Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur And You: A Guide To Upcoming Changes

DE_Adam

I'm still confused how anyone can call Radial Blind's change a nerf, or that it makes the ability useless.  It was flat-out broken before, as with proper modding it was possible to blind an entire tileset.  Which was stupid.  Sure, you're use to it in it's broken state, so for you, it feels like a nerf, but it was never intended to be used in this fashion.  So it's not a nerf, it's fixing something that's broken.

(And for the record, yes, it is broken.  Blinding whole tilesets for relatively low energy cost that's spammable is OP as hell.  Most frames wish they had that level of CC going on)

Ehh... ok

here :

2GaI4nc.png

This is your spammable, OP ability, that costs 12 energy and covers 60 meters.

...and lasts for just couple of seconds. Yeah You can spamm it. But don't forget after 5s stun enemies will shoot on hearing alone - stray bullets can hit you, which on higher levels is deadly. In comparison I much more preffer Radial Disarm costs about 2x more and covers a little less gorund but guess what ... it also goes through everything and it last forever. If You aren't a log You can dodge without much effort and finish off enemies that run around you with nothing more than just melee weapons. 

For the time beeing this was Excal only useful ability (aside Slash dash used for mobility, but a lot of players prefer to just copter).

With changes as we heard of them it WAS nothing more than a nerf. Gradually DE has given more thought to it and an ear to players that actually use Excal and they proposed a little bit more utility to his other skills. Good move DE if I can say so.

We just want our frame to be viable. You want to fix broken ability, start with time caping Radial Disarm. No other ult has such advantage.

And poor Ember desperately needs some other defensive move. Accelerant is not bad for stun, but it forces You to use fire based weapon. I thought whole point was to make diffrent builds viable. For now I don't see it.

Oh and Frost - after the "fix", his globe is the only skill that is dependent on so many variables. No other skill has this. If U ask me that is still broken.

well first i'd like to say it's nice to know you guys are working on excal, as he's been needing some reworking for quite a while, on the other hand, i have to say that, while mostly positive, the changes mentioned here don't seem to be enough, and a few seem to be going in the wrong direction in my opinion, and not mentioning slash dash is kinda weird as it needs nearly as much help as excal's other abilities, and also that, like some pppl mentioned here, excal doesn't need just a skill rework ,he also needs a little stat tweaking.

with all that said, here's my ideas for a excalibur rework, which i've actually had for quite a while, just never got around posting.

FIRST, THE STATS

now while some may think excal has average stats he actually has subpar ones, he's a bit too squishy, and for some reason has lower stamina than every other warframe (most frames have base 100 stamina, the exceptions are excal, valkyr and hydroid; excal has base 80, the two others have base 150), so:

we go from this:                to this:

health: 100                       health: 100

shields: 100                     shields: 100

energy: 100                      energy: 100

armor:65                          armor: 100

stamina: 80                      stamina: 100

speed: 1.0                        speed: 1.0

this way he'll have normal stamina and be more durable, without delving into tanky territory.

SECOND, THE ABILITIES(kinda)

now before i get into detail on the actual skills, i have to explain a particular status condition i came up with, it's kinda long to explain and might be kinda complicated to implement, but it's functioning is not as complex as it may seem.

MAIMED: all affected enemies have an overall change in behaviour; all grounded enemies will limp when walking/running, be unable to jump as much, and have overall "clumsy" locomotion, while flying enemies will fly lower and with less flight control (this should effectively reduce enemy movement speed by around 15% for "humans", 20% for robots, and 25% for infested).

enemies will also be less agressive, attacking a little less often, and have slightly reduced accuracy, while also having a higher tendency to go behind cover when applicable (robots and infested don't go behind cover normally, so they won't be doing it now either).

special effect: knockdown interaction

on "humans": all "human" enemies knocked down while maimed/impaired will go into a "downed" state (NOT bleedout, they keep their normal health/shields/armor) that lasts about 5 seconds (this includes the couple seconds they'd be incapacitaded by the knockdown, so the "downed" state actually lasts about 3 seconds, they also automatically get up if the maimed/impaired status expires and they can move already), they can attack you while downed(as well as move very slowly, just like tenno/rescue-targets), but have reduced accuracy(lower than when just maimed/impaired), and will make getting cover their top priority.

on robots and infested: they simply take about 2 times longer to recover from a knockdown.

on all flying enemies: flying enemies are forced to fly along the ground for around 3 to 4 seconds after being knocked down.

this is an ability only status, just like blind, and it's duration is defined by the ability that caused it; it should be noted that this status does NOT stack, but reapplying it while active will refresh it's duration.

