Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Question

GinKenshin

Question

does a weapon gets stronger everytime I forma it? like is a 10 forma weapon stronger than a 9 forma weapon, or is there a limit to how many formas a weapon can have? please tell me a serious answer, I don't want to waste formas that isn't doing anything to a weapon 

thank you 

12 answers to this question

adding formas doesn't give it any better stats, just enables you to put stronger mods by reducing mod slot point cost

if you have a heavy callibur that takes 16 mod points and you forma a slot to a V-polarity then it will reduce the cost by 1/2 to 8 so you will save those 8 points you would have end up spending if you did not have the slot polarized

If you want to know how many times to forma a weapon without waste, I suggest you check out warframebuilder.com. I understand the detailed stat readout is a bit hit or miss, but when you get the loadout you want on a weapon you can see how many times you really need to forma it, instead of doing the math in your head, and if you are like me, you might make a mistake and apply one you didnt need. 

but I'm noticing everytime I forma a warframe, it's health and shield get a little more, and before you forma something, it says that it'll go back unranked but get stronger.....so I'm kinda dizzy here :/

this is what it says: (Use a Forma to polarize a mod slot on items that have achieved a rank of 30. (Click a slot above to cycle polarity) CAUTION: This process RESETS the items to UNRANKED. A sacrifice that will make the item even more powerful once it is ranked up again.)

Edited by Kenshin98

It does say that, but it refers to the ability to place a mod for half the cost, which in effect does make you more powerful. 

As for the health and shield getting a little bigger, its probably just a placebo effect. check out the stats on the wikia, and you can compare the base stats with and without forma

does a weapon gets stronger everytime I forma it? like is a 10 forma weapon stronger than a 9 forma weapon, or is there a limit to how many formas a weapon can have? please tell me a serious answer, I don't want to waste formas that isn't doing anything to a weapon 

thank you

Depends on point of view. Adding forma f.e. to weapon make no efect, but he cut in half mod rank. For exam, Heavy caliber R8 without forma deals only +45% damage, HC R16 on polarized slot deals +165% damage, it ´s his max, both cost you same. Thanks to polarization rises not only rank of mod you can equip but also your Conclave. With WF and melees don ´t forget on aura and stance slot which, oppositive to normal slot, double aura or stance mod, f.e. Corrosive projection give you 14 more space on polarized slot, that means now you have 74 space for mods.

Be careful with formas espacially you must calculate for the future and when you start using config A/B/C.

Think about it this way.  On a weapon that has a catalyst (60 mod points) and zero polorized slots you can fit 8 mods that all cost 7.5 points (60 / 8).  There are useful mods at full rank that cost 7 points but the majority of them cost more.  9 and 11 are common costs.  And the really powerful ones cost 14 to 16 points fully ranked.

Take Serration which costs 14 as an example.  If you do not add a polarity for it then you are using two slots worth of points.  In the end, with no polarity you will be forced to either leave a slot completely empty or only rank the serration to half.

Ultimately how many formas a weapon needs to reach max power is going to vary based on which mods you want to put on the gun.  A good example of this is Heavy Caliber, a 16 point mod.  Given the penalty to accuracy I do not use it on every weapon.  Those that do use it require more forma than those that don't because it is very expensive point-wise.  Another good example is the 60% dual status element mods compared to the 90% elemental only mods.  7 points vs 11 points.  A build focused on status procs will likely use the 60% mods and a build focused on raw damage the 90% ones.  The latter needs more forma.

but I'm noticing everytime I forma a warframe, it's health and shield get a little more, and before you forma something, it says that it'll go back unranked but get stronger.....so I'm kinda dizzy here :/

this is what it says: (Use a Forma to polarize a mod slot on items that have achieved a rank of 30. (Click a slot above to cycle polarity) CAUTION: This process RESETS the items to UNRANKED. A sacrifice that will make the item even more powerful once it is ranked up again.)

Warframes, unlike guns and swords, get benefits when they level up. Usually a bit more shield/health/energy. That's probably what you're seeing.