to make up their mind. First, he spoke English. Then, Grineer. Now back to English. lots of Grineer characters getting that treatment.

That's what I was thinking. It seems to have some awareness of his memories, though; considering Vor still recalls being cut in half. But I mean, how much do the Grineer actually know about The Lotus?  

for that matter how much do WE actually know about The Lotus?

While it could be argued that he is under the 'tower' control, it is more likely a power trip. He calls his void key a "janus key" making him believe the void chose him to protect it. Also could be like Saren Arterius from Mass Effect, under control by the enemy, but believing he is doing it by his own free will.

The idea I subscribe to is just that Vor has gone mad. Death can do that to a person. He's really just preaching hellfire and brimstone without any real proof.

As for the English bit, I get why the do it: it's easier for new players to get into the game if their confronted with something more familiar (such as an enemy speaking English) rather than just throw them into the game and have their first villain interaction speaking what it basically gibberish. But, at the same time, wouldn't having the first antagonist a player meets speaking in their native tongue draw the player that much more into the universe of the game?