Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Stance Blind Justice Feedback

Keyza

Hey guys, first feedback thread here so take it easy on me.

First of all when I'd like to say that the concept of the stance is simply amazing, I was ecstatic when I first saw the animations and I imagine most of us were.

It was Raiden-esque and it was beautiful.

HelpfulFlawedCranefly.gif

In the game however, I felt that the 2nd strike looked a little clunky and took away part of the elegance that was behind the stance.

To me it looks as if the wielder had overstepped the strike, and it looks a little as though it had stumbled. I think this may be due to the step the left leg took in order to reposition for the animation of the next strike.

Would love to hear if anybody else felt the same ? Or is it just me.

http://youtu.be/1WpnI7xG8A8?t=44s

Slowing the video down to 0.5 helps to see that step the left leg took.

Disclaimer: I did not create the gif or video.

Edit: New video for a better view of the "stagger".

Edited by Keyza

Also, I don't think Blind Justice uses the finisher shown in the gif; I tested it out using Ash's Teleport finisher and using stealth attacks, and he used the same animations as the other katana attacks. Was it too difficult to implement into the game or was this just an accident?

Also, I don't think Blind Justice uses the finisher shown in the gif; I tested it out using Ash's Teleport finisher and using stealth attacks, and he used the same animations as the other katana attacks. Was it too difficult to implement into the game or was this just an accident?

That doesn't look like a finisher, it looks more like a stealth attack.

there isn't a single Stance that's as fun to use as it is to watch someone use in a perfectly setup predesigned situation.

that's what happens when you have Melee that's about button mashing, and no actual Combo's.

i'll leave it at that.

there isn't a single Stance that's as fun to use as it is to watch someone use in a perfectly setup predesigned situation.

that's what happens when you have Melee that's about button mashing, and no actual Combo's.

i'll leave it at that.

Truth.

small remark, the sliding attack uses the normal grip instead of the reverse one, this could be changed as the normal basic combo has some kind of reverse grip spin attack (though i know spin attacks are all pretty much the same except their names)

otherwise, no complaint, very fun stance to use

Edited by manub

At the moment, finishers are tied into the weapon category rather than the mods. Our Devs are currently investigating how to expand the functionality to enable mods to support finishers as well, so the new finisher animations will be hooked up in the near future. I've passed this forum post onto the animator who designed the movement set to review your other feedback.

In regards to obtaining the stance I think, IMHO, is like giving the community the finger when you take a "Uncommon" mod and attach it to the two most rng based entities, The Stalker and Transmutation. I don't mind a challenge like killing a boss for something, but this is really unfair to the community. I really don't understand DE's logic sometimes, you have these really cool things you want us to use and you put them behind tall RNG walls?

At the moment, finishers are tied into the weapon category rather than the mods. Our Devs are currently investigating how to expand the functionality to enable mods to support finishers as well, so the new finisher animations will be hooked up in the near future. I've passed this forum post onto the animator who designed the movement set to review your other feedback.

Thanks ! Greatly appreciated :) Hope to get some conversation between community and Dev soon about the stance !