Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very (Very) Noobish Question Related To Clans

Demdemeh

Question

How do clan work?

I've read all about them but I can't understand some basics.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/169-pc-recruitment/

Here there are several clan recruitment but I can't understand if I should join a Ghost rather than a Moon clan.

What are advantages and disadvantages? 

Clans > Dojos, right? Or I am missing something?

And Dojos are the only way to do researches, right? So shall I make a Clan myself? Pros/Cons?

Also I've read that Dojo's have a "room" (I never entered one before :D ).

What's that supposed for? PvP? Trading? How does it work?

How do I get invited?

I'm also trying to understand how do game chat work... (except the inside-game one, which it's pretty easy)

I am not a addict game and the last game I used to play intensively (I still do) is Unreal Tournament 3, so be patient with me! 

Thank you in advance!

11 answers to this question

If you have no problem with farming forma for your dojo you can just start a clan yourself. And you can invite some friends. As long as you dont build barracks you're staying at the ghost clan stage which will keep the costs at a minimum. So rooms and research are pretty cheap then. I got a clan myself and enjoy it very much building all this stuff by myself. It keeps me playing. ;-)

1. Ghost, Moon and so on are sizes of clans. Moon is the biggest, Ghost is the smallest.

2. Clans = Dojos, Dojo is a HQ of a clan.

3. Yes, you need to be in a clan, with a dojo with certain lab constructed and certain research done, to be able to buy certain blueprints.

4. Dojos are places made of rooms

5. There are some rooms in the Dojo that allow you 1v1 sparrings, there are also kiosks, that allow you to trade with other players.

6. Just ask on Recruiting channel. Or post in one of the recruiting topics on forums. Or even create a "LF clan with all research completed" topic yourself.

7. Chat works like... Chat. You press T, write what you want to say and press Enter.

I understand. Formas are the same "mods" used to change polarity on frames/weapons, right?

Another question: if I get invited inside a clan, what will be my duties? Are there to-do errands?

So what clan should I look for? A Ghost one? Or something a bit bigger?

Still don't get the difference between joining a small, a medium or a big one.

I assume the best would be to find a Clan with most of the player living in my same solar time (so I can play when they are awake too).

Thank you guys for your fast response!

I understand. Formas are the same "mods" used to change polarity on frames/weapons, right?

Another question: if I get invited inside a clan, what will be my duties? Are there to-do errands?

So what clan should I look for? A Ghost one? Or something a bit bigger?

Still don't get the difference between joining a small, a medium or a big one.

I assume the best would be to find a Clan with most of the player living in my same solar time (so I can play when they are awake too).

Thank you guys for your fast response!

Up to you really. I left a big clan and started my own clan. Population me and a few inactives. I have everything researched though :)

But yeah, it would be good to play with people in your timezone (to make sure you have similar pings and sleep schedules).  But if you join a 2000+ member clan, you'll be fine in that area.

You might need to sweep out the Dojo from time to time, maybe a bit of washing up here and then and probably take out the recycling every other Thursday. Nothing too strenuous.

You might need to sweep out the Dojo from time to time, maybe a bit of washing up here and then and probably take out the recycling every other Thursday. Nothing too strenuous.

Ahahahah!  XD

Alright guys, thanks!

Now I am trying to find out why my Mastery Rank exp doesn't rise anymore. I've reached rank 3 but the bar is stuck to 1/3 and won't gain a single exp point...

Bah, this game it's huge ^^

Ahahahah!  XD

Alright guys, thanks!

Now I am trying to find out why my Mastery Rank exp doesn't rise anymore. I've reached rank 3 but the bar is stuck to 1/3 and won't gain a single exp point...

Bah, this game it's huge ^^

You gain Mastery once per weapon/frame/et cetera.

For example Braton will give you Mastery untill it reaches 30, after it's maxed it won't give you any more.

If you are running around with once maxed gear - you won't get any Mastery (besides the one you get from unlocking nodes and stuff), no matter if you sold the once maed weapon and crafted it once again, or forma'd it, or did something else. Once you max your Braton to 30, no matter what you do with it - it won't give you any more.

That's why it's so important to constantly master new weapons, and not sell them befor you max them to 30. Same goes for frames and companions.

You gain Mastery once per weapon/frame/et cetera.