OK NOW REALLY FOR THE ABILITIES:

SLASH DASH:

first of all, make it so slash dash freely passes through enemies no matter what (this includes shield lancer shields), it shouldn't pass through walls/solid objects though, only enemies.

second, change speed/duration to 45/50/55/60 mps for 0.35 seconds (current is 30/32/34/38 mps for 0.55 seconds); as before, power duration affects speed but NOT the actual duration; range stays as is currently.

make it so slash dash uses the melee combo multiplier, and add a 20% dmg bonus to blinded enemies, multipliers are additive (example, you have a x2 combo multiplier and hit a blinded enemy on a maxed slash dash, you deal 500 x (2 + 0.2) = 1100 slash dmg)

slash dash increases the combo counter by 1 per enemy hit, but only uses the multiplier one has on cast, it does not increase dmg during the dash itself. base dmg is the same as currently.

finally, remove any chance for bleed proc(the multipliers should take care of dmg), and add 75% chance(90% chance on blinded enemies) to inflict a 7/8/9/10 second maimed status on any enemies hit, any enemies that make direct contact with excal's energy skana get a forced maimed status (also 7/8/9/10 seconds), maimed status duration is affected by power duration mods.

RADIAL BLIND:

i definetly get where you're going for this one, and it does make sense to make it not able to go to rooms separated by walls, there's something i'm not sure of though, what if the room is separated by walls, but has the door open in a position that it'd let the radial blind's flash in? would the enemies still be blinded or not?, if anything i think making it not be able to go through walls, while letting it go through everything else(be it some obstacle, something from the environment, other enemies or whatever), would be the best course of action, it really wouldn't affect it that much after all, reducing it's range a little bit wouldn't hurt that much either, now don't get me wrong, anything below 20meters(right now it's 25 meters) would be too big a reduction.

now for some things i'd add to radial blind:

radial blind would "reset" the enemies's AI once the blind ends, that is, return them to "unaware" status, thus allowing excal to escape if he manages to go unnoticed; this wouldn't override security alerts, so they'd try looking for you as soon as posible if the alarms are still on.

make it so the light/AoE lasts for 1.5 seconds(affected by power duration) reapplying the effect every 0.1 seconds (the effect is applied at the START of the tick period, so it'd be 15 times in 1.5 seconds, applying the effect at the start of the flash but not at the end), already blinded enemies would NOT be "re-blinded" with the same cast, this is for enemies that get in range or appear from behind walls while the flash lasts

also, if anyone needs an explanation for radial blind's light passing through pretty much anything, the void defies logic, so we can say radial blind uses " the void's light", and thus it's light would defy logic, besides, i don't see anyone complaining about how ember makes fire without fuel, and no oxygen is NOT fuel.

SUPER JUMP:

again, i get were you're going for this one, and in fact i think it's definetly going in the right direction, but it doesn't quite feel like enough, and super jump still doesn't feel like much of an ability.

regarding the mentioned reworking, i think the stun fits perfectly, but i'm not so sure about the invisibility, i understand it's for escape purposes but it feels weird, i think the best option would be to make the invisibility last exactly 1 second unnaffected by power duration(it'd start when cast, then end at the jump's apex) and give it no visual effect, this way it'd have the effect of excal making an "unnexpected move", hence enemies not seeing him until he is high up in the air, and wouldn't really be an invisibility skill, which really wouldn't fit excal (the invis i mean); not to mention it's not like we have much trouble with getting shot in the air anyways.

now, in addition to the avobe, there's some other things i'd do with super jump, to be precise.

change the jump height to 4/6/8/10, affected by power strenght as before.

make it so super jump can be use at any time(excluding while in midair of course), this would make it so super jump does a "super version" of whatever kind of move pressing jump at any given time would trigger, to be specific:

when jumping normaly it's just super jump.

