Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Scavenge Börked...

Brimir

Same with Dig. I heard a rumour about such abilities only activating when there are no alerted enemies around... which would explain why I've only seen them used at the beginning of a mission.

Maybe we could tell them "Either you open these lockers or you go back to the freezer". That should definitely help fix that lazy behaviour.

Or maybe fixing this behaviour would convince me of taking my kubrow out of the freezer.

I think the issue you are having is the mod order you have set up. The kubrow will give priority to mods on the top row, starting from the left, before it even thinks about using mods on the bottom row, again prioritized from left to right.

Therefore if your scavenge mod is in the upper left corner, it will do that whenever there is a locker to interact with. if it is in the bottom right corner, it will first see if it can use it's other precept mods before trying to open a locker. 

Therefore if your scavenge mod is in the upper left corner, it will do that whenever there is a locker to interact with. if it is in the bottom right corner, it will first see if it can use it's other precept mods before trying to open a locker. 

I thought so too, so I've always had it top left, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I think the issue you are having is the mod order you have set up. The kubrow will give priority to mods on the top row, starting from the left, before it even thinks about using mods on the bottom row, again prioritized from left to right.

Thanks for the tip, I will check for my mod order as soon as my Kubrow unfreezes and report back. I do believe I put a maxed dig on the top left one though, since I'm used to that mechanic from Sentinels.

I think the underlying problem is that kubrows don't have an attack 'precept' like sentinels so that we can fully prioritize their behaviour. AFAIK, mod order works for the behaviours we can move around, but the movement/attack AI for it we can't influence, and seems to override the regular stuff frequently.

I think the underlying problem is that kubrows don't have an attack 'precept' like sentinels so that we can fully prioritize their behaviour. AFAIK, mod order works for the behaviours we can move around, but the movement/attack AI for it we can't influence, and seems to override the regular stuff frequently.

That is a very good point, that really should be addressed. Maybe make it a zero cost mod that can't be unequipped or something to allow the player more choice in how the Kubrow behaves. 

Again - I have tested moving it around.

it still doesn't work.

What part were you testing? The chance to interact with a locker, or the chance to open a locker that was interacted with? I do believe the mod changes the chance to open a locker that has been interacted with, not the chance that a locker will be interacted with in the first place. This would explain why the mod doesn't seem to do much good for opening those locked lockers; the Kubrow isn't even interacting with them to begin with.

What part were you testing? The chance to interact with a locker, or the chance to open a locker that was interacted with? I do believe the mod changes the chance to open a locker that has been interacted with, not the chance that a locker will be interacted with in the first place. This would explain why the mod doesn't seem to do much good for opening those locked lockers; the Kubrow isn't even interacting with them to begin with.

The original post states:

Kubrow doesn't show the slightest interest in opening lockers

Which is the problem at hand: doge doesn't even try.