Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zero Suits And Stalker's Role In It - Facts And Speculations

-Vane-

You heard of those zero suits. But what are they exactly?

WARFRAMES - Warframes do actually nothing, as Vor said that Warframes are merely glass shaping the Tenno's future. Tenno are its divine energy.  

Now what's Stalker's role in it? 

We all know he's a modded Excalibur... Or is it? 

Facts we know for now:

- Excalibur was a first frame, but it wasn't said that he is a first attempt at making a warframe could Stalker be the first?

- Stalker is a low guardian, who was helpless in the Great War, ergo he was wearing a Zero Suit, he had no powers. After many many years he came back with his new powers, meaning he was studying the Zenurik artifacts.

- Tenno are helpless bugs without the proper mods on vs almost everything.

- Each Warframe is a zero suit which can contain specific Zenurik artifacts also containing armor and shield generator

- Tenno can only control the power of artifacts, meaning that Stalker couldn't do so, low guardians could be the first attempt at making a perfect warrior

- Some guy has boosted some other guys with the power of Void, allowing them to use the divine powers of Zenurik            artifacts

- Each Tenno can use many Warframes, meaning he just puts on a Zero Suit which allows him to use the power of matching Zenurik Artifacts 

Help me get more facts!

Edited by NyancraftG

How come? Explain. This thread is all about understanding Warframes, so share you knowledge, and explain why my speculation is wrong.

Um... It's not important, but how one Tenno can switch between female and male warframes? I mean look at size difference between Rhino and any other fem. warframes.

How come? Explain. This thread is all about understanding Warframes, so share you knowledge, and explain why my speculation is wrong.

Simply put, while I do agree with RoboDoge that each Tenno can only use the Warframe they are "bound" to, that is merely our opinion, and by no means detracts from your own. Your speculation is just as valid as ours, because when it comes down to it none of us really know.

Vor said that warframes are merely glass shaping the tenno's future

They shape their power. They harness their abilities.

It's implied that the tenno have latent power but cannot direct it and control it as well without the frames.

No idea what zero suits you're talking about.

This is not true.

In fact, by lotus messages telling us we have mastered different frames and now with the whole mirage quest, it is true since u14.

I cant find anything wrong in ops facts. But we can only guess how the stalker was able to manipulate not only his suit but also maybe himself. The artifacts can only be powered by void energy which we inhabit. How is he using the artifacts?

Edited by sp33chle55

Um... It's not important, but how one Tenno can switch between female and male warframes? I mean look at size difference between Rhino and any other fem. warframes.

Because the Tenno are pure energy. Vor emulated this, he wanted to become similar to us to escape his "slow decaying death" situation. He's a Grineer clone after all. Becoming energy solved that for him. Which means no more control for the Queens. Which would explain why they didn't want him to take that path, it allowed him (and by extension would allow ANY Grineer) to escape their "control", because he doesn't need "maintenance" anymore.^^

The Tenno can "fit" into any frame because we are energy, and gender is also irrelevant, physically speaking. At least that's how I see it. The frames are but mere catalysts through which we, the Tenno, channel our power. They only "shape" what their final form is. That's why any Tenno can be a Rhino or Nova without any issue. Because we don't have a body per se, so we can "fit" into any frame. Now, where the frames themselves come from is another interesting question. I think they come from "original" frames that the Orokin built. These originals were custom made for specific Tenno, but with them gone, so is that knowledge. So we're forced to "copy" already existing frames, because we don't know how to make our own personal one, that fits our personal "mind gender and style". Well, that's just my personal theory anyway, I might be TOTALLY wrong, wouldn't surprise me.^^

Edited by Marthrym

Zenurik artifacts (mods) are the ability mods that warframes use. Zero suits are warframe suits that can use artifacts but not ability artifacts

We don't know if zero tech suits are warframes.

All we know is they're not technological and they're worn by normal soldiers. They might be similar to warframes in that they're biological powered armor, but they're definitely not the same thing.

Agree with most of the facts here.

Also, regarding the poster who referred to the Frame genders, I think that's a big hole in the lore, and cannot be rationally explained. To fix it, genderswap, or custom frames are necessary, but I don't think it will ever happen, and I wouldn't advise it to, since each frame has a nice 'character' behind it.

The last DevStream avoided answering the question of whether or not Tenno can habitat more than one 'frame except to say that they are (obviously) aware it is a question, that there is an answer, but that we dont' get to know what the answer is yet. Personally I feel like there is more evidence towards the Tenno being individuals rather than some kind of spirit energy... thing, but it's ultimately up in the air until DE decides to shed light on the matter. 

It wasn't my impression from Vor that the 'frame is completely useless either; the agelessness, and magical powers come from the Tenno. The Warframe is supposed to help hone their abilities as well as offer some amount of physical damage mitigation. I assume that the Warframe is the reason we can equip mods as it would logically make sense, but there's nothing saying that isn't just a gameplay mechanic either. If the Focus system ever comes out and is described as 'leveling up' your Tenno's natural physical prowess I could start making that claim with more authority. 

The Tenno are supposed to be 'touched by the void' or infected with the technocyte virus. If Dark Sector is any example, the Warframe is built around the Tenno organically, rather than an outfit or armor someone puts on. I think Excalibur's lore entry contradicts that with the line "We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction" which would imply to me that the people in charge at the time (the Orokin) actually physically built the Warframes around the infected humans/whatever that became Tenno.