when jumping while wall running  or wall clinging it'd do a super version of what happens when you let go of the jump key (a super diagonal jump for wallrunning, and a super backflip for wall clinging)

when sliding, it'd be a super frontflip.

all of these would more or less respect the normal direction the moves take, not just go further upwards.

special move, super slam(costs 10 or 15 energy): when using super jump (after the 1 second delay abilities getwhen you cast it, which coincedes with the jump's apex), you can press the skill key while in the air to trigger a "super slam", this is similar to a normal melee jump slam, but excal uses his energy skana, which has the same energy trail it gets in slash dash and radial javelin, excal also gets the same energy trail he does when using slash dash/super jump, and a small diagonal parabolic energy field under him(somewhat like the one in slash dash,  but much smoller and wiht a more "concentrated" look), note that you would NOT be able to trigger the "super slam" unless you used super jump to get in the air. the effects are the following:

the move accelerates excal greatly, but without altering his trajectory, he will move in the same trajectory he would if he used a normal melee jump slam, but much MUCH faster (about 3 times faster), the acceleration is unnaffected by power mods.

the move has a 0.5 meter radius AoE around excal where it deals 80/95/110/125 slash damage, and will freely pass through any enemies it  hits in it's way, it will keep going untill it hits the ground.

once it hits the ground, it makes a 5/6/7/8 meter radius shockwave (animation would be different from heavy impact, it wouldn't go along the ground and be overall more spectacular looking) dealing 140/160/180/200 damage damage (50% impact 50% blast) with forced blast proc on all affected enemies.

all damage is affected by power strenght, and all AoEs are affected by power range.

as you may have noticed, using just super jump would still cost only 10 energy, but using the super slam would cost extra energy for the extra effect.

RADIAL JAVELIN:

now, i get this power needs reworking, it definetly does, but i think it's not being done the right way, taking away the throwing-javelins factor takes away from it's uniqueness and feel, and the stagger really doesn't cut it, as it really only makes it usable (as you're less likelly to get yourself killed during the recovery animation), not to mention loosing the bullet attractor + radial javelin combo would be a shame.

now for how i think it should be reworked:

first of all, reduce the post-cast animation time, it takes too long, it'd be ideal to make it last the same as the cast time(both would last about 1 second)

radial javelin shoots a MINIMUM of 7/10/12/15 javelins, which will target the FARTHEST enemies within range, more than one javelin can target an enemy if there's less that in range than the amounth shot, and more javelins are shot if there's more enemies within range(no real target limit), all javelins will freely pass through anything in their way untill they reach their targets. (minimum javelin count is unnaffected by power strenght)

the javelins deal 800/900/1000/1100 damage to their targets (50% puncture, 50% slash; affected by power strenght, uses the melee combo multiplier), and 50 damage to any enemies they hit in their way (again 50% puncture 50% slash, but unnaffected by power strenght, and doesn't use the melee combo multiplier); note that radial javelin does NOT increase the melee combo counter.

all damage gets a x1.2 multiplier when hitting blinded enemies.

when the 7/10/12/15 FARTHEST enemies within range(that are not knocked down or "downed") are hit by their designated javelins they are forcibly ragdolled/pinned to walls, regardless of whether they were killed or not by the javelins; all other enemies are affected by the javelins as if killed by them, that is, they have the same chance/conditions to be pinned to walls they'd have if killed even if they are not killed. note that bosses can't be pinned to walls/are inmune to ragdoll.

all enemies pinned to walls will be stuck there for 7 seconds (unnaffected by power duration), after which the energy skanas/javelins will disapear(both the ones on pinned and not-pinned enemies).

all enemies impaled(that is, all that got a javelin shot directly at them, not just the minimum javelin targets) while knocked down or "downed" are pinned to the ground for 7 seconds(again, unnaffected by power duration)

all enemies hit will get staggered and slightly pushed backwards(somewhat like an impact proc, but also take a few steps backwards, the whole thing would last for about 2 seconds, unnaffected by power duration); pinned/ragdolled enemies will be similarly stunned(they'll just be incapacitaded for a couple seconds though)

all enemies impaled get a  7/8/9/10 second "maimed" status on hit(affected by power duration), this also results in all ragdolled enemies going into "downed" state,due to the status's interaction with knockdown; the pinned enemies don't go into "downed" state, but get similar effects, they too can still shoot at you, and get both the accuracy debuff and reduced agressiveness, but(obviously) can't move while pinned.

interaction with bullet attractor: only the 7/10/12/15 minimum/farthest-targets javelins are affected by bullet attractor, when this happens they'll instantly change their target to that of bullet attractor, thus won't be passing through it and will do full dmg/cause the corresponding effects.

