Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's A Tiberon Build

Stakhanov

Question

So the Tiberon has been out for about a week; I've been extensively playing with and decided to schedule it for the next episode of my weapon guides; so I created it and put it out for you guys. Here is what I came up with.

With the chances of hitting crits and procs very low, raw damage seemed the best course of action, but an element of utility was necessary to make it very well worth it. If you can handle the lower clip size, try substituting Magazine Warp for Thermite rounds.

For those of you who dont want to watch the video:

Serration

Split Chamber

Infected Clip

Cryo Rounds (For Virus)

Hellfire

Wildfire (Extra 6 shots)

Metal Auger

Magazine Warp

17 answers to this question

Seems like a fairly standard precision, noncrit, nonstatus weapon build. Normally I would run an event mod instead of Hellfire, but in a weapon this bland it is probably better.

Mix and match elements etc, viral/corrosive are the most widely used depending on faction. You can ignore the status chance as even with Split Chamber and 4x event mods, it almost scratches a 30% per burst.

Shred instead of Metal Auger is probably better. +30% firing rate, so shorter delay between bursts, a significant damage boost, and 1.2 punch through is enough for 2-3 targets, and you will rarely get enough to justify the difference.

Edited by Kthal

already tested  shred on that and tiberon is much weaker with it than metal auger. it does not benefit that much with the fire rate either but more punch thru is always better for weapons.

only on Infested mobs, when facing any other enemy(see hiding behind cover) punch through gives you cover pierce, BUT you don't need a huge amount as you don't have 3 enemies stacking directly behind each other behind cover.

in that case Shred is not only more than enough to penetrate cover, it's also far more beneficial as it's mod cost is far lower AND it's fire rate boost is essential. 

Also, more elemental damage will always beat more magazine capacity.  In one case you spend more shots/time firing to kill enemies before reloading, while in the other the targets die from fewer shots.  Yes, you will reload more often but you conserve ammo and deal more damage overall.  As a result, fitting in another elemental mod in place of Magazine Warp is ideal.  Event/Vor mods can fill this gap.

It is worth noting that Heavy Caliber may also be worth using although playing style will determine its effectiveness.  Personally, I'd recommend HC as Sybaris and Latron Prime/Wraith are more effective as critical weapons.

My suggested build would be Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Shred, and 4 element mods.

This is a weird build. Viral+Fire means you're probably going against the grineer or the corrupted with a squad that has 4x corrosive projection.

But the gun itself is puncture based so it's not as good for this as something else.

You should probably mention what conditions and enemies you are building it for.

Edited by Naftal

Personally I've had a lot of fun using my Tiberon with a maxed heavy caliber.  It becomes a mid-range weapon rather than a long range weapon, but it's also much faster to be able to just spray away at target's center of mass instead of lining up those head shots.

Personally I've had a lot of fun using my Tiberon with a maxed heavy caliber.  It becomes a mid-range weapon rather than a long range weapon, but it's also much faster to be able to just spray away at target's center of mass instead of lining up those head shots.

This sounds ok since it doesn't crit much, thus losing the headshot multiplier isn't as big of a loss as with crit weapons.

This sounds ok since it doesn't crit much, thus losing the headshot multiplier isn't as big of a loss as with crit weapons.

i agree, the burst takes it away from the Lat's long range sniping potential anyway, so losing crits is a dead issue. Heavy Caliber, Shred, Serration and Split Chamber are must haves for this imo.

Forget Metal Auger, use Shred instead. Gives more than enough Punch-Through, but also increases firing speed. Well, makes the stop between bursts shorter in this case.

I played around with shred with it, and the firing rate makes very little difference. it shoots fairly quick as a base, and having the slightly lower rate even gives you time to snap across targets and kill two adjacent enemies with the same burst, which you don't get with the higher RoF.

only on Infested mobs, when facing any other enemy(see hiding behind cover) punch through gives you cover pierce, BUT you don't need a huge amount as you don't have 3 enemies stacking directly behind each other behind cover.

in that case Shred is not only more than enough to penetrate cover, it's also far more beneficial as it's mod cost is far lower AND it's fire rate boost is essential. 

max metal Auger is sort of like having a half assed Flamethrower. You should try it, it's definitely more beneficial with huge numbers of enemies as you gun them all down effortlessly and you feel more powerful.

Better with Mirage.

And very cool with Miter.

As for Tib, there is no speed boost.

Edited by Jinryusai

Serration

Split Chamber

Shred(even if this not as good as metal auger,this is sufficient to shot enemies behind door and the fire rate is good when chased by infested)

Fast Hands(I wonder why everyone love long reload/never use reload mod :| )

4 90% elemental mods depending on what faction u fight

I played around with shred with it, and the firing rate makes very little difference. it shoots fairly quick as a base, and having the slightly lower rate even gives you time to snap across targets and kill two adjacent enemies with the same burst, which you don't get with the higher RoF.

Shred on burst fire weapons is all about the multi-hits and being able to kill enemies through light cover.

Because +30% is not good enough increase to use the mod.

I agree. It's also not -30% time, it's just an increase to the speed, so it's a misconception, as people think it cuts the reload TIME by 30%, and not the speed, which, in reality, is a lot slower.