Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Suck

ROXXXY

I think that if there was a giant war on a planet where it was Grineer vs Corpus, the corpus would win. I mean seriously I went in an invasion and the Corpus totally dominated the Grineer. Like one elite Crewman killed a Heavy Gunner with a TINY bit of help. The only effective Grineer against the corpus were the Eviscerators and the Napalms. All the other Grineer units were killed easily by the Corpus. Even when I saw 3 Grineer lancers and vs 1 Elite Corpus crewman, the Corpus crewman won. Like the MOA's seem to kill the Heavy gunners and Elite Lancers with ease. So what do you think?

after supporting Grineer mainly in Invasions I would say it's fairly even. It depends what units get spawned in for each faction.

I once followed an Arctic Eximus Bombard and 4 Napalms through 3/4s of the map, using my codex scanner while inside the Eximus' snow globe. They burnt everything in their path. In fact I hardly killed any Corpus.

All the Grineer need to do is send a single Seeker in.  I've had one 1-shot me (technically 2-shot I suppose) with his Kraken, through my block, through my Iron Skin (+90% power strength), and maxed Redirection and Vitality.  

2 bullets.  Over 4k damage.  Seeker OP.  Corpus lose.

Don't forget that invasions are designed to make the opposing faction stronger. If you notice when you side with the grineer the corpus are higher level than the grineer, and vice versa. Otherwise there would be nothing for the tenno to do in those missions.

Corpus dominate the Grineer in technology, but the Grineer are a clone army feverishly dedicated to the will of their Queens. The Corpus won't fight for something if it isn't a fiscal priority, and they'll drop it completely if it looks to be a profit drain. The Grineer, however, are a true military society with the goal of expanding their borders and asserting Grineer dominance. Cloning gives them a huge pool of units with a ton of variety and some powerful weaponry. What they lack in technology the Grineer cover for in numbers and will.

Grineer pride worldwide. 

Edited by likeitsillegal

Corpus dominate the Grineer in technology, but the Grineer are a clone army feverishly dedicated to the will of their Queens. The Corpus won't fight for something if it isn't a fiscal priority, and they'll drop it completely if it looks to be a profit drain. The Grineer, however, are a true military society with the goal of expanding their borders and asserting Grineer dominance. Cloning gives them a huge pool of units with a ton of variety and some powerful weaponry. What they lack in technology the Grineer cover for in numbers and will.

Grineer pride worldwide.

*Elite Crewman takes out his laser gun and kills 1000 Napalms*

Don't forget that invasions are designed to make the opposing faction stronger. If you notice when you side with the grineer the corpus are higher level than the grineer, and vice versa. Otherwise there would be nothing for the tenno to do in those missions.

They were only like 2 levels higher and managed to kill like the whole Grineer army.

that's odd. normally i see Grineer dominating Corpus in Invasions.

Grineer get Slash Effects all the time, and can stagger, and their Heavies have either a lot of DPS or tons of explosions.

and Corpus have Supra, Flux, and Shockwave MOA's. everything else Corpus have are pretty meh against Grineer. even Detron Crewman aren't that great against Grineer.

Grineer have Armor, and Armor dominates. any Enemy without Armor is 9y783q458079tyb345f078bt345v8079b% easier to kill.

The Supra is really a pain to fight against, those elite crewmen chose the right weapon (and im still on to build this friggin beast)

Other then that, Grineer are the real military force and I believe that they would clean the battlefield with the corpus units.

Techs use the Supra, Elite Crewmen use the Flux Rifle which is pretty nasty on anything vulnerable to slash.

Such as lancer stomachs which have less armor then their upper body.

I think that if there was a giant war on a planet where it was Grineer vs Corpus, the corpus would win. I mean seriously I went in an invasion and the Corpus totally dominated the Grineer. Like one elite Crewman killed a Heavy Gunner with a TINY bit of help. The only effective Grineer against the corpus were the Eviscerators and the Napalms. All the other Grineer units were killed easily by the Corpus. Even when I saw 3 Grineer lancers and vs 1 Elite Corpus crewman, the Corpus crewman won. Like the MOA's seem to kill the Heavy gunners and Elite Lancers with ease. So what do you think?

The faction's troops you do missions with are down leveled AFAIK. This could be the reason for this.When i side with Corpus they're like level 9 as opposed to lvl 20 grineer and get wrecked like no one's business.

If you've EVER done a long grineer survival mission (eg: ceres) compared to a long corpus survival (eg: pluto), grineer are 100x more difficult to kill. Their armour scales absurdly, their bullets are hitscan, they have rollers and heavy gunners, bombards and napalms and more absurdly powerful units. So no. Grineer are MUCH stronger than corpus. 

It seems to me, that side you are supporting has a noticeable lower level than the side you are attacking. If you back grineer for example I noticed that most grineer were level 5-9 while most corpus were, as indicated in the mission info, level 15+. Which makes sense since the tenno is supposed to take out the bulk of the enemy forces and it would be pointless if you could just sit in the corner and let the Ai fight itself and win it for you.

Low level the corpus will beat out the Grineer. At that point tgeir armour hasn't scaled hard enough to beat out the puncture damage done by the corpus.

Plus at that point the Grineer have their weaker units.

Later on the Grineer scale up much harder in terms of Dps and tankiness.

There is a reason they won Gradivus

that's odd. normally i see Grineer dominating Corpus in Invasions.

Grineer get Slash Effects all the time, and can stagger, and their Heavies have either a lot of DPS or tons of explosions.

and Corpus have Supra, Flux, and Shockwave MOA's. everything else Corpus have are pretty meh against Grineer. even Detron Crewman aren't that great against Grineer.

Grineer have Armor, and Armor dominates. any Enemy without Armor is 9y783q458079tyb345f078bt345v8079b% easier to kill.

Don't forget arc traps. Ganking corpus throughout the map... Edited by Ionus