Edited by phazefox

I'm still confused how anyone can call Radial Blind's change a nerf, or that it makes the ability useless.  It was flat-out broken before, as with proper modding it was possible to blind an entire tileset.  Which was stupid.  Sure, you're use to it in it's broken state, so for you, it feels like a nerf, but it was never intended to be used in this fashion.  So it's not a nerf, it's fixing something that's broken.

(And for the record, yes, it is broken.  Blinding whole tilesets for relatively low energy cost that's spammable is OP as hell.  Most frames wish they had that level of CC going on)

So why couldn't they just reduce the radius?

According to you, the range is the issue.  According to most people, the range was the only issue.  They're not nerfing it's range.  If I have LoS to a target at the other end of the tileset, I can still blind him.

DE changes are VERY thought-out *rolls eyes*.

A lot of very interesting suggestions/feedback!

I like the fact that Excalibur gets some love <3

I like the Radial Blind change (more realistic), but i fear that with the enhancements of his fourth, it fades away rather quickly. I always dreamed of a launchable flash "grenade", making it an introduction to Vauban's devices:

Excalibur sends a small projectile with a lob trajectory. With a second push, he detonates it. The blinding light is released and shine (like a SOS maroon), blinding every enemies who tries to fire in this direction (i.e.: precision near to zero). Could be used to protect an objective, or before reviving an ally.

This wouldn't be clouded by the new Radial javelin.

For the Super Jump... Yeah! It's a good introduction to both Zephyr's first and Ash's second abilities. So, I'm in.

If a improvement to suggest: rather knockdown than knockback. I like the "heavy impact" at launch.  I hope that range mods will increase the AoE of this! :D

Radial Javelin: seems cool!

I had the idea to use the currently "non-used" javelin to fly around Excalibur (instead of being wasted or double hit an enemy) and pary incoming damage (meaning that the less javelin hit enemies, the more protection XK would have). Like the hero in Final Fantasy 15 if you know what i mean. I still would totally love this (the visual could be amazing too), but the plan in this first post seems good for a full offensive rework.

And finally Slash Dash. I loved the attack of one of the two grineer lieutenant in the Gate Crash event (Sprag or Venk'ra). It was like a slash dash but with a gimlet. I'd like it on XK a lot. But whatever, that's not my main suggestion. The thing i'd love would be to be able to launch slash dash as a deadly Finisher if targetting an enemy while in the air. Something like a huge 1 target damage (no AoE for this like Dive Bomb of Zephyr). The animation could be like the gimlet thing seen above (gimlet comet @_@)

This is why i suggested "knock down" for Super Jump. Imagine: SuperJump, target an enemy, Slash Dash, and boom, huge special finisher of Death!!!

Would be amazing for heavy units and bosses (because slash side-effet).

Of course, many suggested it, but it would be accurate that Slash Dash would take into account the melee build like for Hysteria.

Yeah yeah, just dreamin'. :)

Thanks for sharing the changes anyway!

RB's implementation may be unintentional and strange but that misses some very important points, or realities:

1)  A lot of people like it that way.

2)  A lot of the game is that way.

3)  It's been that way all throughout Warframe's rise to success.

Which, exposes the arbitrary nature of all this "balance"(I have less flattering terms for it).  What's more, players have strong opinions for or against it.  DE risks turning a large portion of the player base into losers ... again.  A small vocal minority is constantly working the forums, tearing the game down, always clamoring for Darksoulsextracreditsframe.  Meanwhile, the majority goes on playing and enjoying Warframe, not the forum wars, wanting improvements but not total rewrites or the destruction of their fun.

DE has the terrible habit of catering to this vocal forum faction at the expense of everyone else.  That's not positive, at all, it's quite negative in a variety of ways. Acting on player feedback is good.  But when it's done in such a way that one player faction wins and another loses, that is not good and I don't see the neccessity. 

