Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.10.0

[DE]Rebecca

Im also getting a port error message now. Beforehand I wasn't getting one, and I haven't touched my UPnP in quite a while....

DE seem to be having server problems, matchmaking is bugged up and people are receiving bogus error message about stuff like strict nat and firewalls.

Uggg, just ran a Tower 1 MD and the datamass was consumed. I ran up to the terminal, placed it in. I was swapped to my primary, but the mass disappeared from the map. I know these are not the most stable of mission types, but I have a sneaking feeling this patch has something to do with this issue.

• Changed Critical Chance logic by allowing it to occur on Radial Explosions (both friendly and enemy where applicable). This fixes an issue with the Torid’s gas cloud not allowing for Criticals.

Does Radial Explosions includes Thunderbolt?

Thanks for the update.

A few nitpicks though:

...Blind Justice: a new Nikana Stance has arrived!...

One has to ask why we even getting a third stance for a weapon we essentially only have one of (dragon is simply an upgrade to Nikana), while we still only have two stances for weapons like swords, dual weapons and daggers for which we have large quantities of these types of weapons.

• Fixed the Stalker taking shield damage during his intro and outro animation sequence.
  • Fixed clients being able to damage the Stalker’s health during intro and outro animation sequences if there is a laggy host ....

So the stalker finally farmed the players enough to find a damage immunity mod then.

So the stalker got immunity to one of the few ways a player got to throw some cheese back at the stalker becuse he was to slow to stand up (presuming you do spot him in time, it was a clever tactic), yet stalker can happilly be still be cheesy to the players where they have no tools or tactics to deal with him.

The stalker uses a lot of bad game design as it is to make him seem difficuilt, and immunities are both bad on players and enemies (though short ones on players are arguable). Maybe you should of worked on making him an actual challenge rather than handing out more liberal immunities to artificially create more difficulity.

Lets face it, just make the stalker show up kill its target and vanish while being completly invunerable to anything players can throw at them, as thats fairly obviously what his intent is for given each update on it counters whatever tactics players learnt and most use to defeat it anyway. 

Edited by Loswaith

The only issue I have is that its 14.10, but ignoring that this is good.

Version numbers in software are not decimal numbers. They are integers with deliminators.

IE: 3.10 follows 3.9, and 3.32 is many versions *after* 3.4.

Note: this is not the only practice, but it is a very common one.

Edited by Draculthemad

Excavation was fun and made sense for planetside tilesets. Glad to see it return. Also looking forward to tactical alerts. During the last livestream we saw a sneak peak at what it would look like in the liset, and I'm excited to be able to work towards an affinity booster. I have a lot of new guns to level.

But I have to point out, which may have been pointed out already, isn't 14.10 = 14.1? Always glad to see a new update though. 

Excavation was fun and made sense for planetside tilesets. Glad to see it return. Also looking forward to tactical alerts. During the last livestream we saw a sneak peak at what it would look like in the liset, and I'm excited to be able to work towards an affinity booster. I have a lot of new guns to level.

But I have to point out, which may have been pointed out already, isn't 14.10 = 14.1? Always glad to see a new update though. 

Nope. It is 14.10.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 etc and so forth. It is not a decimal.

This link will explain this Software Versioning process better as well as different methods of Versioning.

Good stuff there but may I ask when do we get the quite due update that removes fleshwounds through shields? No offense but apart from a bleeding wound appearing when no blade reaches our skin (thanks to the shield soaking up the damage) being absolutely illogical, it is game-killing for many of us that like to use large shields and low health or plain low def) and favor tactical, skilled behaviour instead, where you try not to get hit (since normal gameplay doesn't really provide any challenge while on later ranks no matter how much hp and shield you have you die anyways) and sadly even the weakest of shots can cause a bit of a bleeding that will eventually result in our tenno's untimely demise.

Bleeding is fine. But how is it supposed to start without a wound? Disable slash proc when shields are active, plz. It's really about time.

(Similarly, electric damage is still erratic, melee base electric dmg mod gives 60% on max, while others give 90% elemental dmg... on the other hand the even mod is the same as for others, so for 7 instead of 11 points, you get the 60% electric dmg and the status bonus... no offense but I don't see electric damage that much superior so it should be handicapped.)

As for the stance... no offense but pause, hold and def combos only again? Not much variety we have there, practically smashing E again. Really guys it's nice to give new combos but actually we don't do combos in this game, we just smash E. Sry, truly sry, but while I like watching a good movie or predetrimned action sequences, I doubt this is how combos should be done.in a game where players (my kind that is) likes to actually play and control their characters - meaning simply pressing the "nExt" button doesn't really cut it.

Details in case anybody cares: Topic 321492, entry 3629169

Edited by K_Shiro