Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does My Warframe Suck So Bad?

(XBOX)King Chizzy

Question

The "level" of your frame (and generally, all your gear) means nothing when compared to the level of your enemies. What matters is the mods you put in it, what you do with it, and the enemies you are facing.

You're going to want to rank up your mods.

Also, enemy level has absolutely no relation to warframe/weapon level.

^This. Enemy level has no relation whatsoever to your frame's rank. They scale, you don't. Your rank is only here to give you mod points, and very small "buffs" to health/shield/energy once in a while.

mods mods mods.

and by that i don't mean 'get in here mods this C*** needs a ban!', what i mean is the level of frames/weapons means absolutely nothing EXCEPT the extra mod points you have. sure there are some boosts to stats, but they're irrelevant next to mod points.

what you want to do is potato it first, that'll give you double the points. then look up Excalibro builds and match one that fits with your available mods and BAM! you're not getting your &#! handed to you anymore.

mods mods mods.

and by that i don't mean 'get in here mods this C*** needs a ban!', what i mean is the level of frames/weapons means absolutely nothing EXCEPT the extra mod points you have. sure there are some boosts to stats, but they're irrelevant next to mod points.

what you want to do is potato it first, that'll give you double the points. then look up Excalibro builds and match one that fits with your available mods and BAM! you're not getting your @$$ handed to you anymore.

Meh, build guides aren't that great.

I think the main thing for you to remember is to not get shot... As much as possible.

Use cover, block, blind, and take the high ground whenever possible.

Beyond just basic tactics you want to make sure you are putting you mods where you mouth is... Or put mods in your mouth? I don' know where I was going with that...

Anyhow basic proper modding can go a long way. If you have mods like auto-reflect (though some shun it) and increased stamina can help you survive in a pinch when you need to get to cover.

Keep an eye out for an Alert that drops Rejuvenation. Another useful tool for a newer player.

Another mod to look at for your melee weapons is Life Strike. You can usually get it from Dark Sectors. But it makes your channeling a viable survival tool.

Keep experimenting, you'll find out what helps you survive. But most of all, Don't get shot.

Not trying to be mean but its not the frame, its the way you use it.

^This. Enemy level has no relation whatsoever to your frame's rank. They scale, you don't. Your rank is only here to give you mod points, and very small "buffs" to health/shield/energy once in a while.

mods mods mods.

what you want to do is potato it first, that'll give you double the points. then look up Excalibro builds and match one that fits with your available mods and BAM! you're not getting your @$$ handed to you anymore.

Not everyone knows what a "potato" is in warframe logic.  how do i delete this tumor of chat i just created on accident.

Edited by GhostHelios

Meh, build guides aren't that great.

They may not be, but to a wandering Tenno a little guidance, or at least a jumping off point, is a bit more than being left with no answers whatsoever. Even if the build guides are disagreed with, ideas may formulate as to how one can make adjustments, or thoughts can form as to how a person may want to play their frame.

Things can have purpose and utility, if you look at them at different angles :D

They may not be, but to a wandering Tenno a little guidance, or at least a jumping off point, is a bit more than being left with no answers whatsoever. Even if the build guides are disagreed with, ideas may formulate as to how one can make adjustments, or thoughts can form as to how a person may want to play their frame.

Things can have purpose and utility, if you look at them at different angles :D

That is true but I'm just saying they are not the best things ever.

Here's what I have: Radial Javelin, Redirection at +80%, Steel Fiber(Damaged) at +32% Armor, Flow at +100% Power max. Vitality +240%. and Reflection at +16%.

Also, while I have your guizzess attention, can any one of you fine fellows help a brotha out with this http://www.trueachievements.com/a192410/without-a-hitch-achievement.htm and this http://www.trueachievements.com/a192407/dark-sectors-achievement.htm

Also, while I have your guizzess attention, can any one of you fine fellows help a brotha out with this http://www.trueachievements.com/a192410/without-a-hitch-achievement.htm and this http://www.trueachievements.com/a192407/dark-sectors-achievement.htm

We would but you are on a different platform to the rest of us in the thread, your playing on Xbox 1 while we are on PC. So if you want help with those achievements you'll have to ask other Xbox 1 players for help.

Edited by NovusNova

I like how almost everyone replying is a PC player, telling him to "not suck" Have you played the console version? It's an unwieldy beast to use compared to keyboard and mouse on PC. I'm not even some "Master Race" shmuck. I just can't play this game enjoyably on consoles.

Here's what I have: Radial Javelin, Redirection at +80%, Steel Fiber(Damaged) at +32% Armor, Flow at +100% Power max. Vitality +240%. and Reflection at +16%.

I would definitely use Radial Blind with a stretch mod. If you need more mod space, think about replacing reflection and/or Steel fiber since they don't work as well (in terms of survivability) as redirection and vitality on Excal. Also think about using slash dash instead of radial javelin so you can mose to cover faster (even if that means going through a few guys :D).

Edit: Also use radial blind as much as possible. That's kind of an important detail to that power.

Edited by Brightside013

I like how almost everyone replying is a PC player, telling him to "not suck" Have you played the console version? It's an unwieldy beast to use compared to keyboard and mouse on PC. I'm not even some "Master Race" shmuck. I just can't play this game enjoyably on consoles.

That's only confirming that it's the player not the game in this situation.

One of two things you can do about this, besides what everyone else mentioned.  1) Learn to play this game on the console and become good at it through practice.  2) Quit and play this game on a PC.

I tried using a controller on my PC and it is very awkward for me, so I reverted back to using keyboard and mouse.  I only use the controller when playing solo and wanting practice with it.

Well first OP I suggest you potato your excal (if you plan on keeping it) and from there mod for mainly health & shields for him, skip armor and get some range and duration mods for radial blind and slash dash. 

Radial javelin is ok and all but it leaves you in one place for too long and lets enemies get easy shots off on you if anything I'd say use it in tandem if you just blinded a group of enemies before hand or better yet don't use it just doesn't seem worth it in the long run. Slash dash and Radial blind are your goto powers for mobility(slash dash) and crowd control (radial blind). 

In the end just don't stand still and keep on the move which will in turn increase your survivability.

Oh and I would go to the wikia and read up on his abilities and ways to mod them properly and look up builds if your still uncertain what to put in mod slots atleast this is what I'd do if I was in your position.