If these Dark Souls and Extra Credits(or whatever we want to call them) ideas are so great then why not put them to the test in their own sandbox and let the player base make it's own choice?  Why impose them on everyone when not everyone wants them?  It's not as if the ideas in question don't exist in other games.  People could be playing all those other games, which are supposedly so great.  But, instead, many players are here playing the unintentional and strange Warframe, and enjoying it as such.

My point, regardless of nerfs or buffs or Dark Souls or Extra Credits or whatever, is why constantly try splitting the baby in half just right?  Inevitably, it's an unnecessary tragedy for someone.

Much of these "balance" ideas are really only appropriate for squad vs. squad engagements, (not horde vs. squad which is Warframe for the most part), or other play styles.  Why not create those as separate and distinct choices (missions for example) instead of always trying to shoe horn them (which destroys the game for many of us) into the strange and unintentional Warframe that we enjoy so much?  This would also help with the utility of Warframe abilities.  Different abilities would shine under different circumstances.  Trying to make all abilities shine (or more likely, terrible) under all circumstances seems like an uneccessarilly difficult choice to me, and it comes at the price of destroying the game that many of us enjoy.

There is another aspect to appeasment, association.  A lot of the motivation from the forums for nerfs comes from the belief that people are lazy, and more.  It's not expressed as blatantly as it used to be, but, those same individuals are still here, using the safer keywords and phrases such as challenge, skill, hard work, reward, etc.  So, we have a situtation where a small vocal minority declares players like me to be lazy, calls for nerfs on account of that, and DE complies.  It's galling to say the least.  Bored and angry is not what I expected to experience in Warframe.

Right on, man! That's another reason I stopped playing this game.

tl;dr: jump to the quote if you're lazy, the cool ideas are over there.

After re-reading the topic, i'd like to correct and complement my first bad intervention into an improved one, even if it leads to nowhere. I will thank in particular CaveCricket48, MDRLOz, Momaw, tocorro, 7grims, ThaMega, P1NK13P13, PsycloneM, K_Shiro, Noble_Cactus, Othergrunty, Lagomorf, phazefox, for their interesting comments and inspiring ideas. You helped me to write this, i hope you will enjoy it (if you read it), even if it's a small part of it :)

Anyway, just dreamin'.

As a reminder: I'm just sharing my opinion/ aggregating ideas, I do not pretend to be right or better than X or to own Y or whatever. Here for the love of XK.

<dreamin' 2.0>

What is wrong with the current Excalibur?

Slash Dash: glued to the floor. Damage useless after lvl 15+. sometime hindered by enemies.

Radial Blind: pass through everything, while Javelin can't. But surprisingly, this is also why -and only why- Excalibur survived until now.

Super Jump: situational, lack of potential.

Radial Javelin: blocked by everything solid. Use it without RB before and you're dead before the end of the animation. No utility. Unreliable to suicidal given the level.

Stats; a little bit under-average for passives.

Overall talent: a little fuzzy. The new official suggestion for his 4thwill make him look even more like an average banal circular AoE damage caster. This lacks some originality.

What is suggested by many?

Slash Dash: make the combo multiplier grow with every target hit. Enable dash in every spatial direction (sky if aimed).

Radial Blind: rectification of LoS is seen as logical, but it will loose all utility if the mechanism of the ability isn't modified, too.

Super Jump: remove it, let the new Slash-Dash-in-every-direction-aimed take this role. Make a brand new ability for this vacant slot.

Radial Javelin: Utility. Reliability. Originality.

Combining the amazing ideas i've seen in the posts of the people above and on the forums with my vision of Excalibur, it could give:

Slash Dash

- inflates and extend the melee combo multiplier for each enemy hit.

- affected by the melee build somehow

- can be launched in any spatial direction aimed (from a surface, not in air).

Radial Blind

- the blind effect lasts on Excalibur (like silence), reducing the precision of the enemies when firing at him nigh to 0. (note: enemy not in sight at launch are not blinded (their precision is just null when aiming at excal, but they can fire other allies normally).

OR

- is a levitating grenade which can be thrown in a direction and then detonated. Will shine, in its detonation position for the duration, reducing the precision of the enemy fire (this is the same thing than the previous one, but not Excalibur-centered). My favorite, a cool introduction to Vauban's devices and Mirage's Prism mechanics.

