Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Very Sarcastic Or Just Appreciative?

Nyrakav

I realize that, but people praise DE like they're some sort of Egyptian deity. And yes I realize how childish I sound in this post, just a matter of interpretation I suppose.

I've yet to see anyone give praise in such a manner. People posting "Thank you"s aren't grovelling at DE's feet. They're expressing gratitude.

That said, I think you've gotten spoiled on DE's constant content updates, and when they finally find it viable to focus only on pure fixes, you (and quite a few people I've noticed) cry foul. Such a way of thinking is totally ridiculous to me; especially when practically the same people rage about how DE isn't "fixing anything". I swear, the hypocrisy in this forum is truly, truly insane.

Updates prior to 14.8 and so on. Say it's Wednesday, people are excited for for a new weapon or game type or tile set, then DE releases 14.8.1 "We fixed some very minor annoyances" then most are let down. An analogy a friend of mine came up with was "It's like an abusive parent, they'll beat their child and expect them to say 'thank you' after words."

Alright, I just caught this.

You compared DE fixing broken aspects of their game - an objectively good act - to a parent beating their child?

What the actual f@%^?

Alright, I just caught this.

You compared DE fixing broken aspects of their game - an objectively good act - to a parent beating their child?

What the actual f@%^?

Again, not my words, hence the quotes. The words of Vakaryn.

I never said that I supported the claim, I simply said that Vakaryn came up with that analogy because he feels similarly.

This was severely taken out of context, so don't send me hate mail. It was in a PRIVATE call between myself and Nyr, and I honestly am quite disappointed that he quoted me on that.

Shame on you, man. SHAAAAAAAAAAME.

EDIT: I also want to add that this was also said quite a few updates ago, so it hardly applies now.

Edited by Vakaryn

All the recent nat and directx bugs were preventing people from playing. Even if those were very minor to the majority of the playerbase, the people who weren't able to play were probably happy it was fixed.

Or maybe they main Torid (god, I hope nobody mains Torid) and they're happy the clouds can crit now. 

Or a dozen other reasons.

I've just picked up the Torrid, and for the life of me I can't work out why people don't like it.

The thing is monsterous

Haven't even Forma'd it and I love the thing.

Ebola cannon FTW

On topic, those who complain are the vocal minority. Most people like the way things are going, and don't feel the need to post about it

I've just picked up the Torrid, and for the life of me I can't work out why people don't like it.

The thing is monsterous

Haven't even Forma'd it and I love the thing.

Ebola cannon FTW

On topic, those who complain are the vocal minority. Most people like the way things are going, and don't feel the need to post about it

40 damage per second sounds kind of sucky though... but sounds fun anyways. For lower levels.

Higher levels? Trinity Galatine/Scindo  Prime (with Cleaving Whirlwind) + Vauban for the win

Edited by jjpdn