Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does My Warframe Suck So Bad?

(XBOX)King Chizzy

Question

Excalibur's survivability comes from his radial blind, you will want to keep your enemies blinded / stunned constantly to help you from being shot at. 

Mod's that can help make the use of radial blind easier are

-stretch / overextended to increase radial blind's range. 

-streamline / fleeting expertise if you want to keep the constant stun on all your enemies (it allows you to spam radial blind for the stun effect every couple seconds)

-continuity / constitution for an increase of how long enemies stay blinded.

Fleeting Expertise and Overextended are corrupt mods found by completing vault runs in the Orokin Derelict

Most builds that focus on radial blind usually have stretch / overextended & continuity / constitution   OR   stretch / overextended & streamline / fleeting expertise.  The difference in the two is one is for prolong blind on enemies and the other is for constant stun locking on enemies

Without knowing what you're using specifically on the frame and what weapons you have no one can really help you properly since we don't know what you're doing that's getting you killed.

Best advice:Look up a slash dash build, Set about collecting the mods necessary to make it work. and DO NOT rush to max out mods you might regret over level'ing later particuarly mods with drawbacks like blind rage. Find a spot where you're comfortable with the balance and just leave it be. Slash dash builds are effective because they're always moving, and enemies(particularly corpus) have a hard time hitting you. Also it's hard for them to shoot you when you've just cleaved them. I haven't done one in a long while though, since I don't have my excal anymore.

Alternatively you could build for a range/duration enhanced radial blind. Blinded enemeies are obviously easy pickings. Focus on increasing duration first as the range is pretty good to begin with and you probably won't need more than a stretch mod to get all the range you need.

basically you need to pick abilities to focus your frame towards based on your style of play. I used to use a javelin spamming excal myself just cause i liked turning enemies into pin cushions and I had a friend who played mag and liked to mark bosses with bullet attractor.

Point is, you need to specialize not generalize. Trying to build a frame that does everything will just feel mediocre. especially if you don't have high powered weapons.

Edited by Dekallis

Well I'd like to survive the Hijack missions so I can do that dumbass achievement. Doesn't really matter after that because after I get the new achievements I'm done playing this game again.

enemy levels are not the same as your frame, that's not how the game scales. what you need to do is mod the frame with survival mods like Redirection and Vitality, then focus on power mods so you can do more damage.

basically this game is about weapons and damage and this should be your focus. most mid to high rank players can run level 0 frames in high level missions with just one good weapon. for example i can run Orokin Derelict Defense missions to 15 with a less than level 5 frame and my(so far) 2 Forma'd Quanta. it just kills them too gosh darn fast.

1. Mods

2. How your mods are set up

3. Way you use your Warframe

4. Warframe ability synchronysation

5. Your weapons

6. How you use your weapons

7. How you play Warframe

8. Wait a second, there was a zero after the level of those Warframes.... level 100 bombards????!!!!

That hp and shield at that level... sounds like you may not have a reactor (potato) installed. And even if you do, some warframes take a bit more dedication to build up than others. Using a potato is only the first step to power. The next step is the almighty forma.

... then the mods.

For Excalibur, I run max redirection and vitality. Sometimes, I use vigor too but not usually. Unlike most, I do use super jump but this is personal preference. He's probably better without it, but I often get lazy when having to climb a flight of stairs. I kept his aura slot at neutral, so I can run any aura mod without consequences.

I like how almost everyone replying is a PC player, telling him to "not suck" Have you played the console version? It's an unwieldy beast to use compared to keyboard and mouse on PC. I'm not even some "Master Race" shmuck. I just can't play this game enjoyably on consoles.

I disagree.  Especially during my longer play sessions I use, and prefer to use, a 360 controller rather than the keyboard and it handles just fine.  The only thing I can't do is roll (for dislodging those little exploding balls that stick to you) but it's no problem for me to tap Shift real quick in the rare instance that I actually care about getting those off of me.

Edited by Ralsk