Super Jump

replaced with Super Charge- very cool concept by r0ckwolf here

-> toggleable state where sprint, melee speed, staminapool, staminaregen and channeling are boosted! see details and other 'super' cool ideas in the thread itself! :)

Note: i'd like to enhance this super charge with a good chance to inflict "maimed" on every hit (=difficulty to move, see details below)

Radial Javelin

I discovered Azamagon and I have had a very similar idea and i like his approach of it, so please check out his thread: But i've seen other suggestions and i really liked them too so i'd like to incorporate them:

- summons a limited number of javelins (~ current) gravitating above/around Excalibur, deflecting/parying enemy fire (not complete protection, can be augmented with strenght). The damage "absorbed" consumes the javelins while maintaining and increasing the combo multiplier.

- And OMG if XK presses 4, he can FIRE his javelins like BULLETS (silent, punchthrough plz). What is that? An ulti based on skill and player's control? omg. The Javelin takes the Combo Multiplier into account. Can headshot/aim vulnerable areas. Inflicts knockdown and "Maimed"(difficulty to move/lift up) for few seconds (original concept by phasefox https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/321607-excalibur-and-you-a-guide-to-upcoming-changes/page-9#entry3676662'>here!) Boss are not knockdowned, just maimed (=difficulty to move)

and for Merlin's sake, let's rename this "Garde Royale" (=Royal Guard)!!! (yeah yeah, dreamin', remember? who cares anyway ^^)

So now what?

Excalibur would be the King Arthur of combo multipliers. He could jump, slash, hinder the enemies, reduce risks for himself and the team, protect himself and inflict heavy damage concentrated on a target. All of that by being a good overall introduction to many mechanics of several other warframes, without copying them, and having his own little "stuff".

</dreamin' 2.0>

After reading all of the changes, i'd still call this a nerf. His most useful skill is taking a hit, super jump is just getting a little cuter, and radial javelin is losing it's ability to hit individual targets multiple times despite its target cap removed.

As another gentleman said earlier, time to hop into other useful endgame frames.

Oh, I hope you make Super Jump scale from duration instead of strength.

Or range?

Please do this thing, it is a nice thing. excal could potentially still be a one trick pony if all his abilities are scaled from differing mods and one has to decide which are worth keeping. ( i know that budgeting is part of the game but there are so many frames who scale almost completely off of one or two aspects)

Edited by Wawazat

Please do this thing, it is a nice thing. excal could potentially still be a one trick pony if all his abilities are scaled from differing mods and one has to decide which are worth keeping. ( i know that budgeting is part of the game but there are so many frames who scale almost completely off of one or two aspects)

never mind, it would be even nicer to replace super jump all together since directional air attack will be a thing. do that instead please :D

After re-reading the topic, i'd like to correct and complement my first bad intervention into an improved one, even if it leads to nowhere. I will thank in particular CaveCricket48, MDRLOz, Momaw, tocorro, 7grims, ThaMega, P1NK13P13, PsycloneM, K_Shiro, Noble_Cactus, Othergrunty, Lagomorf, phazefox, for their interesting comments and inspiring ideas. You helped me to write this, i hope you will enjoy it (if you read it), even if it's a small part of it :)

Anyway, just dreamin'.

As a reminder: I'm just sharing my opinion/ aggregating ideas, I do not pretend to be right or better than X or to own Y or whatever. Here for the love of XK.

<dreamin' 2.0>

What is wrong with the current Excalibur?

Slash Dash: glued to the floor. Damage useless after lvl 15+. sometime hindered by enemies.

Radial Blind: pass through everything, while Javelin can't. But surprisingly, this is also why -and only why- Excalibur survived until now.

Super Jump: situational, lack of potential.

Radial Javelin: blocked by everything solid. Use it without RB before and you're dead before the end of the animation. No utility. Unreliable to suicidal given the level.

Stats; a little bit under-average for passives.

Overall talent: a little fuzzy. The new official suggestion for his 4thwill make him look even more like an average banal circular AoE damage caster. This lacks some originality.

What is suggested by many?

Slash Dash: make the combo multiplier grow with every target hit. Enable dash in every spatial direction (sky if aimed).

Radial Blind: rectification of LoS is seen as logical, but it will loose all utility if the mechanism of the ability isn't modified, too.

