Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handspring As An Innate Warframe Ability. Please? Please.

CrazyCatLad

I know this has been discussed to near-death but seriously.  It is the equivalent of having 'vaulting over a railing' as a mod.

And if you want to compromise, DE: Handspring is only active above 50% health.  (And don't go doing that "if only statement" on the mod...)

Thoughts, Tenno?

Mmmm'thanks.

-Lanny

That was a topic of a poll in one of the Community Hot Topics, I believe. Yes, people want it to be an innate ability. Which means DE won't do that. Instead they'll introduce vaulting over obstackles mod, so you can have a choice whether you want it installed or not.

It shouldn't just be removed and given to tenno freely, at least. If it'd be an innate ability, it should be skill-based as I think was discussed in some stream.

Or hell, unlocked at Mastery 5.  (Like a part of the Focus system)

[Not sure what stream you're talking about so probably didn't see it/don't remember]

We need something like "Press space at the right moment to jump right back up from a knockdown" and have Handspring increase the time window we have to press space.

Could work too but I still prefer it to be auto because jumping back up to survive would be second nature/instinctual. 

We need something like "Press space at the right moment to jump right back up from a knockdown" and have Handspring increase the time window we have to press space.

Yup.

Could work too but I still prefer it to be auto because jumping back up to survive would be second nature/instinctual. 

Yeah but the instinct comes from the player, not the game. So it makes more sense to give us the tools to do it ourselves. At least ofr me. We'd get the reflexes to push the key at the right time, it'd get "instinctual" for us too.^^

Yup.

Yeah but the instinct comes from the player, not the game. So it makes more sense to give us the tools to do it ourselves. At least ofr me. We'd get the reflexes to push the key at the right time, it'd get "instinctual" for us too.^^

Yeah I see both sides, would prefer automatically but if it means not applying a mod worth 9 points, I'm game either way.

And then to add onto that...I know this has been mentioned multiple times.  An upward cleave with the sword while handspringing up would be a nice addition (space + e).

Edited by Lanieu

I use the Handspring mod extensively since i only run melee. It's a life saver when your up against heavies and Shockwave MOAs because it renders their knock back threat almost non-existent so if this became an inert ability then it would nerf the dangers that the heavy units possesses which is putting you on your back against the cold hard unforgiving floor.

But if DE turn this into a well timed counter like what @Cyborger1 presented then it would be just fine except that when there's lag present then it wouldn't be fine at all.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

I use the Handspring mod extensively since i only run melee. It's a life saver when your up against heavies and Shockwave MOAs because it renders their knock back threat almost non-existent so if this became an inert ability then it would nerf the dangers that the heavy units possesses which is putting you on your back against the cold hard unforgiving floor.

But if DE turn this into a well timed counter like what @Cyborger1 presented then it would be just fine except that when there's lag present then it wouldn't be fine at all.

Ouch, forgot the lag issue. Dammit.