Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ankyros: Just Another Power Glove?

Oweyan

Question

So i built the new Ankyros earlier yesterday and they just finished today and since the wiki has no tips or stats o them just yet i was wondering... what are this weapons strengths? on the description it says speed but with a fire rate of 1.5 i feel more comfortable using my scindo which is only slightly slower and  yet hits so much harder. the charge time is the same as the Furax but it so much less damaging. was just wondering where these weapons are suppose to be used over say a scindo or the furax which generally outclasses them. any mod lay out tips would help. thanks.

14 answers to this question

If so maybe try modding it for normal attacks.

+Attack speed, +damage, freeze, +AP, +crit chance, +crit damage, fire/electricity or something similar.

In the current state of the game anything moded in AA is going to be inferior to something based in charge attacks.

Ankyros are not completly useless right now, but also not the best choice if you could also buy the Furax.

Problem beeing, that normal Attacks are infact a waste of time, doesn't matter which weapon you're using, Charge attacks are just so much more efficent.

I feel like i wasted credits on these gauntlets they are really just weak under powered furax. sure they look nice but alot of good that does you when a grineer has his grakata rifle barrel down your throat. >.> i am disapointed with these guantlets

I feel like i wasted credits on these gauntlets they are really just weak under powered furax. sure they look nice but alot of good that does you when a grineer has his grakata rifle barrel down your throat. >.> i am disapointed with these guantlets

Dont worry its the grakata after all.. "cought"

Dont worry its the grakata after all.. "cought"

to be honest i like using the grakata on my loki because unlike the gorgon it has no spin up time and i can easily close the gap with lokis speed and pray and spray all over the enemies face.

In the current state of the game anything moded in AA is going to be inferior to something based in charge attacks.

Here's the problem: neither normal attacks NOR charge attacks ignore armor when using the Anklyosaurus-hands. However, the slide attacks do...

It's a jump + slide attack weapon. Good damage on both (ignores armour), and great AOE on jump. Attack speed helps with those animation too.

Don't forget the downed attack which does good damage and has a cool animation! Nothing like pummeling someone in the face while they're laying on the floor!

the slide attack and jump attack sure is good with ankyros, BUT, only for low to mid level enemies. The low damage output of these gloves is really putting me off, I'll level it to 30 only for the mastery, may remove it from my inventory afterwards if it is not boosted. Most pathetic charge attack ever!!!