Super Jump: remove it, let the new Slash-Dash-in-every-direction-aimed take this role. Make a brand new ability for this vacant slot.

Radial Javelin: Utility. Reliability. Originality.

Combining the amazing ideas i've seen in the posts of the people above and on the forums with my vision of Excalibur, it could give:

So now what?

Excalibur would be the King Arthur of combo multipliers. He could jump, slash, hinder the enemies, reduce risks for himself and the team, protect himself and inflict heavy damage concentrated on a target. All of that by being a good overall introduction to many mechanics of several other warframes, without copying them, and having his own little "stuff".

</dreamin' 2.0>

here have my 1000 upvote

Could Radial Javelin use a knockback for the stun, possibly pinning (living) enemies to walls if they line up right?

Glad to see more CC on his ult, as well as some added fun for Super Jump. Glad I forma'd him last affinity booster.

</dreamin' 2.0>

Yeah all that sounds awesome. 

Super jump is a real relic in this game. Turning it into some form of toggled ability would be great idea. It is really really annoying that Excalibur has two "jump" buttons as it is now. Adding running, stamina and channeling bonuses would be a bonus as well.  

However i doubt it will change. So I will simply get used to super jumps new purpose; Reload animation protection. No longer will I fear reloading in tier 4 or long survival/defence games. Simply leap into the air to become invisible while reloading for guaranteed protection. 

I've done now the alarm for orokin reactor with Excal in solo mode. Hmmm... I've changed my mind about adding LoS to the Radial Blind. I've made through this grineer lvl. 23 mobile defense (2 orokin masses + pod) and just barely - those bleeding procs are insane. And I made it out only thanks to Radial Blind Going through everything and blinding anything in radius. As for this nonsense about it beeing cheap and providing 15+ s of peace. I call it BS ;] after the 5s initial stun mobs are shooting even if not that acurately it still hurts. 

In a team yeah maybe Excal will be still viable after adding LoS. But in solo - NO I don't think so anymore. 

But we'll live, we'll see.

Edited by tocorro

Slash Dash

- inflates and extend the melee combo multiplier for each enemy hit.

- affected by the melee build somehow

- can be launched in any spatial direction aimed (from a surface, not in air).

Radial Blind

- the blind effect lasts on Excalibur (like silence), reducing the precision of the enemies when firing at him nigh to 0. (note: enemy not in sight at launch are not blinded (their precision is just null when aiming at excal, but they can fire other allies normally).

OR

- is a levitating grenade which can be thrown in a direction and then detonated. Will shine, in its detonation position for the duration, reducing the precision of the enemy fire (this is the same thing than the previous one, but not Excalibur-centered). My favorite, a cool introduction to Vauban's devices and Mirage's Prism mechanics.

Super Jump

replaced with Super Charge- very cool concept by r0ckwolf here

-> toggleable state where sprint, melee speed, staminapool, staminaregen and channeling are boosted! see details and other 'super' cool ideas in the thread itself! :)

Note: i'd like to enhance this super charge with a good chance to inflict "maimed" on every hit (=difficulty to move, see details below)

Radial Javelin

I discovered Azamagon and I have had a very similar idea and i like his approach of it, so please check out his thread: But i've seen other suggestions and i really liked them too so i'd like to incorporate them:

- summons a limited number of javelins (~ current) gravitating above/around Excalibur, deflecting/parying enemy fire (not complete protection, can be augmented with strenght). The damage "absorbed" consumes the javelins while maintaining and increasing the combo multiplier.

- And OMG if XK presses 4, he can FIRE his javelins like BULLETS (silent, punchthrough plz). What is that? An ulti based on skill and player's control? omg. The Javelin takes the Combo Multiplier into account. Can headshot/aim vulnerable areas. Inflicts knockdown and "Maimed"(difficulty to move/lift up) for few seconds (original concept by phasefox here!) Boss are not knockdowned, just maimed (=difficulty to move)

and for Merlin's sake, let's rename this "Garde Royale" (=Royal Guard)!!! (yeah yeah, dreamin', remember? who cares anyway ^^)

Can we please for the love of everything awesome get this post to the eyes that need to see it?! I want to see this realized so bad D:

Amazing stuff Yaer and co

Edited by Tessai117