Another theory I sort of like, but have no evidence to support, is that the Tenno can actually infect other people with the technocyte virus if they are removed from their 'frames. The most recent story with Alad V sort of supports this as he is shown selling our body parts, messing around with Valkyr, and producing Zanuka. The next time we see him he is quite clearly infested. He claims to have a method of controlling them as well as a focused... infested laser beam. I like to think the infested are controlling *him* and he just thinks he's in control. 

*EDIT: Vor did not state that Tenno are pure energy. He stated that Tenno are the power source of the Warframe, rather than the other way around. Whether or not Tenno are physical beings (human) or pure energy is still up in the air until DE decides to address that in their story. 

Edited by Acos

There is an answer to your so called gender swapping. There is no gender swapping, just putting on a different suit. Period.

The wearer and the suit can have unmatching genders like nadia sudek in her nemesis suit in warframes spiritual ancestor. The end.

I'm pretty sure that the name "Zero Tech suit" (From the Mag Prime Codex) is nothing special, I see no reason to assume it isn't simply inferring that the suit "contains zero technology", that is, a simple pressure suit with ballistic armour so the Sentients can't "turn it against them" (Much like sticking with melee, and chemical slug-throwers). Warframes do contain a _lot_ of technology, all powered and (seemingly) protected by the physics-defying power of the Void (coming from the Tenno pilot, as Vor says) but they certainly contain Orokin technology.

I'd also like to throw in my opinion that the game only really works from a single-Tenno-per-player perspective. If I were designing a LoL-style game where the players were collecting characters (Tenno-bound-into-one-Warframe) Then I would not design it with so many requirements for a single character POV as Warframe has.

IMHO the lore-reason that Tenno have no shape-related issues moving from one Warframe to another simply hasn't been revealed yet.

I'm going to say that IMHO the Stalker most likely exposed himself to the void and stole an Excalibur Warframe from a sleeping Tenno during the hundreds of years it was active while the Tenno slept. Given how bitter, twisted and crazy he is it fits the profile.

Edited by SilentMobius

I'm pretty sure that the name "Zero Tech suit" (From the Mag Prime Codex) is nothing special, I see no reason to assume it isn't simply inferring that the suit "contains zero technology", that is, a simple pressure suit with ballistic armour so the Sentients can't "turn it against them" (Much like sticking with melee, and chemical slug-throwers). Warframes do contain a _lot_ of technology, all powered and (seemingly) protected by the physics-defying power of the Void (coming from the Tenno pilot, as Vor says) but they certainly contain Orokin technology.

I'd also like to throw in my opinion that the game only really works from a single-Tenno-per-player perspective. If I were designing a LoL-style game where the players were collecting characters (Tenno-bound-into-one-Warframe) The I would not design it with so many requirements for a single character POV as Warframe has.

IMHO the lore-reason that Tenno have no shape-related issues moving from one Warframe to another simply hasn't been revealed yet.

I'm going to say that IMHO the Stalker most likely exposed himself to the void and stole an Excalibur Warframe from a sleeping Tenno during the hundreds of years it was active while the Tenno slept. Given how bitter, twisted and crazy he is it fits the profile.

Here, take all my upvotes!

upvote.gif

Edited by sp33chle55

Simply put, while I do agree with RoboDoge that each Tenno can only use the Warframe they are "bound" to, that is merely our opinion, and by no means detracts from your own. Your speculation is just as valid as ours, because when it comes down to it none of us really know.

Tenno are pure energy, therefor they do not have genders and possibly, they can morph themselvses ( no evidence to support this).

In fact, by lotus messages telling us we have mastered different frames and now with the whole mirage quest, it is true since u14.

I cant find anything wrong in ops facts. But we can only guess how the stalker was able to manipulate not only his suit but also maybe himself. The artifacts can only be powered by void energy which we inhabit. How is he using the artifacts?

Interesting question. Perhaps Stalker can manipulate the artifacts he find on corpse of dead Tenno.

Edited by NyancraftG

In fact, we cant be energy because we leave corpses to be examined when we die and every boss in the system wants our flesh. Vor gets quoted wrong and without context, thats why some believe he thinks we are energy. In fact he just told us that we power our suits and its nothing without a tenno inside.

Respectfully, I disagree, as there is no physical evidence other than the word of a Grineer that may or may not be full of it to back it up. I respect your opinion and theory, but it differs from my own, which is just as viable as anyone else's.

Kril also seems convinced that we can bleed as well. Or getting hammered(connotation is questionable >.>) in our suits.

Respectfully, I disagree, as there is no physical evidence other than the word of a Grineer that may or may not be full of it to back it up. I respect your opinion and theory, but it differs from my own, which is just as viable as anyone else's.

In this I agree with @PsychedelicSnake, but I'd go further. I _do_ think we can trust what Vor is saying but I _don't_ think he is implying anything about the Tenno's physical form, he is simply being overly dramatic about the base idea that the Void-energy that powers a Warframe comes from the Tenno.

Given how over-blown Vor's dialogue is all through the intro. I think we can accept that Vor most likely had the right idea _but_ is not suggesting that Tenno are literally energy any more that Warframes are literally a glass.

As I've said I do think that we are one-Tenno-per-player-with-many-Warframes but I don't think the idea of "Energy Tenno" stands up to scrutiny.

Edited by SilentMobius

As I've said I do think that we are one-Tenno-per-player-with-many-Warframes but I don't think the idea of "Energy Tenno" stands up to scrutiny.

It can in Titan A.E.

3703422-4976333666-titan.jpg

Besides we have never seen whats under the warframe. So what a Tenno really is still stands as a mystery, and they could very well be just about anything.