For example Braton will give you Mastery untill it reaches 30, after it's maxed it won't give you any more.

If you are running around with once maxed gear - you won't get any Mastery (besides the one you get from unlocking nodes and stuff), no matter if you sold the once maed weapon and crafted it once again, or forma'd it, or did something else. Once you max your Braton to 30, no matter what you do with it - it won't give you any more.

That's why it's so important to constantly master new weapons, and not sell them befor you max them to 30. Same goes for frames and companions.

Yes, I have figured that our myself. I'm Mastery Rank 4 now and halfway for rank 5. It takes a while though.

Now I have a lvl 30 Excalibur and a lvl 30 Saryn (a Valkyr is on the way to be built). I haven't supermodded them cause, as you can imagine, I haven't any Orokin Reactor.

I got an Orokin Catalyst from a "Friday Alert" and I used it on my Double Ether. Thought these are pretty nice blades and can be used on several builds, before I earn something more.

I have a spare Forma too but don't know if worth to use it yet, so I rether keep it. Now all I can do is waiting for next "Fiday Alert" for another Orokin

and use to supercharge another useful weapon. I need to pump myself a bit before I can successfully complete T3/4 missions without being a disaster. So I can collect some more Formae and improve myself.

On the other hand I have also to join a decent Clan and start trading. I've collected some pretty nice Mods from Nightmare Alerts and some Prime components too. Maybe I can get some spare plats from them!

I like this game, it's just more complex than I initially thought! ;)

Nice community anyway. Friendly people and not too many bimbo-kids around! I like that thing too! :D

I don't think someone said it before, if so, excuse me for repeating it : Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain and Moon are Tiers of clan, which means, different sizes. They go like that :
Ghost clan : 1-10 members -> Ghost usually is a small clan that has planned to expand, a clan of friends, or a competitive clan.
Shadow clan : 1-30 members -> Shadow usually is competitive, active, but still decently small
Storm : 1-100 members -> Storm is larger, more active, but usually less competitive, since it's harder to manage 100 members than it is to manage 10.
Mountain : 1-300 members -> That's a basic large clan, several leaders, active (because of its size), but less "friendly/sociable" than a smaller clan, since there are too many faces to know them all.
Moon : 1-1000 members -> Same as Mountain in even bigger, so you know even less people, it's basically a state of its own.

Clan wise, being in one allows you to have access to the dojo (unless the leader (or one of the leaders) doesn't allow you to), and if that said dojo is fully built, you'll have access to research weapons, researched warframes (Banshee, Volt, Zephyr), and trading kiosks.

To join a clan, you need to have someone to send you a clan invite.
And I think that's about it, if you have any other question, feel free to ask it :D

I don't think someone said it before, if so, excuse me for repeating it : Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain and Moon are Tiers of clan, which means, different sizes. They go like that :

Ghost clan : 1-10 members -> Ghost usually is a small clan that has planned to expand, a clan of friends, or a competitive clan.

Shadow clan : 1-30 members -> Shadow usually is competitive, active, but still decently small

Storm : 1-100 members -> Storm is larger, more active, but usually less competitive, since it's harder to manage 100 members than it is to manage 10.

Mountain : 1-300 members -> That's a basic large clan, several leaders, active (because of its size), but less "friendly/sociable" than a smaller clan, since there are too many faces to know them all.

Moon : 1-1000 members -> Same as Mountain in even bigger, so you know even less people, it's basically a state of its own.

Clan wise, being in one allows you to have access to the dojo (unless the leader (or one of the leaders) doesn't allow you to), and if that said dojo is fully built, you'll have access to research weapons, researched warframes (Banshee, Volt, Zephyr), and trading kiosks.

To join a clan, you need to have someone to send you a clan invite.

And I think that's about it, if you have any other question, feel free to ask it :D

Thanks, I appreciate that comment! Now I have a more accurate view of how clans are distinguished.

Yesterday I've met another italian which was very friendly (the first other one I've men barely spoke to me) and he invited me in his clan.

Now I have to convince a friend of my to leave our 2 people clan (he is a stubborn guy, built dojo by himself and forced me to join -_-'' )

and join that bigger one. Dunno what's the size but, as far as I understood, it's a clan for italians only. Should work, I hope! :)