Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Excavations Are In, Can We Have Life Support Carrier In Survival?

BrazilianJoe

Yeah title pretty much sums it up. 

Replace the enemy-dropped Life Support model with a cylinder like the Excavations' s Power Cell. 

You already have the Power Cell Carrier model, just patch up a red cross on its butt add it to Survivals dropping life support 100% of the time, and remove life support drops from the RNG drop tables of other enemies. 

And on infested, hrmmm. 

Doggies are infested Grineer, and runners are infested Corpus. Patch up a cylinder to their back, or better yet add a DANGLY CYLINDER. Have the cylinder attach like a syandanna precariously to their back and bob around as they walk. 

Pretty please?

Edited by BrazilianJoe

On survival we pick up Personal life support units. Maybe it would be logical to add faction life support carrier, but even now its pretty good as it is. LS carriers should replace personal units, not simply give moar LS. Point of survival is... wait for it... survival!

Edited by Vicious_D

...Point of survival is... wait for it... survival!

Exactly.

Which we can' t do properly unless the Nekros-janitor-desecrate-spam-is-your-job-instead-of-actually-fighting comes along for the ride. Because there are just not enough life support drops. 

Ergo, Life support drops should be removed from the RNG drop tables. There would be this single enemy dropping them, but always dropping them. Nekros wouldn' t be able to desecrate for more LS, and would be free to fight. 

Finally: more enemy variety is always good. 

Nekros wouldn' t be able to desecrate for more LS, and would be free to fight. 

Why wouldn't he? He can desecrate for more power cells. The only difference is that he knows when he can get them, so he only has to desecrate when a carrier gets killed.

As for the idea itself, I do not support this. I am pretty frequently not even getting enough carriers spawning to keep one extractor running smoothly, let alone an entire survival.

Why wouldn't he? He can desecrate for more power cells. The only difference is that he knows when he can get them, so he only has to desecrate when a carrier gets killed.

As for the idea itself, I do not support this. I am pretty frequently not even getting enough carriers spawning to keep one extractor running smoothly, let alone an entire survival.

What he was talking about it that Nekros have a specific role (omg!) in Survival. I actually like that Nekros have a role there, stupid and blunt shoot-till-all-dead CooP will die fast. Now we at least need a team, a good team to have a chance for good rewards.

Suggestions like that made because people want game to be easy. They dont think ahead. Even a little.

What he was talking about it that Nekros have a specific role (omg!) in Survival. I actually like that Nekros have a role there, stupid and blunt shoot-till-all-dead CooP will die fast. Now we at least need a team, a good team to have a chance for good rewards.

Suggestions like that made because people want game to be easy. They dont think ahead. Even a little.

You are assuming too much about other's intentions here. You can make your point without going ad hominem. I think survival has not-so-fun parts which happen to have alternative solutions, and excavation is a good variant which can feedback on its predecessor, without both being clones. 

About easy game mode, current Survival model is flawed. Without a Nekros you probably can't make past 30 min because life support just doesn't drop. Conversely, with Nekros you can stay as long as you want and just accumulate the Large Life Support  Capsules throughout the map, because you seldom have to activate any. Enemies become a death wall way before life support does. So, Nekros = easy peasy game mode, but with one player mindlessly spamming 3 (it's a button-presser job, not fun). No Nekros = better fight less than 5 tiles away from the exit so that at least one can rush there at the 20 min. mark.

Back to Excavation: I am under the assumption that Nekros cannot desecrate a power cell carrier to get 2x power cells. 

Even if it can, it does not harm the FUN in gameplay, because there is a single type of enemy which is the main target for desecration to drive the mission objective forward. 

Translating to Survival, even if the Life Support Carrier can be desecrated, we would still have a net gain, because then Nekros wouldn't have to spam desecrate 100% of the frigging time. He could just go around shooting and jumping and desecrate only when life support carrier shows up. So it's less of a chore for the Nekros player, and all players can get better expectations about hunting for life support - i.e. not at the whim of RNGesus.

About making it too easy, it's just a matter of tuning spawn rates of life support carriers. 

You would still have Nekros's (how do you plural "Nekros?") Desecrating large groups, most likely. That's just what Nekros does.

Nonetheless, I do like this idea, though I would prefer that personal life support drops don't go away completely, I just like the idea that survival isn't completely dependant on them.

Edited by SlyStrike5

My only concern would be the "O2 Troops" having an unsubstantial spawn rate/chance and pretty much leaving you in the exact same situation of being at the mercy of incredibly fickle RNG.

Personally I would just prefer if you were guaranteed a canister after killing X amounts of light/medium units, and heavies would always drop one on death.